Thanks Thanks:  11

Thread: The Love Life Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Ah, love life. The sentiment that "lovers come and go, but friends remain" is, I think, one of the biggest lies I've been told. Every time a friend of mine finds love, I lose them

Most recently, my previously-single best friend and I swore that if we find partners we'd never become one of those "boring couples" that just isolate themselves and "forget" to hang out with their friends. Buut - she found a partner and has now herself become part of a "boring" couple of exactly the variety we've talked about. I barely see or hear from her now, whereas before we'd see each other frequently and talk often. I know that's what can happen, but I can't help but feel slightly abandoned since we've really talked about it and said that neither of us would do that :C Point being, I don't think it should be that difficult to maintain both friendships and a relationship - or is it?
    Last edited by KanuTGL; December 11th, 2017 at 10:06 PM.

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KanuTGL View Post
    Ah, love life. The sentiment that "lovers come and go, but friends remain" is, I think, one of the biggest lies I've been told. Every time a friend of mine finds love, I lose them

Most recently, my previously-single best friend and I swore that if we find partners we'd never become one of those "boring couples" that just isolate themselves and "forget" to hang out with their friends. Buut - she found a partner and has now herself become part of a "boring" couple of exactly the variety we've talked about. I barely see or hear from her now, whereas before we'd see each other frequently and talk often. I know that's what can happen, but I can't help but feel slightly abandoned since we've really talked about it and said that neither of us would do that :C Point being, I don't think it should be that difficult to maintain both friendships and a relationship - or is it?
    You're totally right. That does tend to happen. I think I've only ever had one friend who still keeps in contact with me regularly even after he got married. There was a period where he sort of disappeard for a while when he was first dating his then girlfriend but he came back around.

I feel kinda hypocritical because I hate that it happens to me but if I ever find someone special, I'm TOTALLY going to disappear on my friends for a while whether I put effort into keeping in contact with them or not. It's not that I'm going to TRY to stay away from my friends or something, I just know myself well enough that I know it's going to happen. I just hope I can remember to message them at least to aknowlege that it's happening and that it doesn't mean I care about them any less.