Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Lea's "Let's Get Healthy!" Accountability Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I am also glad this thread is still here! I need this accountability. e_e Even though Lea was down I kept thinking, "okay...yes you want that ice cream, but remember! You have to report it if you eat it!" So that has helped. Also, I am glad it's up because I did not want to have to re-write that first post all over again. xD *copies and saves it for future use if needed*

I actually have been doing really, really good--but the frustrating part is it's not showing yet as far as my weight. :/ I know it would go faster if I just exercised along with my eating habits change but, as I've said before, I don't have a lot of time and it bores me to death to work out for the sake of working out. If only I lived somewhere that wasn't super flat and dead-looking so I could go for a hike...oh well. Colorado one day, maybe.

But yeah, as for food I was actually really proud of myself the past three weeks--haven't had any artificial sugar! Still working on drinking more water, but there is definitely a conscious effort involved. In fact, the only time I have been "bad" was yesterday and today as I flew up to Virginia to visit an old friend and we ended up making jello shots. xD And then on the flight back I had to get up REALLY early so I just ate whatever the airlines gave me which was peanut butter m & m's, some very sweet biscotti, and some pretzels. I don't even like pretzels, bleh. I was just soooo hungry. So that's my confession I suppose.

The great thing though I've been noticing is that now that I've passed the three-week mark with no unnatural sugars, my craving for sweets/chocolates/baked goods has been essentially ZERO. Which makes it so easy. I had an inclination to go raid my parents' fridge just now for ice cream, but that was purely out of years of habit, not a craving, so it was really simple to say no to myself.

As far as getting that sweet-tooth fix goes, Azerane, what works for me is V8 fusion (which is 100% real fruit juice, no addatives) and/or yogurt with honey and granola. But if you are not particular about whether or not what you eat is artificial sugar, there are lots of sugar-free jellos, puddings, and other things out there that I used to rely on for those weaker moments of need. One of my favorites is actually this chocolate milkshake recipe using sugar-free chocolate pudding. If you have an ice cream maker I also have turned that recipie into some GREAT soft-serve by just putting it in there or combining the sugar free chocolate pudding with some plain yogurt and a bit of honey. Delicious!!! I know it's hard to do the no sweets thing, but I know you can do it if you keep at it! Besides, even attempting to break a habit like that is hard, trust me I know. x___x

Here is also a low-calorie sweet snack list that I liked, maybe you will too.

And yaaaay Nathalie for working a walk into your schedule! Even though it's not that far, it still counts for something. Also good on ya for trying to cook more and make sandwiches and stuff. I am happy for you!

TLKFAA DeviantArt Tumblr Twitter Instagram Facebook

“Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself.
    And no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dream." ~Paulo Coelho

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasei View Post
    And yaaaay Nathalie for working a walk into your schedule! Even though it's not that far, it still counts for something. Also good on ya for trying to cook more and make sandwiches and stuff. I am happy for you!
    Don't know where you got that from, but I think you mis-read

I only pointed out, that it's impossible to get 10.000 steps a day, unless you do a job in the evening or something.
    I didn't say I'm doing that

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    As far as getting that sweet-tooth fix goes, Azerane,
    *Kanu

what works for me is V8 fusion (which is 100% real fruit juice, no addatives) and/or yogurt with honey and granola. But if you are not particular about whether or not what you eat is artificial sugar, there are lots of sugar-free jellos, puddings, and other things out there that I used to rely on for those weaker moments of need. One of my favorites is actually this chocolate milkshake recipe using sugar-free chocolate pudding. If you have an ice cream maker I also have turned that recipie into some GREAT soft-serve by just putting it in there or combining the sugar free chocolate pudding with some plain yogurt and a bit of honey. Delicious!!! I know it's hard to do the no sweets thing, but I know you can do it if you keep at it! Besides, even attempting to break a habit like that is hard, trust me I know. x___x

Here is also a low-calorie sweet snack list that I liked, maybe you will too.
    Many thanks for the tips! I'll definitely look into that and see what I can make. Also yoghurt is a good idea! I never thought of that as a "snack" since I associate it so strongly with breakfast, haha

Today I got some popcorn to nibble on, as I've heard from my health-guru grandmother that they are actually really good for you, so I'm happy to follow her advice on that, haha

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!