First of all, I'm very sorry to hear about TL and Kanu splitting up. It certainly came as a shock to me, but I'm here to support you guys. I trust that your decision was a wise one in the end.

Having said that, now I have to break yet another piece of unexpected news here.

*Sigh* Tara and I broke up.

Out of respect I won't get into many details, not here at least, but I should clear up that this had nothing to do with TL and Kanu's situation. The circumstances and reasons were very different, so it's just a silly coincidence that both events happened within less than a month.
To say it in a few words, I just didn't feel happy with how we carried our relationship anymore. Having to deal with the distance, language barrier, and the uncertainity of our future was already hard enough, but the way we behaved towards each other in certain circumstances just kept adding to the mix over the years. We had quite a lot of intense moments, it really became a bigger problem every time, and I just couldn't take it any more.

I'm very sorry if this is disappointing to some, after giving the impression of being a perfectly happy couple with our travel pictures and such. The truth is that there's stuff that happened behind the scenes that I'd rather try to forget and not take the risk of repeating it. I do appreciate the good times we shared together and I'll remember them dearly, but the sad truth is that the rest of the story got to outgrow those good days, it was just too much to handle, and I certainly don't want to live like that forever.

As for what will happen from now on, only time will tell. I'm still naturally feeling depressed about having to get to this, but deep down I'm sure we needed this. We both need a fresh new take on our lives. I believe that eventually this will do us more good than harm, making us mature in mind for a better future. I don't see these past 4 years and 9 months as a waste, but more as some life experience we learned to make good use of it in the future.

I'll always keep hoping for the best for the two of us, wherever our separate ways take us.