Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Show off your TLK merchandise!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    They have these over here too. But 7 ? a piece

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    They only have the Simba one here too. We don't get much merchandise around here.

I'm going to merge this with the other merch thread though.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I bought mine on sale for $1. I should have bought the other Simba too...oh well!
    Sorry for putting this thread in the wrong place...you can hit me on the head if you want. I have a lovely cast iron shovel you can use!

I don't see much merchandise, mostly because I live in a rual area. However, when I went to New Jersey I saw a large Nala plush at Marshall's store. But I could not bring something so large back...maybe I could have bought a bus ticket for Nala, too. If people gave me weird looks I'd say..."Yes, as a matter of fact, she IS with me."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    That's what I wonder about the people that win those huge plush prizes at the game center at work. If they're from out of town... where are they putting it to get it home?

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ok.. ok... so, there I was at Uni today, minding my own business, and I see there's a poster sale thing happening, you know for posters of celebrities and landscapes, cars and movies and all that stuff, so I wander in and take a look around while I wait for my bus. I take a look in the movies section to see if anything catches my eye... and then I see the kids section, so risking embarrassment, I wander over and start flicking through them... then to my great suprise I see it.... An Original Lion King Movie Poster!!!!! So yay for today and finding it!!!! I didn't think I'd ever find one, hehe.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Awesome! I love that poster.

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, it's really cool. I actually have a tlk puzzle that's a pic of the poster. Though I've had that for many years. Done that puzzle sooo many times too
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Hey it works. The amount of stuff you have isn't a measure of your fanishness.

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Bleh, I'm poor :E

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I <3 your Scar plush Tiikeri :3.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    that's still some amazing stuff you have there Tiki

Aka STM (Administrator ) Sadiki's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    TLKoB items
    Pictures
    More Pictures
    And even more
    Random Stuff
    Towels
    Snowglobe+Curtains
    VHS+DVD+Games
    Flat Items
    And More flat items
    Baloons and pillow
    Plushies
    Custom made
    rest of the stuff

I tried to take picture of everything but I forgot to take picture of my TLK movie poster that have been posted above by Azerane

Lea members I have met: Fuzzy, Naline, Boos, Ruska, Tima, Talfasi, JambaB, Sharifu, Vidan, Muruwa, Taneli, Shadow, nathalie, Lucy , Amaryllis, This Land, Daniel, Lion King Stu, King Simba, Nephilim, KanuTGL, Lion_King_300, 2DieFR, Kenai, A-non-a-mus, Eva Janus, dlb138, Levin, HasiraKali, Revo, Simba The Enigma, Azerane and Xacheraus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'll try and get a picture but i'll list what I have.

Plushies

*infant simba and nala
    *cub simba
    *mufasa with simba in his mouth
    *sarabi with a small simba also
    *scar plush from disney world
    *licking adult nala
    *zazu beanie
    *large adult simba puppet
    *rafiki
    *and a timon

mugs

*tlk 2 and pride rock

assorted pictures & ceramic figures.

*the DVD's

*button - up cast shirt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's been so long since I've posted in this thread I can't even find my earlier posts about my collection, but I have some really cool news to share!

My TLK collection was selected to be a featured exhibit at the 2006 Puyallup Fair at Western Washington Fairgrounds! (It's one of the 10 largest State Fairs in the country)

I've always enjoyed looking at other people's collections and finally applied this year, sent in a letter to the Chairman with pics and a description of what I had, and sure enough I got picked and he gave me one of the largest display cases too, which I thankfully needed. I actually went down today to set up, it took over three hours and I'm going to have to go back down tomorrow because I forgot a few things. (It's like a 40 minute drive... but it will be well worth it)

I'm just so excited to be able to share my love for TLK with the over 1 million people that will visit the Fair this year (the website is Puyallup Fair ) - hopefully kids and their families and even young adults that were kids when The Lion King came out will view my exhibit and get reminded of how great the movie and the Broadway stage production is and revitalize interest in it for many more years and future generations - that's my goal.

When I go down to the fairgrounds tomorrow I'll take a pic of the display case so you all can see what it looks like! If anyone here lives nearby and is planning to visit the Puyallup Fair this year, please be sure to stop by Hobby Hall, check out my Lion King exhibit and drop me a line, it would be great to hear from fellow Lea members.

For the record I have over 420 individual items in my collection now, and unfortunately I wasn't able to fit a lot of the stuff I wanted to - I left basically all my TLK shirts at home as well as the larger books and I was only able to display six or so lithographs. Somehow I got all the plushes in there, they let me put the big ones on top of the case itself. I think it looks pretty good right now, but I'll probably be doing so rearranging tomorrow cuz I'm picky.

I'll post some pics tomorrow night.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    That is so cool. It's crazy that you know exactly how much stuff you have. I have no idea. I can see at least 50 figures from where I'm sitting right now. I can't wait to see pictures of your display Tim.

I should do an inventory. I did ask my mum about possibly getting it insured so I'd have to inventory it anyway.

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    That's cool Tim !

I actually have an inventory like that, lol, but I lost track a few months ago, so I'm gonna need to start all over, hehe.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Haha, everyone's collections are so cool! Being a relatively new TLK addict, I only have the special edition DVD (for some reason it didn't come with the sleeve thingy...that bothers me but whatever), Simba's Pride on VHS, and a young Simba plushie that I *just* bought. I used to have random figurines and Burger King toys, etc. when I was younger, but a house fire kinda ruined that. >_>; Grr. But yeah, these collections are all so amazing, and also quite inspiring.

Edit: Oh, as a matter of fact, I just found this old cassette tape that my mom bought for the family when TLK first came out, it's some kind of sing-along cassette tape for the lyrical songs from TLK. Yay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just got back - here are the pics as promised:

Here's my whole display case with me in front, all the big plushies are looking down on you!

A better look at the top two shelves

The main part of the collection, smaller plushes on the bottom and TLKOB stuff and figurines on the first shelf, in the lower right corner I put my TLK skybox I trading card set that you can't see in the pic.

Yes, that is a TLK bowling ball in the bottom left corner!

Top right, lithos, large books (can you see the TLK 6 New Adventures box set?) nesting dolls and a signed movie script

More books, lithos, ornaments, snowglobes and music boxes, and yes a very cool TLK gumball machine!

A closer-up view of the whole case

I have about 30 TLK and TLKOB shirts and I was only able to display 2 of them unfortunately, but it would have been pretty hard even if I did have room to display more stuff, most of my TLK books were sent back home as did about half of the lithos and some of the bigger things like puzzle boxes, games, but I'm very happy with the way it looks now.

Fair starts September 8th, can't wait to make some visits and get the chance to talk to people about my collection!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    That looks so cool! I see the little Scar beanie. I hope your CDs aren't in there. How will you survive without hearing them for that long? I'd die.

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    LOL yes I did think of that at the last minute, before I left for the fairgrounds I took all of the CD and DVD's out (except for the Chinese TLK II and TLK 3 DVD's and now I want to watch those, darn)

My room looks awfully bare right now... kind of depressing to look around and see just about nothing.

For the record, here is my complete inventory, after the last update it stands at 440 items and counting.

Tim's TLK collection

And yeah Amanda thanks again for the Scar beanie! If I didn't get it from you I would have had to buy him in Shanghai to complete the TLKOB beanbag collection before the fair.

Welcome to Lea, Waterkeeper! Sorry to hear about that house fire... hope you can start up your TLK collection again.