Thanks Thanks:  8
Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: The last movie you've watched thread

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Kubo and the two strings.

What an epic movie that was! Really did make me appreciate stop-motion animation a lot more.

Aka STM (Administrator ) Sadiki's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Warcraft. I know it got poor reception in US, but it really is pretty good movie, especially if you know anything about background of the characters and the world. I do feel like starting from the second game though and just narrating the events of first game would of worked better as second game has lot more epic story line and more depth in characters. I do hope they do continue on making the trilogy though as I do feel like has a lot more potential than most people give it credit. I feel like the image general public have about WoW did also hurt the movie.

Lea members I have met: Fuzzy, Naline, Boos, Ruska, Tima, Talfasi, JambaB, Sharifu, Vidan, Muruwa, Taneli, Shadow, nathalie, Lucy , Amaryllis, This Land, Daniel, Lion King Stu, King Simba, Nephilim, KanuTGL, Lion_King_300, 2DieFR, Kenai, A-non-a-mus, Eva Janus, dlb138, Levin, HasiraKali, Revo, Simba The Enigma, Azerane and Xacheraus.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I actually agree with you there. I've never played WoW, but I had a look at the general story before watching the movie, and I quite enjoyed it. It may not be a masterpiece to please critics (as if that movie were for them in the first place ><) but it is a lot better than those mediocre D&D movies, and the production is fantastic, it's visually very impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Kossu View Post
    Kubo and the two strings.

What an epic movie that was! Really did make me appreciate stop-motion animation a lot more.
    Ah! I'm dying to see that movie. I've heard many good things about it, and as a fan of stop-motion, I'm excited

As for me, I recently watched Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders. Based on the 60's series with Adam West and Burt Ward. Seriously, if you were let down by the BvS Batfleck or the Killing Joke movie, this is your antidote.
    It's incredibly hillarious, it even pokes fun at the Chris Nolan films. You guys should watch it

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Last film I watched on tv was Grumpy Old Men A classic.

Last one I saw at the cinema was Dr Strange. Pat wanted to see it, I expected not to like it, I liked it It was different, which made it interesting.
    That which you manifest is before you.

You have your orders, soldier. Dare's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just saw Doctor Strange last night.
    I really really liked it, though I shudder to think what watching the movie in 3D would have done to my eyes.
    Now I know what my friend meant when he said the movie was a like an "MC Escher acid trip".

Providing Lea with quality curmudgeon and lurking services since 2004.
    Lea Felon: warned for the heinous crime of poking a badger with a spoon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Haha yes it certainly had some unique moments. I couldn't even imagine having watched it in 3D, would have hurt the eyes surely Fantastic concepts though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Last movie I watched was Don't Breath. A thriller with a twist or two! I actually enjoyed it!
    Siggy pic made by Simba '04

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Sausage Party was one of them ... Very disturbing, funny though. If you really wanna watch something light, and you're old enough to watch, then yeah, sure, watch it

Adam had never seen the Aristocats *gasp* so watched that too.
    Finding Dory, Mary Poppins, and Deuce Bigolow 2.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I've just watched "The Good Dinosaur". The backgrounds ware amazing!
    However the dinosaurs looked a bit strange inside this "realistic" environment. I also didn't enjoy the story that much. Of course, there were some elements tjat I liked (a few taking from TLK as it seems...), but overall I feel like it lacked something important. It was also quite dark and cruel at times. Nothing I would expect from a Disney movie. It has its nice moments though.

"Respect the past; you never know how it may affect you."
    ~ Brom, "Eragon".

Thank you for that nice Avatar, Atimon.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I liked the Good Dinosaur, but I think you are right, it did lack for something, can't quite put my finger on what though. And yeah, the dino designs inside of the hyper realistic setting bugged me.

