Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Lion King in 3D

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    They should re-release Rhythm of the Pride Lands, The original soundtrack and The Lion King score as a "trilogy" box set. And All TLKoB cast album.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I saw Cars 2 in 3D which was pretty good but they didn't show any lion king previews or the CoL in 3D...

Avatar drawn by Azerane - thank you! :3

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Maybe it's only certain chains? I've noticed that AMC and Regal show completely different things than Santikos or Cinemark. My friend saw Cars 2 last night and texted me right after the TLK preview asking if it was going to be in 2D as well. She wants to know how to make 2D glasses now

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, I saw Cars 2 tonight (not in 3D) and TLK trailer was there!!! Excitement! Was so pleased to have seen it. I can't wait!
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Was this the same trailer than on the BD from "Beauty and the Beast" or "The Princess and the Frog"?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What was the TLK trailer that you guys saw? Sooo jealous.. I can't wait to see it! it's probably because I'm in Canada -.-

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'll probably see Cars 2 next week. I hope our cinema will play TLK trailer in 3D. I'm almost more excited to see that trailer in 3D then see Cars 2. (But that's probably because Cars was one of my least favorite Pixar films)
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I've the trailer ripped from the BD, but I don't want to upload it for public, due to copyright issues and that sort of things, but you can write me a PM, than I see what I can do. ^^

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    They didn't show the trailer at Cars 2 today, but they did show a little feature before the previews. The little program is called "Play" and it basically shows previews and behind the scenes things of upcoming releases. For TLK, they showed a trailer featuring Hakuna Matata. One of the taglines was "With more Hakuna and a whole lotta Matata" Um... I do not want a whole lotta Matata.

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The trailer that I saw was essentially this one, but they cut bits out of it so it was shorter http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCKCSBpfL0M
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    We saw Car 2 today in 3D and we saw TLK 3D trailer! Right when it started I yelled "Yay!" and then Petteri laughed. I was quite impressed with the 3D... I saw depth in Mufasa's face, I was surprised, I didn't think the 3D would affect the characters, just give some depth between the characters and the background. It was like that of course. But seeing depth in the characters themselves was really neat for "flat" drawings.

By the way, I liked Cars 2 more then the original.
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Do any of you guys know if it will be shown in IMAX theaters as well?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I don't think so... Haven't heard it will be.

Anyone gone to the official TLK website? http://disney.go.com/lionking/

Last night on that website, Petteri and I were playing that silly flash game, Timon and Pumbaa's Grub Ridin', it was making us laugh at times.
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    The way they're listing the bonus features has me wondering if Morning Report isn't actually going to be the default choice when you view the film... I would be so very happy if that was the case, but I'm not sure if I could really see that happening. Hmm.

I wonder why the DVD-only release has a different artwork as well. That seems a little random? Maybe it's to make sure people don't confuse the DVD only with the DVD/BluRay?

The "Grub Ridin'" game is kind of entertaining

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KanuTGL View Post
    The way they're listing the bonus features has me wondering if Morning Report isn't actually going to be the default choice when you view the film... I would be so very happy if that was the case, but I'm not sure if I could really see that happening. Hmm.
    Yes! YES! Someone's speaking my language, as that is precisely something that I was thinking while I was browsing this thread. You know, I'm really all in for the 3 and the D, it's sort of a new uncharted terrain for where I have not yet wandered, so I have hopes that it's a good experience!

BUT.
    Ever since TLK DVD, I've been a little annoyed with not only the morning report (which is fortunately optional), but also with a whole bunch of other little changes that sort of feel like a pea under the matress, an itch that you cannot reach, that sort of thing.. examples include: Scars turning head, New crocodiles (the old ones were scary, lolz?), slight colour scheme changes here and there..

I don't know, maybe I'm paying a bit too much attention and I admit it's not a major issue, but it's still a source for small irritation for me... And knowing 'old TLK' won't be the source for the 3D is somehow a bit unfortunate. That doesn't get me angry, of course..

.. unlike cyclists who drive with the gear set too low! WHAT THE HECK.. It makes me so FURIOUS that I could...! --.. and wait..

.. other cyclists who have their seat set up too high! When I see one driving past me on the road, I could explode out of rage the same way Agent Smith explodes in The Matrix! GAARGH! That's how it's always been to me..

.. and then my mom got scared, and said, 'You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air!

(I was serious up the irritation part)

Eh. I should probably be away..
    Random wise quote of the moment: "Four legged chicks are nothing but trouble" --Johnny Bravo
    Avatar by the awesomenus maximus Saitenyo - full picture here

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The Sudoku

EDIT: Y'all need to go to Games and Activities -> Printables -> Posters and check out the "Rifiki" poster.

