Quote Originally Posted by saitenyo View Post
My stance on it is basically, "This is what makes the most sense to me, but I cannot come to a definitive conclusion without more evidence," so as far as morality goes, I guess I follow the same principle. I do not know if there is a true "right" or "wrong" so the best I can do is use the available evidence to come to the best conclusions I can about it. In my case: trying to discern right or wrong based on how others are affected by specific actions.
But by admitting that moral questions can infact be evaluated with evidence and reason, are you not also submitting that there are right and wrong answers to moral questions?

To any particular moral problem there is a finite amount of answers, and thus a finite number of results. All of these results fall into one of three categories in the long term:
1) The net well-being has increased (Or in your words: The overall effect has been positive)
2) The net well-being has decreased (The overall effect has been negative)
3) The net well-being has not changed (The overall effect has been insignificant)

Even if we aren't capable of foreseeing the full consequences of our choices, the truth is that some choices will be better than others. Would you agree?