Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TLK Getting to know you

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    FAVOURITES
    Good character:Mufasa,Sarabi,Rafiki,Simba,Nala..pretty much all the good characters
    Bad character:Scar
    Character all-round:Simba
    Song:Circle of life
    Musical score:King of Pride Rock
    Scene:The whole movie gives me chills...but I guess the return of Simba.Busa le lizwe bo!
    Quote:We are all connected in the great circle of life

THEORIES
    Where did Scar‘s scar come from?An accident or fight that involved Mufasa/his parents/a loved one.
    Who is Nala‘s father?A male lion that was banished from the pride because he came of age/a rogue?
    How did Simba grow so big eating grubs?He ate loooooots of them.Nah.I too believe that eventually he started hunting without Timon and Pumbaa knowing.
    SFX/SEX in the stars?I had never noticed it until I saw about it on parodies on fanart.archive(fanart by Timali)...Don't know and don't particularly care.I'll go along with the official version:SFX
    How did Nala escape the Pridelands?The other lionesses distracted Scar and the hyenas,giving Nala an opening to escape.
    Is Scar Nuka‘s father?I'd say yes.Nuka has crazy genes,that's obvious enough.:P

OTHER
    If you could change any one thing in the TLK movies, what would it be?Rewrite SP and TLK 1 1/2,as other members suggested already.I don't hate SP but it doesn't live up to the first movie.And I don't even want to talk about TLK 1 1/2.
    How did you get into the fandom?Around 2001 I discovered lionking.org while looking for lion king pictures and stuff...On 2004 I joined the fanart archive...I've been around ever since but especially in the beginning I wasn't super social because of language issues...
    Why do you love TLK?TLK has been there ever since I remember myself.I grew up with Simba and Nala and dreaming of their lands.I can't imagine my life without it.Without it,I wouldn't be the person I am today.
    Will you ever get sick of TLK?I don't think so.
    Your favourite TLK thing that you own?A large cardboard Simba that I got as birthday gift 2 years ago.
    Ever named a pet after a TLK character?Yes,I named one of our cats Nala when I was 4-5.
    Any additional thoughts:Looking forward to the Lion guard.Zzzzzzzz....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    FAVOURITES
    Good character: & &
    Bad character:
    Character all-round:
    Song: "Circle of Life"
    Musical score: "...To Die For" (Wildebeest stampede)
    Scene: "Remember who you are"
    Quote: "Can't cut it out. It will grow right back. Hehehe." "Creepy little monkey."

THEORIES
    Where did Scar‘s scar come from? It wasn't the first time Rafiki whacked someone's head with a stick, nor the last, but the time he tried it on Scar, he missed -- whether intentionally or not, we'll never know.
    Who is Nala‘s father? Not just Who, but Doctor Who. Now that would be an interesting development.
    How did Simba grow so big eating grubs?
    Code:
    int simba = 1;

simba = runAway(simba) + neverReturn(); /* neverReturn always returns 0 */

private static int runAway(int simba) {
    try {
    eats(simba, grubs); /* no effect */ simba /= 0;
    } catch Exception e {
    System.out.println("Silly Simba, you can't divide yourself by zero, but you get this huge stack of cookies as a consolation prize."); years++; simba = Integer.MAX_VALUE;
    } return simba;
    }
    SFX/SEX in the stars? I guess it depends on the mood. (I honestly wouldn't have ever seen letters if others hadn't pointed it out.)
    How did Nala escape the Pridelands? The Pridelands are equipped with underground escape tunnels, a little-known relic of the Prohibition era.
    Is Scar Nuka‘s father? Sure, I'll take it.

OTHER
    If you could change any one thing in the TLK movies, what would it be? I would replace all of The Lion King 1-1/2 (3) with the Windows Blue Screen of Death. (Honestly, I'm not sure anything about the movies needs to change, unlike George Lucas and Star Wars. )
    How did you get into the fandom? I was working at a store that sold books, movies and music and The Lion King had just come out on DVD. I remember liking it as a kid, so I picked it up, then I watched it every day for a month. And that's when I found Lea Halalela.
    Why do you love TLK? It's pretty much the perfect movie -- no shorter or longer than it needs to be -- and themes are pretty much universal.
    Will you ever get sick of TLK? No. However, I've gotten to the point where paradoxically I don't feel the need to ever watch it again on my own, though I'd be happy to watch it with other people.
    Your favourite TLK thing that you own? Deluxe Collector's Edition VHS set.
    Ever named a pet after a TLK character? I have not.
    Any additional thoughts: There are no additional thoughts, only Zuul.
    Last edited by Vidan; September 18th, 2014 at 04:48 AM.

