Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: The Accomplishment Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Accomplishment Thread

Is there anything you've accomplished lately? Whether it's a short or long term goal, or just something you're really proud of doing, share it here.

I've recently bought myself a new sketch book, and I've already been working on a drawing in there. I'm proud of myself for doing that as I haven't felt motivated to draw something from scratch in ages. The only works I've done recently have been colouring other people's line art to try and get me back into the rhythm of drawing again. As for this new drawing though, I'm trying out my Graphic Soft pencils once again. It makes a change from doing digital art.

So yay! I'm happy with myself for that. ^^

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Good for you, KS! I used to draw when I was a lot younger. I sometimes wish I'd taken art at A Level (I didn't at the time, because I hated the guy who would've been teaching it) because I've barely drawn anything since.

As for me, I haven't really accomplished anything. But I think my girlfriend and I have planned when we're seeing each other for the rest of the year. That's something, I suppose As well as the fact I caught myself a cold, lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Let's see... I've started doing a tiny bit of art again. Not much, but a few sketches here and there. What I really want to do is pick up my colour pencils again and do some traditional stuff, but I just haven't done it yet, don't know why.

Otherwise, at the moment, there's not much else I've accomplished. Bit of a downer really
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Today I finished studying through the meaning and writing of all the 2200 Japanese general-use kanji characters. Thank. God. I decided to start my Japanese studies the hard way, because I knew that otherwise that huge shadow of over 2000 unfamiliar kanji characters would loom over me constantly. It took me several months but I finally made it .. So now that I'm done figuring out the meaning and writing of them, I am free to move on to actual grammar and vocabulary. Along the line I'll pick up pronounciations of said kanji aswell, but that's a whole other long-term project there. And there are obviously thousands more kanji, but with these I should be covered atleast 95% of the time. I'm just glad I got this part over and done with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Revo View Post
    Today I finished studying through the meaning and writing of all the 2200 Japanese general-use kanji characters. .....
    Wow, congrats!

My accomplishment for last few months .. hmm, I think the biggest one is fact I succeed in interview for second largest internet portal in Czech republic as an programmer. So I got good job for nice money and possibility professionally grove up. It is also good for my prof. bio.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Congrats Revo.

During my trip to Mexico, I've accomplished a fair few things that I've always wanted to do. The other day I got to at least touch a dolphin, which has always been something I've dreamt of doing. I also got to parascend, which was very fun and enabled me to see some nice views of Puerto Vallarta! Among other things, I got to hold an iguana, as well as ride on a banana boat and managing to fall off into the water during the process. That was all Leor's fault.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Last week I made it through my first full week of work @_@ my job is somewhat strenuous lol
    [SIGPIC]http://i55.tinypic.com/2jags50.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Aka STM (Administrator ) Sadiki's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Revo View Post
    Today I finished studying through the meaning and writing of all the 2200 Japanese general-use kanji characters. Thank. God. I decided to start my Japanese studies the hard way, because I knew that otherwise that huge shadow of over 2000 unfamiliar kanji characters would loom over me constantly. It took me several months but I finally made it .. So now that I'm done figuring out the meaning and writing of them, I am free to move on to actual grammar and vocabulary. Along the line I'll pick up pronounciations of said kanji aswell, but that's a whole other long-term project there. And there are obviously thousands more kanji, but with these I should be covered atleast 95% of the time. I'm just glad I got this part over and done with.
    Wow that takes quite a bit of patience, thought I hear that is the hardest part on studding Japanese. Good luck on learning the grammar and all that

Quote Originally Posted by shadowland View Post
    Last week I made it through my first full week of work @_@ my job is somewhat strenuous lol
    I know how that is, when I started delivering newspapers I didn't have my first day off until 11days after starting... Btw, where do you work?

Lea members I have met: Fuzzy, Naline, Boos, Ruska, Tima, Talfasi, JambaB, Sharifu, Vidan, Muruwa, Taneli, Shadow, nathalie, Lucy , Amaryllis, This Land, Daniel, Lion King Stu, King Simba, Nephilim, KanuTGL, Lion_King_300, 2DieFR, Kenai, A-non-a-mus, Eva Janus, dlb138, Levin, HasiraKali, Revo, Simba The Enigma, Azerane and Xacheraus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadiki View Post
    Wow that takes quite a bit of patience, thought I hear that is the hardest part on studding Japanese. Good luck on learning the grammar and all that

I know how that is, when I started delivering newspapers I didn't have my first day off until 11days after starting... Btw, where do you work?
    At a Procter & Gamble factory just outside my town. The pay is minimum wage and its hard work but its better than sitting around being unemployed

Aka STM (Administrator ) Sadiki's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowland View Post
    At a Procter & Gamble factory just outside my town. The pay is minimum wage and its hard work but its better than sitting around being unemployed
    You gotta start from somewhere right? And I can't really say any job is worse than the other. Every job needs someone to do it. And minimum wage is usually what you get from first job.

I'm still looking for a job... I find it rather difficult to find a job as many jobs seem to require either citizenship or at least a green card and I only have authorization to work atm...

Lea members I have met: Fuzzy, Naline, Boos, Ruska, Tima, Talfasi, JambaB, Sharifu, Vidan, Muruwa, Taneli, Shadow, nathalie, Lucy , Amaryllis, This Land, Daniel, Lion King Stu, King Simba, Nephilim, KanuTGL, Lion_King_300, 2DieFR, Kenai, A-non-a-mus, Eva Janus, dlb138, Levin, HasiraKali, Revo, Simba The Enigma, Azerane and Xacheraus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadiki View Post
    You gotta start from somewhere right? And I can't really say any job is worse than the other. Every job needs someone to do it. And minimum wage is usually what you get from first job.

I'm still looking for a job... I find it rather difficult to find a job as many jobs seem to require either citizenship or at least a green card and I only have authorization to work atm...
    True that I'm trying to get authorized to operate the forklift trucks, as I already have my license but no experience..the pay for them is good too. And D: where do you live?