Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Scar debate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like others said, without him I wouldn't like it as much as I do now. When I was younger, I loved it. But I didn't get obssessive until I was watching it with my little cousins, and I started realising the things me and Scar have in comman. I lurve him, though...a true fan girl ::sigh::.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No argument here that Scars character was well defined and represented. When i think about scar, i think about Die Hard:With a vengeance, where Jermey Irons also played a villan

It is true however, that without Scar, there would be little story to revolve around, and Id probably hate tlk then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Shoukai
    When i think about scar, i think about Die Hard:With a vengeance, where Jermey Irons also played a villan
    It's just the opposite for me...When I watch Die Hard WaV I think of Scar

...when I first saw that movie, I turned it on during one of the phone things. I was leik 'd00d! It's Scar!'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Scar, Scar, hmmm? Interesting question for an interesting character - and indeed, if anyone denies how "multi-layered" TLK is, careful observation of Scar will soon set them straight. He is, symbolically, similar to the movie itself in many ways, but the complete opposite of it in others. Like TLK, it's possible to look at him in nearly as many possible lights known to man: from "just plain evil" to "evil, but in a good way" all the way through to "omghesfrikinSEX!!!!111" (Not that I'd personally go that far, mind you. No siree. ) But above all, the thing that I find somewhat appealing about him (even though I don't technically "like" him - it's a fine line, bebe!) is how he pretty much embodies all the characteristics most reasonably well-read people will tell you filmmakers and audiences alike should look for in an antagonist - a piece of cake to dislike as a "person" and hardly much cop as a ruler at all, but just oozing the kind of subtle sarcastic wit the movie needs to be near-perfect, which is indeed entertaining provided you know he won't actually come out on top ultimately. And, if you're a devoted film fanatic, it shouldn't be that hard to figure out he won't (this is Disney, after all).

(STOP PRESS! Lea's own Pumbaaholic LIVES!!! gasp Post-summer stress is a fickle mistress, indeed...)