Quote Originally Posted by Utora View Post
If this get's Obama re-elected I'm permanently residing in Russia. Bush started this, Obama never even wanted our troops over there. I'll be damned if this gets him in office again. As glad as I am Osama is dead, I am not excited as I guess one should be. I'd prefer to wait and see how it unfolds.
I really don't think this will play too much a role in his re-election. As monumental as it may seem, the truth of the matter is that Bin Laden's death will have little effect on this country. This is very much a bread and circus situation, it does not fix our debt, it does not lower inflation or the price of food, it doesn't pay our debt or reduce our deficit, it doesn't make us more competitive with China, it doesn't make healthcare in the US better and it doesn't even make the US much safer. There are still terrorist who intend to harm us and we're still in three wars. Obama's approval will have a hard time rising when people are paying thrice what they used to pay for gas 8 months ago. The average American is displeased with the direction of the country, and this does nothing to change that.

As for Osama Bin Laden, I'm not one to celebrate anyone's death. We will all be judged for what we do, both good and bad, so I'll leave that to the proper authority.