I watched The Swan Princess the other day, had never seen it. I am currently watching Psycho, the original one. D: So far not too scary. The tense music in the background makes me more anxious than anything else so far...wait, nevermind, just got to the shower scene. :C

TLKFAA DeviantArt Tumblr Twitter Instagram Facebook

“Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself.
    And no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dream." ~Paulo Coelho

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I completely agree with you about The Good Dinosaur, Kirauni! I don't quite understand why they wanted to put these super-stylised characters in a hyper-realistic environment. Gorgeous scenery and lighting, absolutely, but otherwise not the strongest Pixar production in my opinion :C

Last film I watched was Lilo & Stitch. I forgot how sweet it actually is <3 And those beautiful Chris Sanders characters! <3

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You guys share my exact feeling for The Good Dinosaur too! Backgrounds, landscapes and effects, mind-blowingly amazing! The characters however did not fit into the universe that was created for them. Such a pity because it was so gorgeous.

Kasei, I can't watch scary movies. My imagination is too good and I never sleep well for days, sometimes weeks after

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Aaand I agree with all of you on 'The Good Dinosaur', on everything, plus I also thought they didn't really explore well the idea of how the world would be if the asteroid hadn't killed the dinosaurs. Sure, that meant there could be a human in the movie, and dinosaurs had some farming skills, but... that's about it, that's all they could think of It's an idea that had a lot of potential, and they didn't really do anything with it xP

I finally got to see 'Kubo and the Two Strings', and I loved it! Maybe the storytelling still needed some work, but it's still a fantastic movie with some of the best stop-motion animation techniques I've seen. The Making-of features are as amazing as the movie itself too

I also got to watch again the new Jungle Book movie, but this time I saw it in English, and that actually helped me to appreciate it much more. There's more references to the book than I thought, so it was great to see they did do some more research on the story beyond the classic Disney film. I also appreciated the visual effects technology much better this time around, I still have my questions about using this format for the new Lion King movie, but... it sure is really darn impressive with The Jungle Book. So here's hoping they'll know how to use it well for TLK. I'm a tiny little bit more optimistic about it now (but very careful optimism, I'd say xP)

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Watched Doctor Strange, and I quite liked it . I'm getting more convinced that I'm just biased to like Cumberbatch in anything :P . And I thought the ending was quite clever.

Ooh, and I also watched Finding Dory. It sure was tugging deep for those heartstrings . They were certainly walking a fine line in how to not make Dory's forgetfulness become annoying to follow.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I thought "Doctor Strange" was really good too. Even though I'm not a big fan of superhero movies in general, I really enjoyed that one.

The last movie I watched was "Fantastic beasts and where to find them". I have to say, I wasn't expecting much of the film, other than it would be impressive to look at. I was pleasantly surprised though. The story was quite decent and the acting was very good and I really liked the character of Newt Scamander . It gave me plenty of good laughs too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rogue One. I won't spoil it for anyone. I have a couple of small gripes about it, but overall I really enjoyed it.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Moana. Don't ask me how :'D

And it was very, very good. I got a lot of 90s-Disney vibes from it, in a good way, and I loove the songs (yaay, LMM!). It's lovely to see Ron and John back on form. I still don't think it can beat Tangled in terms of CG Disney-princess awesomeness, because Tangled is honestly perfect, but Moana is so much better than Frozen, like woha. I can't wait to see it again

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I got a lot of 90s-Disney vibes from it,
    YES! I thought the same thing while watching Moana!
    While it's not a perfect movie it's really worth watching. And without doubt it's better than Frozen! Just go and watch it if you haven't seen it yet.

And the last movie I watched was Star Wars: A New Hope (silver screen edition - a scan of 35mm film).
    I moved my thoughs about the movie to this topic: http://leahalalela.net/showthread.ph...l=1#post200647
    Last edited by Nit; December 23rd, 2016 at 11:11 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I really, REALLY need to see Moana. I've been kind of stubborn in not going to see it because I would love to watch it in English first, so I'm waiting until it's available on Bluray. I've enjoyed other movies much better in English (Zootopia, Jungle Book... it was a miracle they put Pete's Dragon in English here xP)
    But with all the hype and the reviews, I'm just about to change my mind and go watch it anyway. I've been actively avoiding spoilers so far (I haven't even heard 'How Far I'll Go', dammit! xD)

Last movie I saw was Rogue One, and I was really impressed! Way better than I expected

- Hamlet

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    We saw both Gremlin movies. 'Cause you know, it's Xmas, lol.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu