0 Post(s)
    Dumb and Dumber to

I want 2 hours of my life back.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HasiraKali View Post
    101 Dalmatians

Just as great as I remembered.
    If you watched it in the bluray, could you tell me if it has the Portuguese dub?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Troy...
    I know that it is a historic tale but ... I really don't felt well after the movie ending in seeing so many people being killed and burnt...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Honestly? I just finished watching The Lion King on Disney Channel, I laughed this little kids enjoyed the movie so much.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Cinderella. It was glorious. Much better than Maleficent.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Song of the Sea.

I finally got to watch it, and... wow, just wow This has to be one of the best animated movies I've seen in years, I loved every bit of it!
    It's such a pity these kind of movies aren't in bigger consideration at the Oscars, I understand Big Hero 6 is a good movie, but... did the voters even watch this one? Maybe it would've won if the exact same story had been done by Pixar... and in 3D ><

Please do yourself a favor and watch it, I highly recommend it

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Last movie I watched was... Pride (the 2014 film, not the one with the talking lions :P), I think. I love it sooo much <3

I really, really want to see Song of the Sea soon.

Also, slightly off-topic I suppose, but in connection to Leor's comment above - after reading The Hollywood Reporter's "Brutally Honest Oscar Ballots" series, I have lost all respect for the Academy Awards. Especially the comments regarding the awards for animation make me absolutely furious. I always thought somehow that "the Academy" were professionals who would cast votes after fair and careful consideration, but what seems to be really going on behind the scenes of the Oscars is nothing I want to support or can have the slightest respect for. It's well and truly ridiculous and a film receiving an Academy Award doesn't say much about its quality or content to me now >_> [/rage]
    Last edited by KanuTGL; March 22nd, 2015 at 01:41 PM.

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    It's like Eurovision, kind of.

Saw Big Stan last night, for the 100 time or so, they show it like, twice a year on TV.
    Still, a good laugh, lol.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    At the cinema, I also watched Cinderella. It was quite entertaining and I liked it even more than the old animated version. I can't really compare it to Maleficient though. I've seen both, but I think each movie has another idea behind it. I liked both, but I think I could more relate to Cinderella.

And I think I'll see Song of the Sea someday. I've heard so many good things and I got curious.

Oh and yeah... I've watched Episode 4-7 (SE) with a friend about a week ago at home. She has never seen a Star Wars movie before and so we just had to do that

"Respect the past; you never know how it may affect you."
    ~ Brom, "Eragon".

Thank you for that nice Avatar, Atimon.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    And now I watched The Tale of Princess Kaguya

It's a really beautiful movie, I really liked the charcoal sketch and watercolor artstyle, and the story is quite good too. It was another great contender for best animated film (although between this one and Song of the Sea, I still prefer the latter )

And yes, I also read about the kind of criteria they have towards the nominees at the Academy Awards, and I agree with Kanu. They've lost any respect I once had for them. I wasn't joking when I wondered if they even watched Song of the Sea, some of the voters really have admitted they don't see the films and just go for how it looks like for them. Ridiculous indeed

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Cinderella <3

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I'm having a Modern Family marathon right now, I got all first 4 seasons on DVD.

One of the last movies I watched was Mirror Mirror.
    I really liked it. They did a good job with the story.

The Bollywood song in the end ... hated it.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Cinderella, I really thought the movie would bring much new things with the tale we knew from the animated version (like they done with maleficent) but they preferred in most of the movie keep what we already knew, this disappointed me a little.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Bambi II :'D

I didn't like it as much as I remembered, but it's still a cute film and for a Disney sequel it really holds a high standard. Lots of pretty art!

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Aka STM (Administrator ) Sadiki's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I been watching a lot of movies this week as Audra is visiting her mom during the spring break.

The movies I watched this week are:
    - Patriot games
    - Tears of the sun
    - November man
    - RoboCop ( 2014 )
    - Jack Ryan : shadow recruit

On top of that I watched last 3 episodes of Gotham.

Lea members I have met: Fuzzy, Naline, Boos, Ruska, Tima, Talfasi, JambaB, Sharifu, Vidan, Muruwa, Taneli, Shadow, nathalie, Lucy , Amaryllis, This Land, Daniel, Lion King Stu, King Simba, Nephilim, KanuTGL, Lion_King_300, 2DieFR, Kenai, A-non-a-mus, Eva Janus, dlb138, Levin, HasiraKali, Revo, Simba The Enigma, Azerane and Xacheraus.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The last movie I watched was "Paddington", the bear named after the train station in London. Although the movie was not blessed with an amazing story (it reminds me very much of Tarzan), but the animation was very nice and the bear has no similarities to this other obnoxious annoying furball from the Disney company. ;-)
    But many parts of the movie (despite the talking bear) were illogical, for instance that a bear in London at a train station wouldn't sit there completely unnoticed by everyone. Maybe you need to consider him as a symbol for refugees.

Nevertheless, when you have time it is still worth watching and to see many familiar places in London. ^^

You have your orders, soldier. Dare's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just got done with Big Hero 6...finally.
    I do not understand how this movie won an Oscar.

Providing Lea with quality curmudgeon and lurking services since 2004.
    Lea Felon: warned for the heinous crime of poking a badger with a spoon.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by s-tlk View Post
    The last movie I watched was "Paddington", the bear named after the train station in London. Although the movie was not blessed with an amazing story (it reminds me very much of Tarzan), but the animation was very nice and the bear has no similarities to this other obnoxious annoying furball from the Disney company. ;-)
    But many parts of the movie (despite the talking bear) were illogical, for instance that a bear in London at a train station wouldn't sit there completely unnoticed by everyone. Maybe you need to consider him as a symbol for refugees.

Nevertheless, when you have time it is still worth watching and to see many familiar places in London. ^^
    If you haven't seen Ted then already, I advise you to not watch it, haha!

Apperently in that movie it's also very normal for a, let's be honest, humping swearing Bear to be real for everyone.

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Monty Python's Life of Brian

....Hillarious!

- Hamlet

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Haha, so you really did watch the movie on Easter?

At first, my husband and I wanted to watch "Black Sheep" yesterday (not really an Easter movie, huh?).
    However, we encountered some technical difficulties, because our BD-Player sucks and so we had to change plans :P

Instead, we watched another "trash movie"; a very old Polish one and rather a comedy for adults, I'd say.
    Two men volunteered to serve science by trying out a kind of "hibernating device". Origininally, they should wake up three years later in the year 1994. Instead, they slept until around 2044. To their surprise all men were gone and only women were left.
    Sounds like a paradise for some men, but unfortunately for the two protagonists, not in this movie
    So yeah... it was really strange in some parts but we had some good laughs.

"Respect the past; you never know how it may affect you."
    ~ Brom, "Eragon".

Thank you for that nice Avatar, Atimon.