Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 31 of 61 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Love Life

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Kintaru
    And Utora, you say that you don't like people deciding on who they love based on emotion and looks. But you also say that you won't want to be with anyone but someone who is extremely religious and spiritual. Isn't that a bit hypocritical?
    2 Corinthians 6:14 "Do not be yoked* together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness"

*'yoke' is reffereing to 'marry' or 'be married'

I think that's where what she's saying comes from...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by A-non-a-mus
    2 Corinthians 6:14 "Do not be yoked* together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness"

*'yoke' is reffereing to 'marry' or 'be married'

I think that's where what she's saying comes from...
    Yes, that's what I was speaking of. Thank you Anon.

And love does involve emotion, but I said I don't think that is 'simply' just it. Those are my views, and I'm not forcing them on anyone else. Don't be so eager to say I'm looking for someone good enough for me because that's not what I was going for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Utora
    Don't be so eager to say I'm looking for someone good enough for me because that's not what I was going for.
    No, no, of course you should be looking for someone good enough for you! ^__^;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Utora
    *dances* Do a little dance....make a little love...duh duh dum...get down tonight *stares* That was a little uncontrolled.

Love life. I've been reading the stories, most of them. Okay, I wenmt a page back and skimmed. I got the picture. Smooch smooch. Sex...babies..cocnuts and lawn chairs. I mean it's the big rush, I can see why too. It lasts for about 5 seconds at my school mostly.

Well I'm not shy, and I find you attractive. However -*snaps fingers* I barely know you. Most people here are good looking. I'm looking for the good within the heart.

If I was to be getting involved with anyone, it'd have to be a Godly man. I mean
    somebody who would bring me up, and not down spirtually speaking. They'd have to be pretty 'up-there' with God, and know the Bible, and not be like, "Oh yeah I've heard about the Bible. Consider the lillies of the f***** field!"

Yeah that kinda, nulls and voids that verse. Point of it is, I'd want to get onvolved with a man of Christ, and to get married to understand the body of Christ fully. I don't think love is simply an 'emotion' provoked by lust or looks or knowledge. I think it's a decision. Alot things today, nah they tell you to go with emotion and looks. It's all the rave. Eh, not in my book.
    Awww thanks Utora... that means alot to me...and My pa-pa is a pastor if there's any one who knows the bible well its him, and he's still teaching me..so I'm getting up there with God ^ ^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And Utora, you say that you don't like people deciding on who they love based on emotion and looks. But you also say that you won't want to be with anyone but someone who is extremely religious and spiritual. Isn't that a bit hypocritical? I mean no offense of course. But it's not really fair to try to hold someone to such a high standard so that they're "good enough for you."
    After my forced thinking on my flight to Germany, I did really come across this as an odd statement. You are saying, that I shouldn't want someone good enough?
    So, when I marry, I'd want a man that wasn't good enough for me? To spend all my life with someone that wasn't good enough?

I'd think the exact opposite and honestly I feel like Neph is the only person here who understands that, and that's why I began to think.
    Of course I'd want somebody good enough.
    Looks and emotions are a part of love but not JUST love. And their religion doesn't affect their looks, and it would affect their love emotionaly. Therefore I'd be looking for someone with Christian based morals and such. Therefore, yes. The man I'd want to marry and love would have to be good enough for me, and me good enough for him. It's not hypocrisy. Looks and emotions are different then 'spirtual' and religion. According to my religion. So you see for anyone to truly understand what I mean in this sense they'd have to be a Christian, because lots of people believe religion and 'spiritual-ness' are feelings.

No matter what you say or do in life, someone shall either disagree, or agree.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think what Utora is looking for in someone is alright. I know a few people who want their mate to be religious or of a certian religion for one reason or another. But you have to be careful, don't feel too secure about someone just because they're religious. They're human...they can still hurt you, cheat on you, etc...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    |^| That's right, Roog. One's confined faith isn't without its boundaries, detrimentally.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Twilight
    I see it this way, if you're looking for the PERFECT man\woman, you're not going to find them.
    Good so you finally agree that I don't fit the description of perfect - of course by typing that you'll probably switch it around and just say "i didn't look, i got lucky" or something cute like that so I surrender already... For my love life, just view all of twilight's post lol...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't know, a person can still have good morals and not be Christian, or not believe in God at all. I'm not disagreeing, I'm just saying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Sadira
    Good so you finally agree that I don't fit the description of perfect - of course by typing that you'll probably switch it around and just say "i didn't look, i got lucky" or something cute like that so I surrender already...
    Do I even need to say anything about that..?
    I don't believe in luck... I do believe in fate however- so you're right; I didn't look.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Twilight
    Do I even need to say anything about that..?
    Nope, just smile and agree with me ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Sombolia
    I don't know, a person can still have good morals and not be Christian, or not believe in God at all. I'm not disagreeing, I'm just saying.
    True...but when someone is religious, people tend to find comfort knowing that their morals are backed by a strong organization...it's why all the presidents have been people who are religious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    True, true. My parents are always harping to me to find someone that's the same religion as I.

Um... other than that, I have no love life. Honestly. I haven't fallen for anyone, and no one has fallen for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Truth is, you don't need religion to have a healthy relationship. Although a relationship bound by religion has a bit more foundation- vows to uphold, traditions to keep. But it doesn't mean that someone like me, isn't capable of a relationship just as well. It seriously depends on moral and what you believe in, and I don't mean belief as religious, i mean what you think is right. So many recently have- strayed from what is right, relationship-wise.

But that's their own moral, and frankly that's going to get them nowhere as far as a relationship (a good one) goes.
    Bottom line: What's good for one isn't good for another.

Considering the love I found is in someone anti-religious, they're obviously not going to do for someone like Utora. ^_^ What's good for me is Only good for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by lion_roog
    True...but when someone is religious, people tend to find comfort knowing that their morals are backed by a strong organization...it's why all the presidents have been people who are religious.
    Not necessarily... in many cases, I think that religion gives others an excuse for being prejudice. For example, they made such a big case about JFK being a catholic, even though many of the morals are the same as the other denominations of Christianity. It's more of a case of one religious group versus another, rather than the actual religion itself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Utora, that's not how I meant it. Of course you want someone who is good enough for you. But what I'm saying is that you can't just go about saying this person's not good enough for me, nor is he, or him, or that one, etc. You have to give someone a chance. That's just my opinon of course.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Sadira
    Good so you finally agree that I don't fit the description of perfect - of course by typing that you'll probably switch it around and just say "i didn't look, i got lucky" or something cute like that so I surrender already... For my love life, just view all of twilight's post lol...
    That reminds me of someone I know...
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Xinithian
    Not necessarily... in many cases, I think that religion gives others an excuse for being prejudice. For example, they made such a big case about JFK being a catholic, even though many of the morals are the same as the other denominations of Christianity. It's more of a case of one religious group versus another, rather than the actual religion itself.
    Yeah, but I was refering to religion as it pertains to the individual and the values that are usually admired in someone who is a person of religion...and how being a Christian, etc, helps shed some light on the person's moral beliefs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    And who would that be, hmmmm?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    And who would that be, hmmmm?
    I'm sure you know him hehe...
    That which you manifest is before you.