From some sources I have read, I have gathered this: Yes, the Earth is getting warmer, but no we aren't the ones contributing most to it. The amount of CO2 etc we contribute is not nearly as much at the Earth itself produces and contributes. It shouldn't be hard for people to imagine that if the Earth has gone through periods of cold, that it can also go through periods of heat as well. If we do want to reduce our pollution and the small amount we do contribute, I believe the best thing to do would be to develop a new energy source, which is being researched at this moment. Also, I read that even if the Earth got warmer by the predicted 6 to 9 degrees, we would easily be able to adjust to the change.

There are only two things I dislike about these convos on this topic, and those are the people who treat this like a doomsday scenario, and those who decide to make humanity look evil. I haven't really seen that here yet, and regardless of what causes it, I highly doubt that if we stopped all of our pollution tomorrow anything would reverse or stop. Basically, we need more information on the matter, and need to develop a way to deal with it if/when it does happen to a degree (no pun intended..lol) that affects us.