it rules?

fyi...it costs the same to produce a HD-DVD as a Blu-Ray disk

the only difference in price between blu-ray and hd-dvd is the stand alone systems. The cheapest HD-DVD player on the market is $149.99 and from what I have heard, it has been discontinued. The cheapest blu-ray player is still around $289. So yes up front you will spend more for blu-ray but in the long run it will cost the same but with blu-ray you are getting 4 times the storage capacity. Plus Blu-Ray has a much more versatile laser, the way it reads a disk is completely different from any other player as in it can read even a warped disk if you wanted vs a HD-DVD would not even register in the player and would come up with an error. All Blu-Ray disks are scratch and finger proof, a bunch of hd-dvd fanboys cry saying that blu disks scratch easily and are cheap, well they are just saying that to make themselves feel better. Blu-Ray disks are actually cheaper to produce than a dvd and because of that, Sony decided to go ahead and add the extra protective layers and the end result makes the blu disk cost the same to produce as a dvd. The codecs are better on a blu-ray disk. blu-ray players can handle more codecs and a higher bit rate producing a better image. ALL Blu movies are 1080P and so are all the players vs hd-dvd movies require a higher priced player to support 1080P. HD-DVD players do not support full java, just the scripts I believe it is vs blu-ray players support full java for full interactivity in the movies. currently hd-dvds can only go to a "in theory" 50gb limit vs blu-ray has already been tested and proven that it can handle 200gbs on a single disk. blu-ray holds pretty much over 90% of the HD world with more companies going exclusive daily. Paramount is already in talks to going to blu-ray exclusive this summer but will not make the announcement until toshiba has been able to sell off all of their players, Universal I heard yesterday is negotiating with Sony as we speak.

probably my biggest reason to why I back up blu-ray more than ever is because this year I fould out that Spielberg is backing blu which means I get to see Jp in HD and he is already prepping Indiana Jones IV for a blu-ray release this year

HD is not for everyone, for those who have the money, it is money well spent. The signals you receive over HD channels on tv are in 1080i, as in you are not getting the full picture you deserve. The HD downloads are not streaming in 1080p either and with our current broadband technology it is not possible to stream 1080P unless you have a T3 connection.

So far the PS3 is the best HD player on the market and the most future proof. You can expand the hard drive to w/e you want giving you tons of storage for your media like movies, pictures, and music...basically it is your media center. The 360 if you wanted it to play high def it would be a minimum of $460 and that is without the hard drive, to have the 20gb hard drive it would be a total of at least $560 and that is with half of the memory that the PS3 has. Plus the PS3 this year will be getting a ton of new exclusive games and we will finally be able to see the PS3 graphics running at their max...I can't wait for GT5!!!!!!!!! Plus the PS3 will be doing a price drop within the next few months making it have even more of a bang for your buck. Want more info? just ask, I read up on this stuff hourly pretty much