Quote Originally Posted by Lion King Stu View Post
I would have to strongly disagree with you Fendi, the way I see it from a military perspective I can probably say that this will only move things a little quicker in the next few weeks, not slow it down. I also believe it might make things a little more harder for people in military like me, seeing as we still have lots of troops out in Afghanistan.
I personally think we should all be watching out the next few coming weeks, they will try something. I think the scenes of celebration in the US will only sort of fuel the flames a little.

I think I can also say that for the last few years Bin Laden has been just a figure head of the organistation who hasn't had much of a say of a lot of the recent terrorist acts run by Al Qaeda, cells who have come up with the operations and have only got the thumbs up. The organisation is bigger than one man, killing one person isn't going to solve a great deal in this war on terror, but justice is at least done.

Personally I am one of many who would rather of seen him brought to trial rather than being shot in the head and promptely disposed, would of been nice to see him squirm. On a lighter note, glad the bugger is dead.
I deeply agree with your views on a military perspective. They've just lost a leader even though he's not a part of the chain-in-command anymore! about your opinion on their hostility response? you're quite right on it. They may move a little faster on this few month but I doubt it will successful like on London or 9/11. I'm sure they will re-act either using propaganda or do some hostility move against Pakistan and the Middle East.

Yeah, tighten the security should halt their activity against the Superpower country like United Kingdom and United States. But they will work a lot harder than the military since the morale are extremely down after the successful attempt against Al-Qaeda.

Quote Originally Posted by Wide Eyed Wanderer View Post
I still have doubts about just how responsible he was for 9/11 but he is undoubtedly a despicable human who has been responsible for many deaths over the years; so this is a victory.

Many saying that if he had been captured alive it would have led to a lot more trouble as people tried to bargain for his release by blackmail and kidnapping. I don't really think we're going to see any major attacks. It could lead to a bit more trouble for the troops but to be honest I don't think the event will win Osama any more supporters, so it will still be the same people fighting the troops.

Don't forget that he caused a lot of grief in his 'home' countries as well, so I'm sure quite a lot of people over there are quietly relieved today.
I'm sure Bin Laden family are both devastated and okay with the outcome with the situation. They don't want him to shatter their family and company image.