Gone
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    FAVOURITES
    Good character: Mufasa & Simba
    Bad character: Scar
    Character all-round: Sarabi & Nala
    Song: Can You Feel the Love Tonight
    Musical score: Battle of Pride Rock
    Scene: Mufasa's Ghost
    Quote: "...and we'll always be together, right?" "Simba, let me tell you something that my father once told me. 'Look at the stars. The great kings of the past look down on us from those stars.'" "Really?" "Yes. So whenever you feel alone, just remember that those kings will always be there to guide you. And so will I"

THEORIES
    Where did Scar‘s scar come from? Maybe from the books, or maybe from Sarabi?
    Who is Nala‘s father? An outsider I'm sure....
    How did Simba grow so big eating grubs? It could work maybe LOL.
    How did Nala escape the Pridelands? Sneeky Nala....
    Is Scar Nuka‘s father? It's a nice plot...

OTHER
    If you could change any one thing in the TLK movies, what would it be? That Scar killed Mufasa.....

How did you get into the fandom? Since I saw the movie; from art (TLKFAA) which led me to many sites that led me here to meet even more fans.
    Why do you love TLK? Artowkr and music, characters and plots - part of my soul.
    Will you ever get sick of TLK? Nah...
    Your favourite TLK thing that you own? Plush Mufasa....
    Ever named a pet after a TLK character? No.

Gone
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidan View Post
    Code:
    int simba = 1;

try {
    } catch Exception e {
    System.out.println("Silly Simba, you can't divide yourself by zero, but you get this huge stack of cookies as a consolation prize."); years++; simba = Integer.MAX_VALUE;
    } return simba;
    }

Oh my goodness you crack me up!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Who is Nala‘s father? Not just Who, but Doctor Who. Now that would be an interesting development.
    Code:
    int simba = 1;

try {
    } catch Exception e {
    } return simba;
    }
    Hahaha! Those are amazing answers

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Code:
    int simba = 1;

try {
    } catch Exception e {
    } return simba;
    }

*Spit take* God, hilarious.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks, I guess learning Java finally paid off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    FAVOURITES
    Good character: Kovu
    Bad character: Scar, of course
    Character all-round: Simba or Kovu for sure
    Song: Endless Night, but from the movie itself, Can You Feel The Love Tonight?
    Musical score: King of Pride Rock
    Scene: Rafiki and Simba talking about the past. But also, this ->
    Quote: "Oh yes, the past can hurt, but you can either run from it, or learn from it"

THEORIES
    Where did Scar‘s scar come from? Maybe Mufasa was secretly abusive. Nah, I think Scar gave himself the scar to look cool. hipster Scar.
    Who is Nala‘s father? According to the creators of the film, it's either Mufasa or Scar. Icky to us, common to real life lions. My bet is on Scar.
    How did Simba grow so big eating grubs? He ate all of the predators that attacked Timon and Pumbaa (from the Timon and Pumbaa show)
    SFX/SEX in the stars? SEX
    How did Nala escape the Pridelands? She obviously teamed up with Gopher, and he dug a big hole for her to crawl through to escape. *nods*
    Is Scar Nuka‘s father? Yeah, pretty sure. I mean, how many lions could Zira have... ya know

OTHER
    If you could change any one thing in the TLK movies, what would it be? Better animation/theatrical release for The Lion King II, more time spent on the animation and story in general
    How did you get into the fandom? I started by RPing on Yahoo Groups so long ago 2000-2003 (not sure what year actually)
    Why do you love TLK? Good story, good animation, good music - what's not to love?
    Will you ever get sick of TLK? I wouldn't say I got 'sick' of it, but I do go through long periods of time of not watching it.
    Your favourite TLK thing that you own? Mm... this will sound self-praising but, my lion-king inspired fanart. It's unique and mine alone, so, it's special to me
    Ever named a pet after a TLK character? I would have, if any of my pets' personalities or appearances resembled them, but so far, no.
    Any additional thoughts:

I was left to my own devices. Many days fell away with nothing to show. And the walls kept tumbling down in the city that we love. Great clouds roll over the hills, bringing darkness from above. We were caught up and lost in all of our vices. Oh where do we begin; the rubble or our sins? But if you close your eyes, does it almost feel like nothing's changed at all?