Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Simba's Pride thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    :scream: <-- Timon and Pumbaa weep. They're characters too, folks! You can't just completely drop them from the story...

But yes, Nuka and Tani needed more airtime. Even if it's probably not true, I like to think that their Scar's cubs, 'cause they alone are worthy xP But that's fangirlish little me.

EDIT: Erm.. far too much T&P in TLK1.5? Dude, they're the main characters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Timon and Pumbaa are ok in the third movie, as it is a movie about them, after all. I personally liked the 3rd movie. I just think they were a little annoying in SP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I said in the other thread that I agree they're annoying, but I don't think they should've been dropped/had less airtime. I posted about that in This land's thread, dun wanna repeat myself here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    They weren't the same in SP but yeah, Timon and Pumbaa are cool.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    TLK & TLK1.5 = <3
    SP = </3

I mean that, T&P-wise.. but that's my opinion mostly anyways. xP I really like Timon and Pumbaa, but they were uncharacterized (along with almost everyone else) in SP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Haha. You are excused for explaining it again Somby. Timon and Pumbaa are cool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I like Timon and Pumbaa a lot. ...Well, except in the TV series... And although I didn't like SP (mostly because of the animation) I thought it was the best Disney sequel I've ever seen.

Here's something interesting, maybe: That beeper thing is different in German. Timon says (in German of course... : "Somebody's gotta tie a boomerang around her neck!" The producers were planning to let him say that in the English version, too, but for some reason dropped that idea and changed it into that beeper phrase...:Ooo:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I find it amusing how everyone whines about the "beeper" in SP, but there's a referance to humans in TLK too ("He'd make a very handsome throwrug..").

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ditto,
    There?s a lot of double standards going on when its comes to SP vs TLK.

I dunno about more Nuka and Vitani. They're two of my favourite characters but I really didn't like the cut scenes (the action and dialogue).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Cons:
    -Kiara
    -Kiara
    -Kiara
    -Kiara

Kaori: (growls and destroys Kiara)

COTP: (gives Kaori cat treats0

XD

Seriously, Kiara's annoying.

"OMG I TEH PRINZEZZ BUH I H8 MAH DADDIE COS HE DONT LET ME DATE TEH VISCIO....VICI....MEAN NASTY SMEXEH OUTSIDAH KOVU!!!"

God, that hurt...

Anyway.

The 'throw rug' line to me isn't so bad because, well, they'd probably hear about throw rugs somehow. Like, nearby villages or something.

I doubt African tribes would have beepers.

That picture of Zira smiling freaks me out for some reason. I'm gonna have nightmares now.

Simba was WAY OOC, and they should've gotten the original writers/directors....I mean, sheesh. TLK2 is a TRAVESTY.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Okee, what to say here ... ?? Oo

I agree Kiara is REALLY really really x 9 annoying, just like the way Simba is. I also agree Kovu changed a little too fast, but hey, as some of you said, he wasn't bad in the beginning and I do understand why he and Vitani changed so fast (since she's really smart, right?)
    I don't get it why T&P is so bad, I like them in SP so... But the beeper thing was kinda not very smart (esp. not when it was translated into swedish as "PERSON seeker", I mean, they're not humans in a person way..?) But as well as beeper and throw rug is there but no humans, we can always see Rafiki as a human xP *blabbering* I wonder if that beeper thing in African style would look something like that fur/glass-friction thing...x)
    Ziras grinning doesn't work along very well with her scream, it looks like she's losing her grip of the rock (and she was far away from Kiara so that she could save her..) and screaming in a "No help me!" way, but then she has that wacky smile, I don't know if it was a suicide or not after all. Everyone say it was so I guess it maybe was ... But if you just listen, it's not....Whatever... SP is VERY interesting and a mystical and tragical movie.
    Shouldn't movies like SP have the same writers and animators as the ones to the first movies so that they know what they're doing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Exactly! If you're going to make a sequel or prequel or an addition... make it right =/

Disney is the worst company when it comes to sequels usually. And though I've made my complaints on Simba's Pride here, I must say it most certainly could've been MUCH worse if you looka t other Disney sequels X____X

At the time of release, Simba's Pride was the best sequel since The Rescuer's Down Under (the first sequel Disney ever made)

Both sequels to The Lion king have their problems. TLK2 lacks animationa nd enough time. TLK3 lacks drama and a lion fanbase. And let's face it, both sequels lack Scar (yes he is briefly seen in both of them, but he doesn't really say or do anything important. Then again,t eh guy died before TLK2, so what ya gonna do right? x) )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    TLK3 lacks a lion fanbase? I didn't know the lion fans where in the first two O_o xP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No, I mean, a way to attract the lion fans, fanbase ere.. yeah.. that's what I mean (ie; people that like the lions x) )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    TLK1&2 lacked a way to attract the meerkat/warthog fanbase.. but whatever. =P

It really, really bugs me how people say there should be more lions in TLK3 because it's The LION King.. Star Wars isn't about stars, do people complain about that..? It doesn't make any sense. T&P get one movie to themselves, and there are two movies all about the lions, and people complain. Really...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think they were just letting their hopes too high (lion fans that is), which is why they (and I) were so anti TLK3 when it came out at first.

You should take the movie for what it is, a gag reel xP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry, I'm just overprotective of TLK3. *pets it* I'm a big fan of parodies and I'm a big fan of Timon, so I guess that's why I like it so..

I can understand it's not for everyone, it's just.. annoying.. when people unfairly criticize it. Just because Simba's not onscreen for every single frame doesn't automatically label it as "bad".. it's from T&P's POV, you know it's gonna be warped..

Still, this thread is about SP, so I'll leave it at that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Simba's Pride thread

Originally posted by Kiara Serengeti
    [B]I made a list of PRO'S and CON'S in SP

Pros:
    -Adult Kiara is cool!
    -Nuka, Vitani, Zira, and Kovu are awesome new characters.
    -Interesting storyline if you look beyond the flaws
    -I personally liked the skies better in SP
    -I liked how the prides (Outsiders and Pridelanders) united
    -I liked the opening scene as much as CoL

Cons:
    -IMO, cub Kiara is annoying as heck
    -Some of the animation is poor
    -IMO, the Simba in SP is horribly annoying
    -Nala is different
    -No explanation is given as to where the outsiders came from and why Simba hates them so much, etc.
    Pros:
    1. NA UH!
    2. True to extent there new and kick ***, however Nuka has bad case of fleas and Zira's Voice is horribly Annoying!
    3. Yes Intresting Story Line but basically LK one in a new generation with a few differences.
    4. Deffinatley!
    5. Yup another Good Opening :-)

Con's:
    1. Can be, but she's cute too!
    2. i don't think it is
    3. Simba doesn't annoy me at all
    4. :Ohno: the only thing thats' different about both Simba and Nala is their adult voices!
    4. umm... Sky? o.O
    5. The outsiders were banished by Simba due to being in Scar's Pride before he perished!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think they could make a better SP if they tried. Or if I tried. Who wants to buy an animation studio with me? j\k of course...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The one in Sydney is going to be empty soon

Would you like me to make enquiries? j/k