I'm also very sorry to hear that.
Just like Azerane, I was thinking of what I could write you. But the words didn't seem to be right, so I remained silent.
As many here, I've never been in such a situation. My father died rather quickly and unexpectedly a few years ago. At that time I didn't realize what was happening until a few days later. However, I have a very hard time thinking about the events back then even today. How the paramedics tried to reanimate him and how I told my husband to keep my mother in the living room while I stayed with me father. I didn't want her to see what I did... but those are pictures I will never forget. And they are painful memories, even today. So I think I know you you feel right now.
I didn't know where I would be now if it wasn't for my father's, mother's and also my faith in God. So I'm glad your mother has Him and I pray for her that he'll give her the strenght to live on. I know how my mother suffered when she suddenly had to face everything on her own. Of course I will also keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
I'm just glad you managed to say a few words to your father before he died. It was a really good think to get a few moments alone with him. No matter if he understood everything. I'm sure he knew or felt you were there and you did all you could.

*hugs*