Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 32 of 61 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Love Life

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hmmmm, I very well may Azzy. But you'll have to forgive me, it's late and I can't really think, so you'll have to remind me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, he's kinda white and also kinda spotty... Hehe, you may tease me my cheetah, but I love you anyway
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Heheh, kinda spotty? I'd say I'm a bit more spotty than that. But hey, teasing ya is just fun! Though I love you too sweetheart, more than I can say.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Kintaru
    Utora, that's not how I meant it. Of course you want someone who is good enough for you. But what I'm saying is that you can't just go about saying this person's not good enough for me, nor is he, or him, or that one, etc. You have to give someone a chance. That's just my opinon of course.
    I know that. However, I'm more head on in my Christian work then anything, and I need not worry about finding the right man. I'm leaving that to God to handle. But I'm not going to affiliate myself with a non-Christian, that is, when I'm considering him for the love of my life. And it is simply left at that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^ Do you mean you'll date non-Christians but only get into a serious relationship with a Christian? That outlook sounds good to me, I can understand why you would want to marry a Christian person, I mean I plan on marrying someone that is the same religion as me someday in the future. Just remember, someone may be willing to learn and become Christian if someone just teaches them, so don't completly disregard non-Christians.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I can't see myself dating an overly religious person, but at the same time I wouldn't want to date like.. someone satanic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Muruwa
    ^ Do you mean you'll date non-Christians but only get into a serious relationship with a Christian? That outlook sounds good to me, I can understand why you would want to marry a Christian person, I mean I plan on marrying someone that is the same religion as me someday in the future. Just remember, someone may be willing to learn and become Christian if someone just teaches them, so don't completly disregard non-Christians.
    I believe to date is to seek marriage. No I shall not date non-Christians. I shall reach out to them, and spread His Holy Word, But I will not, date them.

I talk about this as if I know it's ways. I for one think Love is beyond my control. I know God will not give me a man who shall lead me into temptation, and guide me against His will. To date is to seek marriage. I shall not do so until God desires it.

For to be married is to represent the body of Christ. How can one do that if one is a believer and the other as lost as the wind? It cannont be done. I have much to learn. But I do not go against anything I have said up to this point. I shall lean not unto my own understanding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^ Wow, I admire your conviction, I really do.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Man... Some guys are too much.

Today at work (I work at Target) some guy asked me where some hooks were, so I told him. Then he said to me he wanted to buy some clothes, and then I said, "Well all the clothes are in the middle of the store." (I thought this was a weird question, because there are so many different kinds of clothes and you can't miss it right in the middle of the store) Then he asked me what my name was... And I said, "Audra" And then he said, "Oh that's interesting... Do you have email?" And I said, "Yes..." He asked me if he could have it... There's something that just bugs me, when male strangers ask for that... (Or my number) I mean, I don't mind giving it to some guy if I got to know him in class or something like that... But it's like those kinds of guys just want to get to know you because they think you're attractive. Yeah it's nice that they think that, but I want someone to want to talk to me because he knows more about me. (Like I'm a nice person, etc) Plus I think it's weird to talk to strangers on the phone or email like that because usually you don't have much in common. Plus I always want to be friends first. That's why I think STM and I work so well together. We didn't even think about being together at first, we just liked talking to each other. Anyways... I told the guy I don't check my email that much. (Which isn't really true, I just said that because I wanted him to leave me alone) Then he said, "Do you have electricity?" And I said, "Yeah..." Then he said, "Well? Give me your email or phone number." And I said, "I don't like giving that information out." And he said, "Oh come on." (How rude! I swear so many guys have done that to me, and I think they should be respectful enough to not ask after I told them I don't want to) I then told him, "I have a boyfriend, if that's what you're thinking..." Then he said, "No I don't think so." And I said, "What? That I have a boyfriend?" And he said "Yeah." I told him, "I really do have a boyfriend!" And then he said, "What, that guy?!" And he pointed to some other guy around my age working there. And I said, "No, my boyfriend doesn't work here." And he just got kind of annoyed and walked away.

That just shows right there that guy didn't have any respect for me, saying I was lying. (And you all know I have a b/f!) Even if I was single, I wouldn't want to talk to that guy again.

