I'm one of the ones who voted illeagle... I'll list my reasons why ... these are simply my opinion... and no, I'm not aganst gays... (as I do have some gay friends...)

Originally posted by Nephilim
The Bible says homosexuality is wrong.
this is probably the main reason... there's a passage in it that says a lot about it...
*also not wanting this to turn into a religious debate*

Another point about the subject:

Like neph said: 'The purpose of a marrage is to reproduce.' In doing so it transforms the marrage into a family. Now, if gay marrage were to take place, then it'd cause a huge break in the 'family'. I know it's not only gays that this would be... but also the many devorces... the many cases of husbands cheating on their wives and wives cheating on their husbands and even the sperm banks (yes, those too help break 'family')

why is this so significant:

the family is the cornerstone of every country.
If the cornerstone crumbles then the building colapses.
In the same sence if the 'family' crumbles, the country (no matter how strong) will colapse.

now, again I say, these are only my views... some may share them some may not... it doesn't matter to me...
lets not cause an inferno ok?

Originally posted by Nephilim
[u]then why can't people marry animals?
I won't say when or where this happened... let's just say: 'it involved humans and monkies. When this happened, AIDS was created...