Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TLK Blu-Ray Release

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That boxset looks amazing, well at least the contents does, I've not really looked at the art. i really hope that that is a region free release, because we're almost certainly not going to get anything that cool in this country. I've had a quick look and it's a bit random as to which Disney releases are region free, so fingers crossed.

I've been putting off watching TLK until the blu-ray came out, when it saw it for the first time when the DVD came out way back when I'd not seen the film since it was on at the cinema and was like watching it for the first time again, so I'm hoping having not seen it for a few years it'll be like new again.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The region codes are really annoying. I've the same problem here with discs from United States. Therefore you should look for some BD Players, where you can unlock, or change the region codes. For instance, there are some Sony models capable of unlocking all region codes with just a few clicks on your remote controller.

Did you see the new "official" poster? http://s-tlk.org/news/tlk-new-poster.jpg
    It's not that bad, when they remove the title over Simba's head and add the old one, it could be a nice poster, not perfect of course, but acceptable. ;-)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    About the region codes: Here in brazil, all dvds from disney ( 1 and 4) , and some from other companies are multi encoded, so you can import from here with no worries. some dvds from US are also encoded for region 1 and 4.

Anyway, we´re talking about bluray, blu ray doesn´t have the old color systems (like pal and ntsc) and also the region encoding are very less restrictive than before, some releases here from disney, even the cover stating it are only region "A", when you put in the player says it are "A","B" and "C"

Well, as now i live in the same bd region of United States, i will get the 8 disc set, Hopping it came with brazilian audio/subs as some old american releases had.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Another question would be, if there are extra's on it, can someone back-up a Blu-Ray?
    Would be cool if the ones who don't have a Blu-Ray player could watch the extra's too.

^^

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    yep, it is possible, I alread backuped some bd-s, it´s harder than dvd but it is possible.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I've just check my the Beauty and the Beast BD and this is region free. The implementation of the regional code is different from the DVD, so many companies got rid of it at all.

Just hypothetical (:-P), ripping, an even AACS protected BD, is much easer than a DVD, at least since some master key was detected by the doom9 group. So, assuming you have the right program, most of the BD can be ripped easily. But at same point they have added some enhancement to the encryption system. But most of the smaller companies don't even use AACS anymore, because its totally useless against piracy and additional the companies can save a huge among of money for the licence. But I don't suppose Disney will go this way.

Back to the topic, I hope that they will add all the Bonus material from the DVD and the LD deluxe edition and perhaps some additional information about the conversion to HD. I've recorded all of the LD stuff and the quality is okay for watching it, but I'll be happier when Disney do this for me, although I don't think they will spend much time to make some high quality scaling of the bonus material for the BD release, but still this will be better than what I've done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm really curious as to the bonus features that will be on this release - they had an incredible amount on the DVD and it seems like there might not be much left

Avatar drawn by Azerane - thank you! :3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i dont know why they dont go with original cover art just a higher quality photo, not saying the original was low quality, but this one is blu ray :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
    i dont know why they dont go with original cover art just a higher quality photo, not saying the original was low quality, but this one is blu ray :P

I can't really think of one TLK cover I've liked.. The VHS one was the worst

http://cdn1.iofferphoto.com/img/item...7/783/tg08.jpg

Simba is already half the size of Mufasa, and both Mufasa and Sarabi look kinda messed up.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    The extras of the 2D bd were revealed, but still don´t is kne if the 3d disc will have more extras

•Pride of the Lion King
    •The Lion King: A Memoir ? Don Hahn
    •Bloopers and Outtakes
    •Deleted and Alternate Scenes and Song
    •The Morning Report (Extended Scene)
    •Disney Sing Along Mode
    •Interactive Blu-ray Gallery
    •Disney’s Virtual Vault — DVD Legacy Bonus

To me i really expected more than that... let´s hope for more material in the 3d disc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Aw man.. That's really not much. Most of that was already on the DVD release.. But at least the old DVD had way more.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Ugh that ugly *** cover is being used on the official site for TLKoB.

There's also a DVD version that's quite lovely in comparison.

I think I shall definitely do the 8-disc trilogy... just to avoid looking at that ugly cover...

Edit: I can't say a$$? Really? What if I'm talking about a donkey?

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm hoping that the disney store comes out with more TLK merchandise for the release.. but I'll be moved away by then, no where near a Disney Store . But my sister already told her she'd go and take pictures of everything and tell me the price and I'll be able to send her the money and she'll get them for me . I'm also wondering if the Disney store will do what they usually do and offer free prints if you pre-order it. I'm gonna get mine online when its cheaper, but I'll get my family to order their copy through the Disney store and give me the prints

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HasiraKali View Post
    Edit: I can't say a$$? Really? What if I'm talking about a donkey?
    It's bad for the teacher to swear in front of the children.

Quote Originally Posted by Simbaspirit View Post
    I'm hoping that the disney store comes out with more TLK merchandise for the release.. but I'll be moved away by then, no where near a Disney Store .
    That would be awesome if there was. I think Disney need to compensate us all with at least something after deciding on that horrible cover art.

Too bad there aren't many special features on the DVD though. I was hoping there would be more too...

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    well, while the bd isnot released, let´s delight ourselves with some hd pictures from the film

I just can´t wait to have this bd in my collection...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    so beautiful..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, the picture quality is so sharp! It almost looks as though I'm seeing a different movie.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Damn, whats with all the sharpness? Hurr I can do that too *ramps up the sharpness in Window Movie Maker*

Seriously, looking forward to this..my brother gave us his old PS3 too, so I don't need to blow cash on a blu-ray drive for my PC wouldn't work with linux anway..feh

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Wow, it looks so beautiful <3 Thanks for these screens, Thiago!

Also, tip for Firefox users (I don't know how it works with other browsers), right-click and select "View image" to get the full 1920x1080px resolution

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowland View Post
    Seriously, looking forward to this..my brother gave us his old PS3 too, so I don't need to blow cash on a blu-ray drive for my PC wouldn't work with linux anway..feh
    Why not? I'm using a unix based operating system as well and with libbluray its working perfectly fine. ;-)

The trailer is, as mentioned before, really awesome. I think they did a good job when they ported the movie, at least if the same quality arrives on the BD. The pictures are even sharper in the video, on the one hand with moving images you can't look at all the details and the jpeg compression doesn't screwed it up. I made two screenshots for my news site. They also making nice wallpapers. CoL and Hakuna :-)