Anyways? I wanted to say that I love Petteri (STM) so much, even more after this last visit. Even though I had to work a lot, our last visit was so great to me. I miss him so much? And all the time I?m working I?m thinking about going to Europe next summer. (Which is why I got that job)

My dad has been bring me down though, about a lot of things, but one thing, saying Petteri was lazy and I have to date other guys. What does he know?! He told me it?s ok to date other guys and it?s not cheating. Well in my eyes it is. That?s like keeping Petteri but for right now look for someone ?better?. My dad even said he wouldn?t be surprised if Petteri was dating another girl in Finland right now. :mad: All I said to him then was, ?You don?t know how much he loves me!? Jeez, I?m 20 years old! When he is going to stop telling me what to do like that? I think I?m old enough to decide what I want to do with my relationship.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I totally know how you feel Sharifu, my mom says exactly thesame things, and my dad agrees, although he doesnt say it, i know he does.

Convincing them doesnt help, try giving in to them for a change, say like "yea i hate Petteri soo much hes soooooo lazy" ore anything like that, they wont have anything to bring in then it works for me ^^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well you know how much I think of your dad and I can't really go on bout it unless I go on a swaering spree. So I will keep it clean cause I don't want to get into any trouble.

I can't believe how much of a *** he with all the things hes done and said; and I've said this many times before but damn I feel sorry for ya . Can't wait till you can finally get away from him because you really deserve better than whats happening to you.

Anyway guys like that are only looking for one thing anyway so just walk away from them unless you have to take them anywhere in the store for something.
    Did you tell someone about it like a supervisor or a security guard?
    Get those crepos chucked out pretty quick.
    Members I have had the pleasure to meet: STM [x2], Sharifu [x2], Taneli [x2], King Simba [x4], Shadow [x1], Nathalie [x2], Lucy Lioness [x2], This Land [x4], Daniel [x2], Nephilim [x1], KanuTGL [x2], Revo [x1], Naline [x1], FCSimba [x9], Leorgathar [x1]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Amaryllis
    I totally know how you feel Sharifu, my mom says exactly thesame things, and my dad agrees, although he doesnt say it, i know he does.

Convincing them doesnt help, try giving in to them for a change, say like "yea i hate Petteri soo much hes soooooo lazy" ore anything like that, they wont have anything to bring in then it works for me ^^
    Well it's harder, when your parents have actually met him already. If I say I hate Petteri then it's not going to make sense that he's coming here again or that I'm going to Finland next summer.

Whatever, I don't care what my dad thinks. My mom likes Petteri and all that really matters is that Petteri and I are happy with our relationship, right?

Yeah LKS, you know more what my dad's like, then a lot of people here. (STM, Fuzzy and Vidan know a lot too) I just have to put up with it right now. This is where I can get these animation classes for such a great price.
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Sharifu
    My dad has been bring me down though, about a lot of things, but one thing, saying Petteri was lazy and I have to date other guys. What does he know?! He told me it?s ok to date other guys and it?s not cheating. Well in my eyes it is. That?s like keeping Petteri but for right now look for someone ?better?. My dad even said he wouldn?t be surprised if Petteri was dating another girl in Finland right now. :mad: All I said to him then was, ?You don?t know how much he loves me!? Jeez, I?m 20 years old! When he is going to stop telling me what to do like that? I think I?m old enough to decide what I want to do with my relationship.
    I hate to say it, but there comes a time in every person's life when they have become mature enough to say "No, I'm my own person now" to their parents. This may be a subtle thing, maybe a parent telling a 21 year old that they're not allowed to go to the movies or it may be something like your case where your father says that you have to date other people. Either way, it's an important developemental stage in a person's life to finally declare their emotional, spiritual, social, and physical independence from their parents. That, of course, doesn't mean that you don't love them anymore or even that you don't live with them, it simply means that you've become independent and it's time to make these decisions for yourself. I urge you to stay with STM, you guys are so happy together (by what I've heard); it's no longer your father's choice who you're going to date, as you're old enough to make those decisions. I'm no family counselor, but I'd suggest being up front with him that you love him and you know he wants what's best for you, but you're going to make this decision yourself and will stay with STM until the time comes that you decide otherwise, if that time even ever comes.

