Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: London Mk2: November / December 2006 (TLKoB Show Too)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Yeah, Tom told me aswell.

But at least, we'd all get to meet again

I'm quite exhited about seeing the show again, hehe *blush*

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Tiikeri
    Me and Tom were talking the other day about meeting up in London but not seeing the show because of lack of money. So if anyone else was gonna just go to London to meet up rather than see the show then me and Tom are probably gonna do that since we really can't afford theatre tickets as well as train fare and such.
    that's a better idea for me, cos then it gives me more money to spend at the next meetings, and hopefully (if there's one in paris) i might be able to get to that one

so, just the day for me for now

but, if some money magically appears out of nowhere and lands in my pocket, i'll be fine

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I don't know about doing 2 things again next summer, it was so hard and exhausting so close together :s

But I'm definatly in for London next summer aswell

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by ?nathalie?
    I don't know about doing 2 things again next summer, it was so hard and exhausting so close together :s

But I'm definatly in for London next summer aswell
    well, how about one at the start of the month and one at the end of the month?

just a suggestion =)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    That could work ...

I'm just gonna have to sit down with Bart to discuss it all.
    I'm doubting bringing him to London this year, when I putted on my TLKoB CD he made fun of it every single minute it was on

*tsss* haha

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Aww, I wish I could come this November or December, but you know how far away I am from England... I wish some of you could come to the US meeting next summer, but it looks like you guys are already planning another London meeting the same time as the US meeting.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I could never go to the US, unless I would already have a job, so the US for next year wouldn't have been an option anyway

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    You don't already have to have a job... I didn't get a job until late November of 2005, and I was able to save up for this summer. Even for all those six months I was working, I paid for all my food, because my dad is a cheap skate, so once I got a job he stopped putting food in the house. Plus I had to pay for my classes one quarter too...

But I know it's been hard for you to get a job, but it's not impossible if you don't get a job right away.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    It's just really hard to explain in English for me

Without having a job in sight, I have to be realistic in "my household" concerning money.
    Without a job I can save up for Paris or London.
    If I'd have to save that money to get to the US, that would still take me 2 years.

And also, I couldn't even get on the train in Brussels to get to London, I was crying 'cause I was so sick. (I know what happens now, so no worries for next times)
    I'd hate to see what would happen if you'd get me on a plane

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wish you guys could have one here in Germany. I don't have the money nor the leave to be able to go. I still have to save up some for when I leave Germany to go to my next station

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Originally posted by IrishKiara
    I wish you guys could have one here in Germany. I don't have the money nor the leave to be able to go. I still have to save up some for when I leave Germany to go to my next station
    There are some Germans on the board ... and depending on where in Germany, I could always make that for 1 day

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by ?nathalie?
    There are some Germans on the board ... and depending on where in Germany, I could always make that for 1 day
    i might be going to germany in april next year, so as details go on, i'll let you know

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Anything further then Gelsenkirchen / Bonn / Trier (in km counted) I can't do, hehe, 'cause otherwhise it'd be too far to drive too.

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by IrishKiara
    Yeah, that'd be awesome!
    Though, I could only make it to Stuttgart, Ulm and maybe Munich...seeing as I live in the VERY south...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    well, Stuttgart and Munich would be fine for me

i can see a german thread being made soon

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Stuttgart is a 5,5 hours drive. Bart'd kill me haha

So that ain't really an option.

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No way can I make it to Germany, not with college just about to start and such. In fact I'm struggling to be able to make it to London in November/December, but having said that, November/December is more of an option for me than next summer, next summer is impossible for me as things stand at the moment. Unless there's a Leeds meeting of course

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Daniel
    i can see a german thread being made soon
    OMG you're a fortune teller
    http://www.leahalalela.com/showthrea...&threadid=8321
    didn't want to spam this thread any longer

Aka STM (Administrator ) Sadiki's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    seems like a lot of people want the meeting in end of December or beginning of January. For me end of December will not be an option sinse I was away from home at christmas time last year and I want to spend new year with my friends. but first week of January should be fine, depending where I will be working at that time and what my schedule will be then.

About Summer 2007... there will be US meeting and it have been already been planned for that summer like a year ago... so if there will be a London meeting in next summer it should be made so people had change to do both. Flight between CA and London cost about $800 ~ ?450 ~ 700? depending if it is already season time or not. I understand if some people can't afford traveling or if their parents don't let them, but in my opinion it's unfair for those who try to arrange a big meeting and then others will arrange a meeting around the same dates somewhere else. The time between meetings should be at least a month. Ofcourse smaller meetings can be arranged, like meeting up at London for couple of hours in Saturday or something but too often it seems that people don't go somewhere farther away like US or even Paris from England to meet up other member because it's more expensive. I can see it already that those people who are saying in US meeting thread that they are coming or trying to will say that they wont come after all when it comes the time to get hotel and flights because they can't afford it, yet they go to 2-3 meeting near them in less than 6 months. I really wish people would be realistic with the meetings... by saying you are coming or trying to and then close to the time you change it just makes people disapointed or mad.

Lea members I have met: Fuzzy, Naline, Boos, Ruska, Tima, Talfasi, JambaB, Sharifu, Vidan, Muruwa, Taneli, Shadow, nathalie, Lucy , Amaryllis, This Land, Daniel, Lion King Stu, King Simba, Nephilim, KanuTGL, Lion_King_300, 2DieFR, Kenai, A-non-a-mus, Eva Janus, dlb138, Levin, HasiraKali, Revo, Simba The Enigma, Azerane and Xacheraus.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I know what you mean with your last part, and even if I do start saving up for the US now, I still wouldn't make it.
    There's not only the flight, you also need money if you wanna go out and do stuff, and my guess is that it'll be longer then 2 days.

I had some expenses 6 months ago, which I shouldn't have had, which costed me a lot of money which I could have saved, and then things would look better for me to think about the US.

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu