To be honest, I have no idea myself ... I try to watch the news as much as I can, I visit the news website every 30 minutes for live updates, and I still don't get it.

I have been getting quite a few messages from people, in public and private telling me to stay safe.

It's terrible what has happened in Paris, and everywhere else in the world these "un-humans" are terrorising everyone.

As for me, I am not near Brussels, so I'm fine It's really sweet of the people who do think of me.

It is true, half of the terrorists that were involved in Paris, were living in Belgium.
In a risk-town, which has been for years, so I don't understand how they could have not seen this coming.

The guy they are looking for now, actually has a house a few houses from an old school-mate of mine, which does make it scary.
He was having a drink in a bar on his street, and once again the police made them stay inside as they were doing another sweep of the street, trying to catch this 1 guy. Instead they managed to arrest some others.

I myself dodged the bomb-alarm that happened in Antwerp city last Tuesday. I had just left the exact spot going home.
It's a shame these false bomb-alarms go out at least twice a day now, just someone who needs to get attention and feel good about themselves, while creating panic. Sad sad person if you life of things like this. Pathetic.
Because I do believe some of the alerts have got nothing to do with the actual terrorists, just people who wanna feel "special".

I even went to Disneyland Paris on Wednesday + Thursday. Yes, more security, but checking people was a hoot really, and very discriminating (at Disney only man got scanned with a handscanner, not the woman).

Brussels is on lock-down, stores are closed, schools are closed, subways are closed.

I guess they are getting what they wanted. Total panic. Though, us Belgians, we're a very calm and sober people, hehe, so we are dealing with it very calmly.

Never thought they'd give a negative travel advice for Belgium. Such a small and "stupid" country.
I hope they catch this guy very soon, as they always seem to just miss him.
I'm starting to feel ashamed that they all lived here. But I feel good knowing that everything the police and army is doing to actually catch him, and everyone else who has something to do with IS.

But yeah ... I'm fine