In other words, you're a big girl now, you're an adult and have the full right to make these decisions on your own. In all honesty, I'm sure your dad just wants what's best for you, but like quite a few parents, he may also be afraid of letting you go. A lot of parents say they don't like their children's choices in dates early on not because they don't actually like the person, but because they're afraid that their children are starting to go out on their own, make their own decisions, and start their life. Empty Nest Syndrome, I think people call it.

Aka STM (Administrator ) Sadiki's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I really don't know how Audra's dad can say that I am lazy, sinse he bearly does anything after he comes from work, except watch TV or go out with friends. Also that he said that Audra have to clean after me is what Audra have to do after him and about dateing with other guys and that he bet I have a girlfriend here, does make no sense at all. How would I be able to work that much to get enough money to travel otherside of the world if I had another girlfriend here plus that you all know me well enough to say that I could never do it. dateing with many girls is the thing what he does, I wonder why he try to tell Audra that I am like him. He never even talks to me, not that I mind sinse I think he is a real jerk after all I have heard and experienced.

Lea members I have met: Fuzzy, Naline, Boos, Ruska, Tima, Talfasi, JambaB, Sharifu, Vidan, Muruwa, Taneli, Shadow, nathalie, Lucy , Amaryllis, This Land, Daniel, Lion King Stu, King Simba, Nephilim, KanuTGL, Lion_King_300, 2DieFR, Kenai, A-non-a-mus, Eva Janus, dlb138, Levin, HasiraKali, Revo, Simba The Enigma, Azerane and Xacheraus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm sorry you're having trouble with your dad about this Sharifu, it's hard when things like that happen, I agree with pnt though the you have to tell him that you can make your own decisions, and it would probably mean more if you brought the subject up to him and not the other way around as by the sounds of things he's mentioning it to you. (Though I could be wrong.) So tough times but I'm sure you can work through it.

And you're right that the guy who spoke to you at work had no respect for you since he just basically accused you of being a liar and what sort of a question is "Do you have ecectricity?" I mean... really. And then he just demands you give him your e-mail or phone number. It's just plain rude.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yeah, pntbll248, I know what you mean, but my dad is weird... For some things he acts like I'm a little girl, then for other issues he wants me to be more like an adult. (Like now that I have a job he wants me to pay for my own food, and my classes) But I basicly got that job to go to Europe next summer to be with Petteri and go to the Lea Paris meeting. Now that I'm making money he wants me to spend it on things he said he would pay for when I moved back to live with him to go to school. (And really, if I could get those animation courses near where my mom lives, I would much rather live with her) But if I pay for all this how can I go to Europe? Some people I think are getting laid off at Target soon. I just hope they keep me.

Anyways, he also told me how Petteri is my first love and I'm young. Well duh, I know that... But it's never like first loves never work out. And I am really happy with Petteri. I miss him a lot when we are apart but I wouldn't want to stop the relationship because of it. He plans to move here in the future and I think it's worth the wait.
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Sharifu
    I miss him a lot when we are apart but I wouldn't want to stop the relationship because of it. He plans to move here in the future and I think it's worth the wait.
    Aww... well of course it's worth the wait. You two seem so happy together it would be a shame to see it end just because of the distance when you so clearly love each other. And I don't see any point to end it if it's just because of the distance, I mean if you really love you each other you should be willing to make it through that extra step just to be together, that's a true test of love. You two seem so sweet together, I hope you get to be together again soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well my turn to make this a sort of depression Thread, as some of u may of heard me and my gf just split up, so yeah, i aint really got anything else to say except, i pretty much wana die.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Know the feeling, but hey, you are young, and there's loads of time left for you to find your mate. Sharifu is an example there. And i didn't mean to be sounding hard ore anything but you're young, and as i said, loads of time left for you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by LoneStar
    Well my turn to make this a sort of depression Thread, as some of u may of heard me and my gf just split up, so yeah, i aint really got anything else to say except, i pretty much wana die.
    Hugs for you I can imagine you would be feeling pretty awful right about now, and I'm sorry to hear that you split up, but as Amaryllis said, you are young. Try not to dwell on it though, though I know it will be hard not to, everything'll be alright in the end.