Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Madagascar?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry about the confusion Phantom. I respect someone who just lays it down the way it is. Don't worry about it a lot of people don't know if I'm joking or not. Even with my my friends off line. I'd say something and they'd stare at me with this blank expression and then I'd be like "UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, I was kidding".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Simba22
    Sorry about the confusion Phantom. I respect someone who just lays it down the way it is. Don't worry about it a lot of people don't know if I'm joking or not. Even with my my friends off line. I'd say something and they'd stare at me with this blank expression and then I'd be like "UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, I was kidding".
    It be cool yo!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just got back form seeing it... and it was awsome! i defadent movie to own on dvd!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Sombolia
    I kinda sorta wanna see.

Revenge of the Sith comes first.

Same here. I plan on seeing it in the coming weeks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by TakaTiger
    I just got back form seeing it... and it was awsome! i defadent movie to own on dvd!
    Sooooooo lucky!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Eh, I saw it the first day it came out. And really I didn't like it. It was *kind* of funny, but in my opinion it really had no story. I miss 2-D animation. I miss the style, and it seems to focus more on a story, then just a comedy. (Well of course not all of them, but most of them.)
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I saw it. I loved it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I saw it today!!!!!
    It was ssoooooo good!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My family went to go see it...but i satyed home to study for a calculus and AP bio final. What makes me want to see it is the oldschool reggae song "I like to move it" If im not mistaken.....isint some of the music by Hans Zimmer?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    "I like to move it move it" XD Dude that song gets stuck in my head! When the lemur first started singing that, my sister burst up laughing, it was so funny! And yes Soukai, some of the music is by Hans Zimmer.

Oh, and did you guys know Madagascar isn't even being played in Masagascar? Haha, I read that at http://animated-news.com/
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I saw it. I thought it was really cute and funny. But it wasn't what I expected.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i just watched it just then

its pretty good
    not really what i was expecting exactly, but still pretty good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Gah, all us Brits have to wait until July 1st. Ah well. I might go and see it with the school on the last day of term anyway... that's if I decide to get up on that day.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I still haven't seen this yet, but i've noticed a lot of people have said it's not what they were expecting...so now i'm kind of wondering what everyone was expecting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I finally saw it and I was laughing my head off.

^-^

I love the penguins!!! They were sooo cute!

My favorite scene was when the Penguins finally get to Antartica. They were looking at the iceberg. One of the penguins was scaraching his butt and another one was looking at the ground.

One penguin looks at them and says

"Well this sucks"

Yeah, I was laughing for a long....time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I remember that scene. At first, I had no idea why we were looking at a practically blank scene, because I didn't notice the penguins at the bottom of the screen. I didn't get it until one of them finally said something. Yeah, it was pretty funny.

I mainly saw it because I wanted to know what Disney's movies had to go up against. Overall, I didn't think it was that great. The main characters didn't have much depth to them, so I didn't feel that sympathetic or anything. I think the only one that had anything close to that was Alex, but it disappeared after a while. The animation seemed a little low-tech, too. I know they were trying to go for a more cartoony look and all, but they over did it. The movement of the characters seemed a bit too jerky, too. I think the squash and stretch technique should be left to 2D and the people who can pull that style off in 3D*cough*PIXAR*cough*. The minor characters seemed to be more likable than the main characters, too. King Julien, for instance. That "Move It" song is pretty dang catchy. Next to Puss in Boots(though also a creation of Zorro spoofage), King Julien has to be the best Dreamworks creation, in my opinion. I also noticed that Dreamworks has a tendency to spoof off of other movies, a lot. Sure it's funny for a while, but it gets old when it seems most of the movie is spoofage. I do give them credit, though, for not using a TLK-ish concept. In production, they had a concept where they were going to have the lemurs have this philosophy called the "Oval of Life." Instead of all the creatures being equal, like in TLK, the lemurs were at the "bottom" of the oval. They probably ditched it becuase they figured it's way too blatant.

So yeah....(insert projectile objects here)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    bah, It should be Hula-hoop of life .. not oval.. maybe egg-shaped.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Talking Madagascar

I've been out of town for a week, and im glad to be back at lea

While I was away I finally got a change to see Madagascar. I loved it and I was just curious to what everyone's opinion is about it. U just gotta love alex.

So how many stars would you give madagascar?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Haven't seen it, so I'll vote when I do. ^^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I LOVED it! The penguins were awesome.