Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Flaws in TLK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It just bugs the crap out of me. It's an animated film that wasn't even intended to be that big of a success at all. I doubt that most of the writers and animators and directors and producers were thinking if Scar was evil or not. Or if it really was Simba's fault, or who was who's relatives (well, they did do that with Kovu and Kiara in Simba's Pride because of the whole incest thing..)

I think they saw Scar and said 'there's the villain, at Simba and said 'there's the hero', and everyone else and said 'there's a cast, let's make a movie' xP

I like thinking about it to an extent, but usually it's just annoying to hear some of the outrageous suggestions made xP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Ravoc
    The Lion King fans.
    Well, to be honest there's 2 types of fan. The ones who just enjoy the movie for what it is, like moi. And then there's the ones who are totally obsessed, they create stories and fan fics, and buy all the merchandise going, those are the ones who create those tangents like "Who was Nala's dad?" etc. So I'm just saying that we're not all the type of fans you dislike.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Very true Iestyn, I met the freaky fans x)

But I cna't talk really, I've written two and a half fan fics x) One was based on my character though so there hehe

I don't go out and buy every TLK item there is though, nor proclaim ont he streets how much I like the movie.

'Cause for me, it was a movie, a good movie, but a movie x)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Ravoc
    It just bugs the crap out of me. It's an animated film that wasn't even intended to be that big of a success at all. I doubt that most of the writers and animators and directors and producers were thinking if Scar was evil or not. Or if it really was Simba's fault, or who was who's relatives (well, they did do that with Kovu and Kiara in Simba's Pride because of the whole incest thing..)

I think they saw Scar and said 'there's the villain, at Simba and said 'there's the hero', and everyone else and said 'there's a cast, let's make a movie' xP

I like thinking about it to an extent, but usually it's just annoying to hear some of the outrageous suggestions made xP
    I'm sure the creators thought a lot about it. At least they said so in the making ofs of the DVD. And the movie wouldn't have been that magical if the characters weren't that well developed...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Iestyn
    Well, to be honest there's 2 types of fan. The ones who just enjoy the movie for what it is, like moi. And then there's the ones who are totally obsessed, they create stories and fan fics, and buy all the merchandise going, those are the ones who create those tangents like "Who was Nala's dad?" etc. So I'm just saying that we're not all the type of fans you dislike.
    I'm totally obsessed *proud* But I put fanfics and Nalas dad behind me years ago **
    We obsessed fans is big flaws, you're right ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Nala The Lion
    who does Nala bug you

stl thats a good one! I think Scar's a good villian though, Flaws in Simbas Pride - Vitani!

oh and Zira's Voice

I don't like her, she's the kind of character who was made simply for chicks to admire and respect :nukawha: Everything she does is so perfect.

She's just a Mary-sue who's tolerated by most people

Now, what do you have against 'Tani?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I always thought Kiara was far more MarySue-y then Nala..

Although now you think about it, they both kinda are...

*hates Mary-Sues with a passion* >:P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Kiara's a mary-sue, but she does have faults...

like being hyperly annoying

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ah yeah.. that is another thing... what's the deal with Nala?

In all three movies she barely makes an appearance. In TLK3 she's seen a total of once. In TLK2 she just briefly and randomly pops in a scene with her changing eyes. and even in TLK1.. she's briefly in the movie *shrugs*

How can you Nala fans like her so much? She was barely even there!

And Nala and Kiara are a lot alike. They both argue with Simba and give him the 'I'm mad no so back off 'cause i'm a feminist' look =P I think Sarabi (yes Sarabi) taught Nala that and then Nala taught Kiara x)
    *shrugs* I mean, I can understand how you'd like her a bit, but not as much as some Nala fans do. That's just me *shrugs*

Ah, and one las tnote, my biggest problem witht he original has got to be them not adding 'They Live in You', 'Shadowland', 'The Madness of King Scar', and 'Endless Night' tot he movie << Darn them!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't think she was really *meant* to be so annoying, just bubbly and "fun", and.. er, that made her annoying. Another Mary-Sue trait.

But I'm not sure why, NTL, you said Vitani and Zira were annoying, because this is a thread about things that bug you in *TLK*. Not SP... yeah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Now that I think more about it.. Nala is indeed a Mary Sue! She's a Mary Sue if there ever was one Oo!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Sombolia
    [B]I don't think she was really *meant* to be so annoying, just bubbly and "fun", and.. er, that made her annoying. Another Mary-Sue trait.
    Yeah, you're right. Little kids really go for that in a character

She does seem to have a few loose screws though :Perks:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Morning Report.

Between Simba's changed singing voice and Zazu singing... Ugh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Two more things that bug me - that little gasp/jaw-drop thing Zazu does when Simba is ascending Pride Rock at the end of the movie (honestly, what was he expecting Simba to do?), and the little smile thing Simba does right before he roars in the same scene. Dunno why that bothers me.. it just.. does.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Would luv to have seen Shadowland, Endless night and He lives in you in the movie but they wouldnt have been as special for the broadway prodution. Nala is kinda dissapointing in the 2 sequels but in TLK she rocks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My problem is the movie's hyena theme. I find it disturbing that one of Mufasa's duties was to drive the hyenas away from the verdant Pridelands and imprisoned in the geothermically volatile, vegetation-depleted Elephant Graveyard, and that the movie supported this behavior. Just as disturbing is how the hyenas are blamed for destroying the Pridelands when Scar lets them in, when a serious drought would have sufficed to explain the Pridelands' horrible state during Scar's rule. Why can't hyenas be allowed into the Circle of Life?

Yes, it's quite natural for carnivores to try to scare off any other carnivores intruding on their territories, but why should Disney endorse this savage behavior?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Sombolia
    I don't think she was really *meant* to be so annoying, just bubbly and "fun", and.. er, that made her annoying. Another Mary-Sue trait.

But I'm not sure why, NTL, you said Vitani and Zira were annoying, because this is a thread about things that bug you in *TLK*. Not SP... yeah.
    Oh i know but think about it Simba's Pride is the second part of the lion king and they are annoying

Originally posted by va-kasi
    I don't like her, she's the kind of character who was made simply for chicks to admire and respect :nukawha: Everything she does is so perfect.

She's just a Mary-sue who's tolerated by most people

Now, what do you have against 'Tani?
    I just don't like her, she ain't what you expect from a female lioness, she's just like Zira and even when she grows up she's still totally like her! Luckily she doesn't have an annoying voice like Zira though. and Nala ain't perfect she's just wise

EDIT: The Edit button is there for a reason ~Ravoc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes well, this thread isn't about Simba's Pride, it's about TLK, keep on topic please

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There's already more than enough threads complaining about SP, this is a thread about things that bug you in THE ORIGINAL ;P

So yes, let's keep on topic!

I dunno why people want EN in TLK - it's a good song, but even in the Broadway, Simba's just standing there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    They wouldn't have to keep it like that in the movie Somby. Endless Night is a very emotional song. I consider it the best way possible to explain the way that Simba is feeling too.