Thanks Thanks:  8
Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: The last movie you've watched thread

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    omg, Black Sheep, if that's the one I think it is, then NO, don't watch it on Easter

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The Imitation Game

I finally watched it. It's really, really good. I loved it!

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Peter Pan

I was looking for the 2-disc edition for quite some time now, it's an old release, the latest one is only 1 disc, and luckily found it for a very cheap price, and it's as good as new.

So watched it last night. I hadn't seen this movie in like 20 years, lol (I did see Back to Neverland 2 weeks ago, I own that one since it came out).

Each time I go to Disneyland and do the ride, it makes me feel like watching the movie, but since I didn't have it, lol.
    After last night, I remembered why I didn't have it, I didn't like it that much
    But oh well, it was a great price, 2-disc, so loads of extra's, and I needed to complete the collection anyways

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Home, I really expected more from this, but it a nice movie to watch, with na amazing soundtrack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Interstellar. I had no idea what to expect from this, as I hadn't seen the preview since it was released or read any reviews. So I went into it completely blind. Must say that I absolutely loved it. It felt intense the whole way through, it's a really long movie, but it didn't feel long. The ending was a little odd but really the only complaint I have. There's probably a little nit-picky things regarding space and gravity etc etc you could pull apart, but that's no fun. To be honest while the movie probably stands alone well, I personally thought it was the score that really made it exactly what it was. Hans Zimmer has composed an amazing score, building and building up to crucial moments, it really tied so well with the film, so much more than many movies do. The film and score combined are really amazing, gave me goosebumps and kept me on the edge of my seat the whole way through.

Quote Originally Posted by KanuTGL View Post
    Bambi II :'D

I didn't like it as much as I remembered, but it's still a cute film and for a Disney sequel it really holds a high standard. Lots of pretty art!
    I quite liked Bambi II as well, it does have some very beautiful scenes, and since the Great Prince was always my favourite character from the original, I loved that they went back and explored him more. It's been a long time since I watched, so I might have to do so again
    Last edited by Azerane; April 21st, 2015 at 11:29 AM.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I recently watched Avengers - Age of Ultron. It was a good movie with the right balance between fun and action. The last part dominated of course, but it was still very entertaining to see the special effect firework. From the story point of view I had other expectations like a more central and superior role in the bad guy "Ultron". The bad guys from the last movie (forget the name of this alien race) seems more threating. I think the movie will continue the line of high-grossing Marvel adaptions. :-)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    The last movie I saw was also avengers-ultron and my opinion is the same as s-tlk.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Age of Ultron here too. I loved the little nods to upcoming projects. I thought I was going to have a fit when they were talking about what Ultron was after and where it was from.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    In preparation for the upcoming new movie I recently watched Jurassic Park 1-3 So excited for Jurassic World.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I can't believe James Spader was Ultron's voice, love <3 lol

I watched "I love you Phillipe Morris" this morning.
    Had taped this soooo long ago. I really like watching movies based on true stories.
    Can't help while watching the movie, going on wikipedia and read everything about the real life situations.

I guess Steven was like Frank Abigail (Catch me if you can).
    But Steven seemed to be less of a genius then Frank, 'cause he got caught every single time.

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Im enjoying what a local cinema of here is doing that is showing classical movies in the big screen! (i don´t know there where you live, but here you never have a way to watch old movies in cinemas, so, this idea of reprising movies, including Disney ones*, were very well acepted here).

I watched terminator 2 (for the frist time) there, amazing movie.

*Im waiting for TLK there

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I saw The Avengers age of Ultron again last night, but with Kenny this time.

As we had still free tickets lying around which would expire Sunday, and that was the only decent movie playing at a certain time.

It was a lot better the 2nd time around, lol.

Love James Spader as Ultron.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I finally saw Jurassic World.

At first I was skeptical, I didn't like how it looked in the trailers to be honest, and I would certainly like it if the Jurassic Park franchise was more scientifically accurate (or at least generate real science debates, like in the first movie) but overlooking all that, I really enjoyed the movie, it was so friggin' awesome! I quite recommend it.

On a side note, someone had mistakenly told me that Chris Pratt's character was Tim, the kid from the first JP all grown up. I was a little disappointed that it wasn't true because come on, look at them, Tim does resemble a mini-Chris Pratt! how could they miss that opportunity!?

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Jurassic Park is apparently my emotional kryptonite. There was NO REASON for me to weep and cry at this movie at the parts that threw back to the old one like I did. So, it's Jurassic World now. ....I wish I knew if I could talk about it and not spoil anything!

It looked like typical CGI, IDK, I find it a little difficult to see and focus on in action scenes. I love that they went back to the original idea and made it like it all really happened. I want to see it again just to take in the park. I want to see it again just because it woke up the fangirl.

Proud to be a Larry, I was in my vintage shirt xD
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.

You have your orders, soldier. Dare's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just saw Jurassic World (FINALLY!) yesterday.

I think I actually prefer the special effects of the first movie to this one, but I’ll have to go back and screen Jurassic Park again to be sure.

Last edited by Dare; July 9th, 2015 at 03:39 PM.

Providing Lea with quality curmudgeon and lurking services since 2004.
    Lea Felon: warned for the heinous crime of poking a badger with a spoon.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    The librarian.
    Love Noah Wyle ever his first appearance on ER <3

The movie was really good, taking it was just something very light and silly to watch, lol, though, Noah's acting was really good!

The special effects, oh my God, sooooo lame !! therefor, if you wanna watch something light, watch it

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

all magic comes with a price Opera Ghost's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've just watched Twilight: New Moon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Re: Jurassic World.....yeah, I have no idea how they're going to do a decent sequel because I honestly give not a crap about these new characters. It took me three weeks after the movie to realize Chris Pratt's character actually has a name even. And the plotting/pace was kind of like a kid with action figures, like, this happens! And then this happens too! And then that crashes! And what they were trying to say or do with each plot device never really sank in.

I don't know how a second film will do without the nostalgia/nods to the first one giving it power. I mean, dinosaurs, and I'm sure it will be fun enough, but I feel like they milked it all in this one, lol.

Unless Lex shows up. I have a dream sequel in which she's working as a hacker for the CIA and intercepts chatter about the embryos Wu took and has to save the day. Or at least make an appearance.
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Ant man and pixels, both are not amazing movies but they are fun enough to worth the going to cinema

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    How to train your dragon 2

I'm not impressed at all.
    Can't keep focussing on it, doesn't speak to me like the first one did.