Thanks Thanks:  24

Thread: The Lion Guard (2015)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirauni View Post
    That whole issue of leopards and the pride lands quite bugged me. I don't understand why they can't live in the Pride Lands at all and it appeared that this was "common sense" in the episode. I mean, just look at Zazu's Morning Report. Or at least in the German version... There even Zazu mentioned Leopards. So they can't all be that bad, can they?
    Yeah, it seems that the writers forgot about those leopards who "were in a bit of a spot" but for the fun of theorizing I actually had an extensive talk with Lyonize and ABB about this once, and we came to a conclussion:

There used to be some leopards in the Pridelands during Mufasa's reign, but they became loyal to Scar, just like the Outlander lionesses, and so they were banished as well. Evidence of this can be found in the TLK SNES/Genesis game, where there are leopard enemies fighting along with the hyenas.
    Attachment 897

Wether you consider the game canonical or not it's up to you, but hey, at least the show made it a possibility by having a lava river in the Outlands, just like in the game

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Ooh, the new episode will air on Friday? And I just checked The Lion Guard's Wikipedia page, it says "Janja's New Crew" will air on Sunday. August 7? Really? That would be cool, but the air dates seem to keep changing, so we'll see.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art