I watched BB recently with a friend and I cried a little. ^^' I almost forgot how much I love this movie.

I love brother bear, but I love TLK more. I always think brother bear is a little 'brother' for TLK since they use traditional animation and there are some resemble between two movies, both tender and bitter moment.
We think alike! I guess some people in Disney wanted to make another movie like The Lion King, but NOT another Lion King. I see Brother Bear as spiritual successor to TLK - these movies share some parts, you can easily spot some scenes inspired by The Lion King... but in a good way. In a way that makes me feel sentimental.

It's really sad for me that Brother Bear is underrated; almost... forgotten? There is no active BB fanbase, no merchandise, no people on social media talking "Remember Brother Bear?" over and over again like they do with The Lion King.

Oh, by the way - some time ago I even commissioned a picture of my fursona transformed into a bear. Here's the outcome: http://fav.me/d8am7lr ^^