Thanks Thanks:  2

Thread: New Member

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Lol, yeah, I think the majority of us here are 94ers, the Lea demographic skews a little older. Welcome aboard!
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cleargreenwater View Post
    I think the majority of us here are 94ers, the Lea demographic skews a little older
    Now that I think about it, I would have been a bit older than the target demographic even then -- maybe that's why I never saw it in the theater?

Call me a '95er then, because I did end up seeing it on VHS, at school, of all places. No VHS player at home growing up, so that was literally the only time I saw it. I was in 8th grade, and we were paired up with 2nd graders as "buddies" to work on art projects or some such (it was a K-8 school). They put on The Lion King one day while we were doing an activity and I think I just ignored what ever else was going on because it was really good. Before seeing the movie, I must have already heard the Elton John versions of "Circle of Life" or "Can You Feel The Love Tonight" 100 times or more on the radio. Flash forward to 2003 when it was released on DVD, that was my "true awakening".

In any case, not to go off on a tangent too much, I agree with Nathalie and others in saying it's good to have more 30-somethings around to reminisce with!