Thanks Thanks:  7
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your picture

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nathalie, those pictures are so cute Looks like you're having fun ^^

And Guntur, looking very handsome as always, hehe Where are you on that balcony? o.O

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Somby

I was at Port Dickson beach last month, I'm on vacation of course. which is 80 Miles from my city so it's quite a breathtaking gateway.

On the side note, My family decide travel to the south to Malacca, where I posted a picture of my childhood town.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just wanted to show off my favorite Christmas present I got this year

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Nice shirt sombolia

Sent from my NT-1710 using Tapatalk 4

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Me & Jack as Sandy Claus!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you Thiago ^^

Aww super cute Nathalie!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You both look beautiful, Lovely pictures ladies.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Gone
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

:3

Hey is anyone else having to view this forum in white / vbulletin mode when logged in?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A couple times after I started using it on my phone, my computer would put it in the white phone mode and I had to turn it off at the bottom of the page. But otherwise no, normal night sky blue theme for me

Also nice pics everyone
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

and because i can... me and my nala, and me and my simba.. XD (im an odd one. they never leave my bed and get waaayy too many cuddles XD)

Last edited by Namazzi; February 6th, 2014 at 12:06 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^ Namazzi you remind me of someone called marion who used to be on Lea years ago that Roog and I talked to alot

I thought I would post these here, as I'm sure The Producers of The Voice won't be on this site, seeing I am still in a confidentiality agreement until April and nothing allowed to be said/shown on public media etc.
    Couple of weeks ago I made it thru to the 4th round of The Voice and was flowen to Sydney for the Blind auditions in front of the judges. Didn't get chosen but got to 160 out of 6000. And got to have hugs with Joel Madden, Ricky martin, Wil.i.am and an air kiss from Kylie Minogue. I still might be shown on tv as part of the audition process, who knows. Alot of us came to the conclusion that the show is about 60% rigged with stuff that happened, a real eye opener it was. Only got these pics as we had to hand over phones, cameras and anything else, but mum snuck a couple with her camera she hid in her bag lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, that's a really great effort Safila I was wondering how things went for you, and I had always wondered about how "true" those sort of shows were. I at least hope you enjoyed the experience and got something out of it. Congrats for making it so far
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Azzy.

Well it starts off that they choose the song you have to do, even tho with some they say 'what on earth did you choose that for" or "that song didn't suit your voice"

The producers know who they want to go thru and the 'judges' have ear pieces, and we are pretty sure they have heard/seen you from your 3rd round audition tapes. We were all given numbers and you were in groups that they went thru one by one, but half way thru the day ( We had to be there at 9.30 am and I didn't get on till 10pm) when the judges spots were filling up fast, the producers bypassed our numbers and chose who they wanted to go through etc. And there was people there that were 'friends/relatives' of 'famous people' who got selected fast as well.

All the contestants had an interview alone the week before after sound check etc, and of course 2nd question in with cameras rolling, they started asking about dad, which ended up with me in tears, good tv viewing it seems. And then on the day we had to have an interview with me and mum with cameras rolling. The producer started with mum and asked a few before she stared in about dad, got to the point mum had a tear rolling down her cheek she looked at me and I did as well and the camera zoomed in for a close up, where they ended and the producer went ' raw emotion, the viewers like that'. Mum just said and 'yes that's all you're going to get' and we moved away, didn't care what they said.
    It was a great experience not sure if I want to do it again though,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Safila, Lea Halalela's Miranda Otto.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Safila View Post
    Thanks Azzy.

Well it starts off that they choose the song you have to do, even tho with some they say 'what on earth did you choose that for" or "that song didn't suit your voice"

The producers know who they want to go thru and the 'judges' have ear pieces, and we are pretty sure they have heard/seen you from your 3rd round audition tapes. We were all given numbers and you were in groups that they went thru one by one, but half way thru the day ( We had to be there at 9.30 am and I didn't get on till 10pm) when the judges spots were filling up fast, the producers bypassed our numbers and chose who they wanted to go through etc. And there was people there that were 'friends/relatives' of 'famous people' who got selected fast as well.

All the contestants had an interview alone the week before after sound check etc, and of course 2nd question in with cameras rolling, they started asking about dad, which ended up with me in tears, good tv viewing it seems. And then on the day we had to have an interview with me and mum with cameras rolling. The producer started with mum and asked a few before she stared in about dad, got to the point mum had a tear rolling down her cheek she looked at me and I did as well and the camera zoomed in for a close up, where they ended and the producer went ' raw emotion, the viewers like that'. Mum just said and 'yes that's all you're going to get' and we moved away, didn't care what they said.
    It was a great experience not sure if I want to do it again though,
    OMG, what a hoax o_O
    I guess we all know programs like these are controlled in some way, but how stupid is that, they pick the song for you, and then "on the air" they tell you why on earth you picked it? haha
    We have our own version (2 actually, because of the languages over here) and I never watch it, on occasion when zapping through channels when I'm watching something and the commercial break is on.

Where you aware they'd ask about your dad/they aware of the situation? If they were, how bloody rude of them to go that far!

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    When you entered, you had to give them a complete list of all the songs you sang, and then if you made it to the first audition, you had to choose 4 diff songs, different tempos etc. I chose my version of 'Do Ya think I'm sexy' by Rod Stewart, Valerie - Amy Winehouse, Songbird - Eva Cassidy, You Belong With Me - Taylor Swift. Had to perform half of each song in front of a panel of Voice producers, record producer and voice coaches. The Record producer got me to sing over Valerie and Songbird, and then after a discussion they chose Valerie I had to sing, and then he wanted to hear my version of the Rod Stewart song again, but stuck with Valerie.

You had to fill out this 5-6 page long questionaire and wanted to know about any family 'tragedies' and stuff. Think the 2nd audition you had to have interviews with different ones and they bought up about dad and even asked if mum had a new bf and was there anyone else living with me and mum. So we knew that it was going to be bought up with cameras on me, but you didn't know what they would ask though.

The things they asked me at my soundcheck interview was all about how I feel dad wasn't there and how we shared music stuff etc and then with mum and me some of the questions for her were like.
    - How do you feel that kaitlyn's dad isn't here to share this with you, that you're here by yourself supporting her.
    - If he was here now how proud do you think he would be of kaitlyn.
    - What do you8 think he would say if he could see Kaitlyn here now competing on this show.

Think the one that made mum start to cry followed by me was 'I know you and Kaitlyn are alone without kerry, how do you feel with him not being here with you two today?'

So yeah they get you with how they ask things, you know it's coming but still hurts.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Still, I don't feel they should ask things like that, aspecially also if your mom has someone new. It's not theirs and specially not the entire country of Australia to know :/

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well she doesn't .. and true it's none of their business, but all they are looking for is ratings and what they can ask that makes you emotional so the audience reacts and might 'vote' for you and such.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I wouldn't want to give in in something like that.

I can discuss stuff like this forever, lolz, so I'll just stop now

Moving on ... hehe.
    Picture with Mickey from about 3 weeks ago.

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Happy dance Mickey!

That is absolutely fascinating, Safila. I always figured The Voice had some sort of internal classification, I never in a million years would have thought about just how profound the order of where your performance falls during the day could effect it and being such a sly tool for that o_o Wow. So card-stacking, really wow. :P
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.