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Talfasi View Post
    : And knowing 'old TLK' won't be the source for the 3D is somehow a bit unfortunate.:
    Wait what? It won't? Then what are they doing?

Aka STM (Administrator ) Sadiki's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HasiraKali
    "Rifiki" poster.
    Disney, how can you do a mistake like that... Take this Disney

Also if you check Games & Activities > Printable > More Printable Fun > and choose activity games, you can see that they made the scramble impossible to solve...

Lea members I have met: Fuzzy, Naline, Boos, Ruska, Tima, Talfasi, JambaB, Sharifu, Vidan, Muruwa, Taneli, Shadow, nathalie, Lucy , Amaryllis, This Land, Daniel, Lion King Stu, King Simba, Nephilim, KanuTGL, Lion_King_300, 2DieFR, Kenai, A-non-a-mus, Eva Janus, dlb138, Levin, HasiraKali, Revo, Simba The Enigma, Azerane and Xacheraus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Talfasi View Post
    Yes! YES! Someone's speaking my language, as that is precisely something that I was thinking while I was browsing this thread. You know, I'm really all in for the 3 and the D, it's sort of a new uncharted terrain for where I have not yet wandered, so I have hopes that it's a good experience!

BUT.
    Ever since TLK DVD, I've been a little annoyed with not only the morning report (which is fortunately optional), but also with a whole bunch of other little changes that sort of feel like a pea under the matress, an itch that you cannot reach, that sort of thing.. examples include: Scars turning head, New crocodiles (the old ones were scary, lolz?), slight colour scheme changes here and there..

I don't know, maybe I'm paying a bit too much attention and I admit it's not a major issue, but it's still a source for small irritation for me... And knowing 'old TLK' won't be the source for the 3D is somehow a bit unfortunate. That doesn't get me angry, of course..

.. unlike cyclists who drive with the gear set too low! WHAT THE HECK.. It makes me so FURIOUS that I could...! --.. and wait..

.. other cyclists who have their seat set up too high! When I see one driving past me on the road, I could explode out of rage the same way Agent Smith explodes in The Matrix! GAARGH! That's how it's always been to me..

.. and then my mom got scared, and said, 'You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air!

(I was serious up the irritation part)

Eh. I should probably be away..
    Talfus Anttimus, I'm not sure if I already mentioned this to you but i'm sure you've also noticed the newer "infant" Simba as Rafiki holds him up and the camera pans out during the presentation? Simba HAS A LONG TAIL. Omgz..this will not be tolerated..

I think they added this in the DVD version because they needed more contrast/detail or such in order to blow the movie up in such high quality big screens such as IMAX. I really wish I had gotten to see it in theaters then; I heard the stampede scene was exhilarating..with surround sound speakers n' all.

Did you also notice that in the Morning Report, Simba HAS NO WHISKERS. Grr! At that point I was about to reconsider my status as a long time TLK fan. How can Disney do dish?! I really wish they'd take some more consideration into trying to imitate the extreme pawsomeness that Disney animation once was. In this case, it's all or nothing I suppose; why cheese something up when it's already perfect in the first place?

OH, and another thing about whiskers..as you're probably starting to begin that I have some sort of fetish for the thingies..Has anyone seen the new/old Blue Ray DVD cover picture for TLK? In case you haven't noticed-Nala has whiskers. *Shivers* Unless she had some sort of sex change, in case you haven't noticed Disney animators, lionesses in TLK dun't haff whiskerz! If I were Nala i'd be already tapping my foot, crossing my arms, getting on the phone and exclaiming, "Where is my lawyer?!"

This makes me giggle-here's the before and after picture. I'm glad Disney decided to make these necessary corrections before one of us maniacal TLK fanatics swallowed them whole:

http://buzzbo.com/cle/files/2011/01/disney-blue-ray.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7u8vXJ4VXl...3D+Blu-Ray.jpg

On a more randomish note; am I the only one who used to be afraid of the loud SFX audio/logo that used to be played/shown before every movie that apparently had their enhanced sound effects?
    It used to freak me out when I was little. The TV was all: "..rreeEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRR!"
    And I was all: D:
    *hides under sofa*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ooh, and also-Did any of you guys happen to notice that in the new Blue Ray TLK viddies, everything that used to be really blue in the film, is now really green-ish? Is it possible that green-ish colors give the 3D effects more effectiveness? LUL. Anyone also remember how the older 3D movies used to always have a red and blue highlight to them? Take JAWS 3D for example..it's pretty neato!