Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: TLK *Sigh* -tings

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Apparently, on Tiger Tails Radio today they played a clip of a horrible CoL cover by G4. One of my friends (who I fear I may now hate ) sent me the link. The hosts sang it too, but at least they admitted that it wasn't good... G4 on the other hand makes money by murdering it.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was playing a game called Catch Phrase w\ my family, it's a computer guessing game you pass around. One of the phrases was 'Lion King' and my sister was on my team. I had to get her to guess, so I said "It's one of my favorite movies, about a feline who rules" *blank look from sister*. "...In Africa..." "Oh...uh, The Lion King!" days my sister

Actually TLK is THE favorite movie for me, but I didn't have time to be precise.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Got a few new ones for y'all.

On "The Insider" (a cheesy tabloid show in the US) today, they had a segment on Anna Nicole Smith's funeral. They also had a bunch of segments about celebrities having/adopting babies. Well at the end of the show one of the hosts was summing it up something like (I'm paraphrasing) "We've had lots of news today, a funeral, and babies. It's the whole circle of life."

This one's not specifically TLK but it struck me as amusing. Last night I was watching Dracula with Gary Oldman and there's one part where Mina and Vlad are walking down a street in London. Of to the side there's a dude wearing a sandwich board. 1) It was an advert for the Lyceum theater (the theater in London where TLK is performed) 2) The play was Hamlet (a play that many say TLK is based - very loosely- on). I'd noticed the Lyceum bit before but not the Hamlet part. Amusing.

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    They just installed a Pumbaa ride-on (stick in 50c) at our local Neighbhor Market Walmart , which is a grocery store, owned by Walmart. I squeaked. My dad thought I was wacko. He was like...it's the warthog from TLK...soo...

IT'S A FREAKIN PUMBAA RIDEON!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    .........a Pumbaa ride-on?
    ...............cool.
    I saw a TLK karaoke CD in Toys R Us a few weeks ago...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    get a piccie of it

Few days ago, my nan told me when she was on her computer course. She had to do a exercise where she got a email with a few questions in it from a friend in the classroom.
    (all the questions where set out by the teacher).
    She had to Go On the internet to find the answers to the questions and email the answers back. ( Yes, this computer course is very easy. But was free for non- computer literate people)

anyway, the questions all had a certain subject or theme. The questions my nan had to find the answers to where all to do with the Lion King . So there she was, looking up answers from loads of lion king websites. ^^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by This land
    They where seeling them in The ?1 discount store in my town . also had timon & pumbaa, Mufasa and simba & Nala.

When Daniel came over to see me he bought the whole lot
    and i still have those under my bed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/programm...sh_males.shtml
    Go to the third and eleventh pictures! XD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I found a tin that has picutres on it from TLK and that has a wind up key on it and it plays Circle of Life, filled it with easter eggs and sent it to This Land. *_*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Safila--should've sent it to me. *pouts*

On Jeopardy! today, in the category ROCKS, one of the "Clue Crew" members was standing on the Pride Rock prop from TLKoB and gave the clue: if you know the term for a group of lions, you'll know the name for this monument from The Lion King on Broadway."

And it was guessed right the first time...not surprisingly.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Awesome. There was a whole category for TLKoB on kids Jeopardy a few years ago.

I sent out an email from work last week about the huge sleepover we have on Saturday. I put at the end "So Be Prepared. Haha." and someone wrote back "Do I spy a Lion King reference in there, Amanda?" They know me too well.

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    yesterday in the latest issue of Sports Illustrated some basketball player said that his favorite movie is TLK....yay!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was watching the Weather Channel this morning and they usually take a few minutes to show temperatures in foreign cities. Along with the temperature they show a panning shot of an area in the city they are talking about.

They showed Hamburg this morning and all I saw was "Der Konig Der Lowen." Made me laugh to myself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    One of my colleagues at work has a TLK mug. Normally it doesn't grab my attention, but when you consider that the people I work with are in their 30s and 40s and have no interests in anything other than football and page 3 girls, I found it quite amusing x)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Last friday it was the first show of 3 or so with this new TV program called "Talented Peeps Contest 2007". Its a program where peeps with weird talents can show them up and be judged, and only 6 will win and go to the final rond. Anywayz, the 7th number for the nights show was a girl with a monkey plushie. She said she was a ventriloquist and was gonna do a little number with her friend Totto (the monkey plushie). So she said there on the chair and talked with the monkey and answered and so, and played with the judgers too, which was fun XD The monkey insulted one of them that normally works with contracts for artists stuff and host the IDOL show a bit. Then the monkey was asked what he wanted to be, and he said he wanted to be king. And it all ended up with the monkey singing I just cant wait to be king, with the girl (cuz he was so shy in front of that contract guy XD) singing Zazus lines. In the end she looked a bit confused and i thought as well as her that she sang wrong line, but after thinking a bit she didnt, and she got to the final

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Safila
    I found a tin that has picutres on it from TLK and that has a wind up key on it and it plays Circle of Life, filled it with easter eggs and sent it to This Land. *_*
    indeed you did

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I was watching Law and Order this afternoon and while Brisco and Green were questioning a bodyguard on the street, a bunch of taxis with TLKoB signs on top drove by in the background. It was awesome.

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Safila
    Oh my gosh, you actually sent chocolate that far in the mail?!?! awesome. And I have two of those musical wind up tins, they've had a couple recently

Just a few little sightings to report I guess. We have a new lecturer for my biology class this term, and in the example diagram of the digestive system, she had put a picture of simba's head at the start of the digestive system to better illustrate where the head was Hehe, it made me smile.

Then in another class today, we were rewriting lyrics to a song and one guy said "yeah, no worries mate, hakuna matata."
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I found a Mufasa mask on EBay. XD

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Haleo
    I found a Mufasa mask on EBay. XD
    What's it look like? I wanna seeeee!

*Team Night Sky*