Hey ya'll I have been working hard on my newest project, in fact day in and day out for a few weeks now (just ask woes)

Its called The Lion King Fandom and I'm ready to open it to the TLK Public!

I kinda got the idea after I realized that it would be nice to have a place where fan art can be archived right along side with fan fiction. Pretty much the TLK art megastore =P (for all mediums in-fact) moreover, I'm aiming for the DeviantArt of the TLK world.

*light comes on* in fact, I think I can make it to where even avatars, banners, wallpaper, and music videos can be uploaded and displayed.

Not such a bad idea since there is a Pride Point currency system in effect. You can pay someone in Pride Points for making a banner, avatar, or fan art/fic for you.. or not.. the choice is yours and the authors (this is a feature to come really soon! *see the changes log for the first release that I will post very soon)

So yeah.. The dA of the TLK world is the goal, and I'm really trying hard to put together all the proper coding to keep it running efficiently.

Please have a look:

The Lion King Fandom

Here is the change log for the first TLK public release, it has ideas and what is going to be implimented very soon!

--------------------------------
The Lion King Fandom
Version 1.0 -- Public Release *wee*

About it
The Lion King Fandom is a streamlined, fast, 100% FuzzyLKD coded Lion King fan art and fan fiction archive. This project has been in development for a few weeks now, of massive coding in fact! (just ask Woes, he hears me go nuts sometimes when my code is not working right for me)
Current Features
  • Integrated with the Prideland Passport (same as The Lion King Domain) login system and database. So if you are a Lion King Domain member, you have no need to register a new account at the Lion King Fandom.
  • Unlimited Categories for all members
  • Unlimited Files per user category
  • Unlimited upload space (no quota for members)
  • 1MB maximum file size for upload
  • No size (dimensions) restrictions
  • Comment System for members and guest
  • Pride Point reward system for members who want to contribute to a work by donating for viewings, comments.
  • 100% hand written code by FuzzyLKD, which means, I can change, edit, add anything I want, or whatever you suggest!
  • Many others, and many more to come

Engines/Systems in need of placement
  • Favorite Engine
    Be able to add/remove members and/or their works to your favorites section of the member page.
  • Profile Engine
    Be able to edit/create/view members profiles. Included will be a statement viewed on the category listing page created by the author.
  • Alert Engine
    Alerts when a users send comments/contribute pride points to a work.
  • Private Message Engine
    Speaks for itself really =P.
  • Art Trade Category Engine
    A Category just intended for works people dedicate to you, the works will show up on your Art Trade Category as well as the person who sent it, you must approve/validate them before they show up.
  • Art Request Engine
    A request engine where other users of the fandom can request art and set an ammount of pride points aside for the artist if they agree to complete the art. This may cause problems for users who accept a request to draw for another member but only to collect the pride points and then not do the request.
  • Work Search Engine
    A search engine for looking up work by title of the work
  • Small streamlined Message Board - not in depth
    A message board without advanced features.
  • A better file upload system
    The original system is a bit clouded but it works.
  • Work Edit Engine
    Yeah so you can add a file to the Fandom, but what if you want to change the name of the work or whatever!

Ideas to implement
  • Flexable arrangement of your own categories
  • Display the date submitted for a fandom work
  • more uses for pride points
  • add a work directly from the members page
  • delete a category directly from the members page
  • custom category images
  • move a work to another category / merge categories
  • a rating system with pride point rewards
  • needs to be subdomained to http://fandom.tlkob.com/ (i need to make sure i programmed all the links acordingly, and i know i didnt!)
  • a new Prideland Passport registration page so it can be done either at The Lion King Domain or directly on The Lion King Fandom (or any passport site for that matter)
  • add a guide on how to use the site
  • member avatar support

End of Log
Version 1.0 -- Public Release *wee*

And please, have a look, and some categories .. some works .. and give me ideas I will add them to this live log and if I impliment them I will give you credit!

And one more thing.. untill I can make everything work from the Member page, heres kinda a guide.. *adds adding a guide to the site to the list above!*

Register or Login:
If you have a Lion King Domain account you already have a passport account, you can use that information to login here too. If you dont have a Prideland Passport (even if you do) click the Passport Login link at the top of any page on The Lion King Fadom site (if you have an account you can login) then click Get Passport at the bottom of the form, it will take you to Lion King Domain register page, go ahead and register and find your way back to the site and login!

Add a Category:
Once you login you will be taken directly to the Member Page (you can get here from anywhere on the site from the top navigation bar, you can also close your passport there). From the member page just click Add Category. You can also click View my Fandom from the Member Page and it will take you to your public listing of categories, you wont have any.. but since you're logged in as you, you will have a button at the bottm (green circle with a pencil in it) this button will also allow you to add categories. Notice: your category will be added then close the popup and referch your listing page, it will then appear. You can also edit and delete categories with the icons that show up next to the categories.

Add a File (called a work) to the Fandom:
At this time you cannot do that from you Member Page.. but I'm going to work on that right after I finish this post. However you can still add a file!. From the member page click View my Fandom and click into a category at the bottom is the same icon used to add a category.. click that and add away!

Ok thats enought talking from me for now! I hope you all enjoy I have put so much work into this site, and its only the beggining!! The possibilities are endless, and thats where you come in!! Gimmie some ideas and I'll add 'em.. after all this is for all of you TLK peoples and stuffs!! (muhahahahaha I love being one of those!!)

LKD Out!