So I've posted this question before elsewhere, but I am interested to see what everyone around here thinks (or if anyone even has an opinion on it):

I was talking with some people on sketcher the other day and realized...I am an oldie. I remember when others were oldies and I was the kid in sketcher, but now I am one of them. xD It's odd. Not only being older than others on the archive, but also weird because the artists I look/looked up to and saw as inspiring are totally different than the ones everyone else seems to. We were sharing artist names with each other on sketcher and I had never heard of most of the names they were giving me. xD Talk about being disconnected with today's youth. *cricks back and hobbles over to her rocking chair*

SO. I thought it might be fun to share/reminisce--what images or artists inspire you most on the archive? Or, for those who don't really do the FAA thing anymore, which ones do you still remember very clearly as being really inspirational to you? I'm just having a curious/nostalgic moment I suppose.

I will probably add to this list later, but here are some of mine:

When I first came to TLKFAA back in 2002 (so...so old) there were a ton of artists whose work I just *poured* over. I saved images to my computer, set them as screensavers, used them as reference--you name it, I probably did it. Well, short of tracing or art theft of course. But here are the ones that spring to mind: Jamala, Damalia, Cat Hicks, Evana, Domino, The Black Cat, Dagger, Hibbary, Makani, Lucky, Pegasuss, Pinali, Sarafina, Tigon, Tigrin....these are all names a lot of you know I'm sure. Some have changed names while others have moved on and are completely untraceable. But I can credit all of them with giving me lots of various kinds of inspiration when I first stepped into the world of online/digital art. And for that I am grateful that they took time to share their work with us.

Here are some more specific examples of more recent(ish) picture inspiration:

I don't know exactly why but this image of Simba has be emblazoned on my mind since the day I saw it. I think it was the first serious departure in style I witnessed on the archive and it served as the catalyst for a lot of my own explorations in art style. Criq's gallery as a whole is incredible, of course. But for whatever reason this image in particular struck a chord in me.

Oxpecker is an artist whose work I looove. She has this smooth, crisp, unique look to all of her work and designs that always seem to flow and come together so naturally. Really beautiful and inspirational gallery, I often wander through it when I am in need of a creativity spark.

Dille is another one who has been a giant inspiration to me over the years...stuff like this just keeps me going wanting to draw things. T_T

Maqueeendaaaa!! That's really all one needs to say. :3 There is nothing I don't adore about this girl as a person or an artist, she is wonderful. <3

Kourukon and Timali are both artists whose sense of humor and ideas I have always found so wonderful and inspirational while also being people I've always admired for their ability to be SO STINKIN' ON MODEL that it's ridiculous. I have tried and failed many times to achieve this look and I just *cannot* do it. All of you artists out there who can do this, I am amazed.

Paso/Legetta is someone whose style is just so incredibly raw and wonderful to me. I am always fascinated by the intricacies of her artwork.

This is still one of my favorite images on the archive. I don't know what it is about Tigon's close-ups, but they stick with me. When I think of TLK fan art or of her work, I think of these two images.

Daanzi is another artist whose work has inspired me over the years...and if you haven't already you seriously need to check out her DA account. Because woah.