Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 'Old' Lea Nostalgia Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

'Old' Lea Nostalgia Thread

This isn't meant to lock out new members, just to laugh at the sometimes-silly things we used to do... we were all younger, after all!

What are some things you remember about the olden days of Lea that aren't around anymore?

For me: I couldn't use the username Sombolia because of an issue with my cookies, so I signed up with the name SomboliaTheLion. That, along with my friendship with STL, got me dubbed "mini-STL" by Neph for a very short period of time. xD
    I was also honourary British for vague reasons I don't remember.

For a time pretty much every one had sigs made by Lucy or KS. At one point I had a sig and avatar of the Drew Carey Show.

I am a dork.

Some mods and admins had those, well "mod/admin" bars in their sigs... Nathalie had a funny one that had Simba's shifty eyes and said "watching you" or something like that...

Oh, and a lot of people had "Team Night Sky Blue!" or "BUMMS" in their sig. I'm sure there were some other groups like that too.

Now your turn! What sticks out in your memory?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You mention some good ones. Being a Lea member since 2004 I remember those you mentioned pretty well. I also remember Sonique having that "Team Night Sky Blue" animated gif in his signature too... xP

I remember the time where the RP section would be really popular. I was part of STL's RP back then and I was very much in to it that most of my posts would be in that section (I remember having like 15,000 posts on the first Lea which really showed that ) So much that I created my own RP called "The Adolescent Years" which focused on Kovu and Kiara in their adolescent stage. It's funny because even though that was what the RP was based on, most people in there would just use their own characters, and Kovu and Kiara never got mentioned.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I remember that it's been 7 years Audra and Petteri been together since the "I love Sharifu" thread in Upendi late 2004 and early 2005.

I always remember those good old chat with Audra, Shatara, KS, Roog, and others in the YM.

Who wouldn't forgot Two kings of Random: King Sonique and King Roog the Lion.

Roog gets another title, called: The Flirtatious King: King Roog the Charming, or Roog the Casanova!
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Senior Member Wide Eyed Wanderer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I remember there being an entire royal family of Randomness...I think me, Mizani, Utora and Fendi were in there somewhere!

Also remember the parties we used to have, still have a picture of Simba staring at a lettuce drawn by Miz...something about dressing up vegetables!

The day posts in the Elephant Graveyard no longer counted towards your post count was the day I lost a lot of interest in the board...

I had a sig done by KS back then, lots of pictures of Nala. I wish I could remember what my avatar was, but I have a feeling it was just the standard 'Nala looking over the water' shot.

I think we need to start bringing back all the tags in our signatures!

I was also the Lea matchmaker, because I set up a couple of relationships...can't remember if any of them were the ones that lasted though...I had a thread for the Lea Matchmaking Service, which I was actually going to resurrect a couple of years ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Let's not forget Roog and his lionesses either. He had pretty much every female member's name in his signature.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King Simba View Post
    Let's not forget Roog and his lionesses either. He had pretty much every female member's name in his signature.
    Some tried to copy... I know I got a few of the young lionesses but nobody could get close to Roog!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wide Eyed Wanderer View Post
    I remember there being an entire royal family of Randomness...I think me, Mizani, Utora and Fendi were in there somewhere!
    we have turned from fun into an issue.

Since the royal fever doesn't end right now. We should form another Dynasty for Randomness. and we should reform the Dynasty of Randomness and Dynasty of Blue sky. Just for fun's sake.

So, who's gonna be the Duke?

Yes I'm a horrible clone of Roog's Flirtatious ways.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombolia View Post
    Some mods and admins had those, well "mod/admin" bars in their sigs... Nathalie had a funny one that had Simba's shifty eyes and said "watching you" or something like that...

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    These make for interesting reads. Of course, I might not understand it all but it sure is entertaining nonetheless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King Simba View Post
    Roog's lionesses unite! Yeah KS and Lucy were the sig queens, my sig right now is actually one that KS made me back in 2005 Remember the Lion King gameshow? that was soo awesome. I also remember logging onto Lea and since the last time I had logged in 3 hours ago there were tons of new posts and threads. I remember the Matchmaking service I actually kinda dated someone from Lea back in 2006 which didn't go so well its the main reason I was absent from the forum for so many years. I also remember that there was someone (I can't remember who who did gif requests.

Long live lea

Avatar drawn by Azerane - thank you! :3

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Oh yeah, "Who wants to be king of the Pride Lands" with Tim as host, that was just simply awesome!

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nathalie View Post
    Oh yeah, "Who wants to be king of the Pride Lands" with Tim as host, that was just simply awesome!
    Yes! I am so glad I got introduced to Lea in time to participate in one or two games. Those were an overwhelming amount of fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ah, who could forget WWTBKoTPL... I loved playing it while it was around. I never won, but it was a fun adaptation, and also a chance to chat and compete with fellow Lea members. Kudos to Tim for creating it and coming up with such a great idea.

Aka STM (Administrator ) Sadiki's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I don't know why but I cannot really add anything on this thread, even I'm one of the rare members that been around sense 2003. I was rather inactive from 2005 or 2006 onwards till I pretty much moved here so I'm sure there is ton of stuff I have missed. Even thought everything mentioned here take place pretty much in 2004 which I very well remember.

What comes to I love Sharifu thread, I had feelings for Audra even before that, but we didn't get together until May 3rd 2005. Thought for me most memorable things are outside the board with people I have had pleasure to meet over the years in person. Also the random group chats and group voice chats stick to my mind from 2004. I don't know what happened from then onwards. I guess I just got busy with other stuff, mostly because I was working a lot and trying to finish school along working and making time to visit my present wife.

But yeah none the less this place will always have a special place in my heart. And it sure is in my best interest to keep it running for a long time with everyone's support.

Lea members I have met: Fuzzy, Naline, Boos, Ruska, Tima, Talfasi, JambaB, Sharifu, Vidan, Muruwa, Taneli, Shadow, nathalie, Lucy , Amaryllis, This Land, Daniel, Lion King Stu, King Simba, Nephilim, KanuTGL, Lion_King_300, 2DieFR, Kenai, A-non-a-mus, Eva Janus, dlb138, Levin, HasiraKali, Revo, Simba The Enigma, Azerane and Xacheraus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Simbaspirit View Post
    I actually kinda dated someone from Lea back in 2006 which didn't go so well
    Oooh, do tell

I remember WWTBKOTPL! I only got to play once or twice, but it was really fun. That was great.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Oh WWTBKOTPL if only that check were real. I still have it hanging on my door.

I know it's not that old, but the Nala's Hotness thread was classic.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh, hey all, I remember you!

Good times, I'm still around...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry J, I should have message you on facebook =(
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HasiraKali View Post
    Oh WWTBKOTPL if only that check were real. I still have it hanging on my door.

I know it's not that old, but the Nala's Hotness thread was classic.
    I thought of bringing back that thread, for old time's sake...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkslash View Post
    Oh, hey all, I remember you!

Good times, I'm still around...
    Darkslash! How are you?