Have you ever bought someting that you really wanted, and then you finally got it, and you didn't like it anymore?

For almost a year now, I had my eye on the (back then it was new) Sony Ericsson Xperia x8 android smartphone.

I'm a Sony Ericsson fan (not so much the Sony part though), and I have always loved their mobile phone designs.

I previously owend a SE z250i, and currently using the w580i (walkman).

I absoluty loved the fact that the Xperia x8 has a white cover, and for some reason I just loved the design and the front screen.

I HAD to have it !!

Only thing holding me down: the price tag = 150 €

So, last weekend when sales started in Belgium, the phone went down to 126 € (still a lot, but meh ...), OMG, I had to get it !! haha

Not knowing there's also an Xperia x10 mini, little smaller then the x8.
Also on sale. I didn't knew what to do, the x10 was much cheaper now then the x8 ever was, black/pink cover (I love pink, my current phone is, haha).

Huge dilemma!

The x10 mini didn't had a full keypad, but the classic 12-keypad, which was a real positive point for me.
The x8 only has a full keypad, which I didn't really like.

So, after about an hour , I finally made up my mind that I want the x8.
Went to 4 stores, and all sold out o_O

I get home, start doubting again.
Go to the website to see the pro's and con's again. Now seeing a new Xperia mini is coming out next month (incl. keyboard, keyboard on-screen, 12-keypad on screen), darn ! haha

Last Monday, I went to the store, to see if they had them elsewhere on sale.
I bring home, the x8 !

I'm totally exhited over it and can't wait to use it !!!!

Then it starts ... Where's the Azerty keyboard ??
I don't like typing on Qwerty, it's just confusing, when in my daily life on my laptops, I use Azerty.

Tried installing an app for it, needed to download 5 other programs first to get it on.
Couldn't even figure out where to put it on the phone, very disturbing ...
Putted it everywhere on the internal memory and on the memory stick, using the special SE PC suite for it.
Weird, not to say the least ...

The phone is so not easy to use ! (in my opinion that is)
It has so little settings, I got all frustrated ...

I e-mail SE asking if there's a way to change to Azerty.
They mail me back within 2 days (honestly, I didn't expect any answer at all ...)
Seems I have to select "French" as another input-language, where I get the option to check Azerty or Qwerty.

After 4 days of having my new phone, I finally can type in Azerty.
I have to admit, typing a text now, goes a lot faster.
But still ... typing on a full keypad like that without being able to feel the actual button, just annoys everything out of me. I keep pressing the wrong ones
(when you hold the phone in landscape, the screen goes with it, and the on screen buttons are still to hard for me to handle)
Testing it in the store all went fine, but once home, being able to check it out peacefully, I got even more stressed out about it.

My old (and precious) w580i has so much more great options, which I do all use (money was well spend on that one), but the problem is my buttons are all getting cracked so I wanted a new phone.

The x8 is a great phone for someone who has worked, up untill now, with one of those ancient Nokia phones, and now just want something more fancier.

Sadly, the x8 is not for me

I still think the phone looks absolutely amazing, but it has far too little settings for, comparing to my old phone, and the menu is just horribly empty.

My biggest mis-buy of the year *tadaaaaaaaaaa*

I'm gonna try and bring it back to the store, see if I can trade it, or get a coupon.
Once did it before with a media player ...
If not, I'm "stuck" with it, till I can find a home for it *sighs*