Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Canned Hunting Petition

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Heh, well I suppose the fish is better, personally though I've gotten food poisoning fromt heir fish fillet >< And one of my sisters has as well. Another sibling got sick from a Big Mac. And the rest of my family has been ill from some other type of McDonald's food. We stick with fries ^^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Ravoc
    Pntbll, the Bible itself says animals are valued the same as humans. The only difference is that God said we have the right to eat them etc. etc..
    I'm not saying you're wrong, but where does it say that? I've heard people say that the bible bans cars or hair gel, they weren't able to back up either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm not really going by the Bible whether if animals should be considered equal to humans. If it's in there, great, if not, doesn't matter. Animals are just as good as humans, just in different ways. Thus, they should be treated accordingly. Unfortunately, most of the human populations doesn't think the same and just because we use tools, we're better. Frankly, I'm getting sick of being considered a "superior" race and all animals are considered dumb because they don't do the same things we do or don't speak our language. Animals have abilities that humans can't compare to and so, must build something so to make themselves seem "better" than the animal. They have abilities that are long gone in us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    *points to his siggy* If anyone ever read my signature Bible links they could see for themselves ^^ Ecclesiastics chapter 3 verses 19-21

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm not saying animals are dumb or should be treated badly, but in all truth, if it came down to the life of a human or the life of an animal (or even a million animals), I personally would take the human in any situation without a second thought

Edit: Mathew 6:25-6:28 . I absolutely hate using "Proof phrases" from the bible, but there's two sides to that argument now at least. I'm not in the mood to get into religion though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That's your opinion, pntbll, and I respect that. My post wasn't targeted at you at all, it's just how I feel about most humans now....That didn't come out right...PX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I know, I never assume that anyone is directing something towards me when they make a broad statement, unless it really seems like they're trying to get a point across that they are trying to be offensive (Like, I don't mind that I constantly hear on this forum that hunters are murders or that so-and-so hates hunters, even though I hunt; I do, however, take it personally when someone insults something much deeper or something that's not within my control, like homosexuals/bisexuals, Americans, causcasians, etc...)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I certainly can't do hunting myself. I'm too soft for animals. I only believe in hunting when it is absolutely neccassary, as in for food and such. I also don't mind it when they use all of the animal, but not for trophies and that kind of thing. I find trophy hunting, poaching, and canned hunting to be very wrong. It's just my opinion, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I second your statement Katse, and I stand by my own stance on what Eccl. has to say about the whole thing. But I think the fact that later on it says otherwise could be refering tot he fact that we as humans were granted the right to hunt animals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I haven't been hunting this year or last, mostly because of my job taking up most of my time, but i always eat what I shoot. I'm not really into killing things, as a personal preference, I just like venicin (or however you spell it) and not many places sell it

@ Ravoc: Exactly. And the Ecc. could be taken differently also; thus proves my point that there's as many versions of the bible as there are Christians, we each take things differently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So.... men were given the right to hunt animals. Does that mean animals....weren't?P:[/silly]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Animals are given the right to hunt each other. Now that is a scripture that I do not hav eon me right now. But I'd suggest looking in Genesis, near the beginning, after original sin took place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Alrightythen, thank ye!^^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeps Glad to be of help,a nd then not be of much help later on xP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Ravoc
    That is basically my view as well Katse and Roq. I can't give meat up, I like it way too much.

And yes, most of the info I receive about animal cruelty does come from PETA. I hate PETA, I'll tell anyone that I hate them. But they're my only information source besides the news (which isn't reporting on anything concerning animals at all). I know PETA is biased beyond words as well. And the sad thing is witht heir extreme behavior they do more harm for animal and nature lovers than good. They make other people who could possibly help nature not want to based off of their stupidity. No one wants to get involved with them <<

And thus, PETA must be banished to the place that we don't speak of Seriously.. they should >>
    We could send them to the outlands lol...
    Signed

Wha!!!! Humans clever, okay i admmit we have some real clever ppl *respect to those* But what a joke, humans superior, it is most probably jelousy, if we were superior, we wouldn't have war, we wouldn't poverty we might not have, terrorists, this is crazy... I must be the dumbest one around, and that icludes presidents, who talk mostly outta the back of their Backsides... Animals dumb, they don't cause wars, they only fight for survival, we usual fight over oil. "Or communism"... But there will never be such thing as world peace i am afraid which it does hurt knowing that we are living in that kind of enviroment, were no one can feel safe anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Humans are animals. We're far from superior or perfect. If planet earth would be destroyed with a fusion bomb, ending all human existance for all eternity it wouldn't matter one bit. It'd be like throwing a pebble in an endless sea.

If you've ever read psychology you know that humans act similar to all mammals really, driven by primal instincts and our group behavior.. well.. don't get me started.

But to be on topic: IF you accept that humans have the right to hunt animals (well, I do as long as it's -out of necessity- , not for sports) because we're superior, then by logic if there was a species superior to humans, teleporting on top of skyscrapers for instance and shooting us with ray guns for fun - YOU SHOULD FIND THAT ACCEPTABLE as well.

Because it's no different. If a superior species liked to hunt us, we'd just smile and accept the occasional people getting fried by superior weapons. By implication to the rights of the superior species, as presented by some persons on the thread, this should be the situation.

Yep.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Tigris Of Gaul
    Humans are animals. We're far from superior or perfect. If planet earth would be destroyed with a fusion bomb, ending all human existance for all eternity it wouldn't matter one bit. It'd be like throwing a pebble in an endless sea.

If you've ever read psychology you know that humans act similar to all mammals really, driven by primal instincts and our group behavior.. well.. don't get me started.

But to be on topic: IF you accept that humans have the right to hunt animals (well, I do as long as it's -out of necessity- , not for sports) because we're superior, then by logic if there was a species superior to humans, teleporting on top of skyscrapers for instance and shooting us with ray guns for fun - YOU SHOULD FIND THAT ACCEPTABLE as well.

Because it's no different. If a superior species liked to hunt us, we'd just smile and accept the occasional people getting fried by superior weapons. By implication to the rights of the superior species, as presented by some persons on the thread, this should be the situation.

Yep.
    I like humans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Animals fight Hanshilo Lions and Hyenas for a great example. They fight for territory, jus tlike humans do all the time, you could call it an ongoing war inf act. Documentaries have been made and it sure seems like a war sometimes to me the way they behave toward each other

Wolves and bears can be the same way. Snakes and mongoose, different kind of fish.. there are thousands of examples o.O

We are only superior because we have the God given right to do so (for those who believe in God).

As for the alien theory, nah, like I said, we were given the right to do so, which means it's not a sin for us to kill an animal FOR FOOD.

Aliens are not mentioned in the Bible ^^ So I have no opinion on the aliens except that if they did invade it would be a war and that when in war we are all granted the right to fight for our survival xP (off topic note; funny how I just saw War of the Worlds and am talking about alien invasion xD)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Tigris Of Gaul

Yep.
    THANK YOU. And again, THANK YOU. And just for good measure, THANK YOU.

Humans are animals. It's funny how whenever I say this to somewhere, I get a blank stare and then, "NO!! We totally r0x0rs teh stoopid animels!!"

As for the alien theory, nah, like I said, we were given the right to do so, which means it's not a sin for us to kill an animal FOR FOOD.
    But if "aliens", or whatever we're calling this superior species, had the right to hunt us (even for food), then we wouldn't have the right to fight back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You missed the part where I said 'We hunt animals because it is a God given right (for those who believe in God)'