Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rhythm of the Pridelands

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Rhythm of the Pridelands

Sorry if theres been a previous topic about this album but...well I've not been around here long enough to see one so I'll start this one.

Ordered the Rhythm of the Pridelands CD yesterday, should have it next week sometime. I was just wondering how many of you have the album and what your thoughts on it are....

I've heard lots of good things about it anyway!

Also, a question for those that have it, is the version of 'He Lives In You' the same as the one that was used in SP or was that a new recording of the song?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Got it from a used music store, love it, has great Lebo M. songs on it, great drivin' music.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I burnt the music to a disc. The songs on the CD are awesome, I love all the Lebo M. songs on it too, especially TLST.

Btw, the HLiY track on the ROTPL CD is similar to the one used in SP apart from the longer verse. =)

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Re: Rhythm of the Pridelands

Originally posted by W-Eyed-Wanderer
    Sorry if theres been a previous topic about this album but...well I've not been around here long enough to see one so I'll start this one.

That's why every forum has a "search" button

I got mine, in a double CD. 2 cd's for the price of 1.
    (the English soundtrack + RotPL)

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah yeah I knew about the search button but theres gazillions of threads on here, I'd have been on all night....anyway there hasn't been a thread about this for a while!

It's quite interesting that Lebo M doesn't have any albums out other than the TLK soundtracks...a man with his talents you would have thought he'd be on his 5th album by now...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You could've downloaded it for free at www.pridelands.ru

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^ Isn't that illegal? I thought you could only download music like that for backup copies, but oh well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Darkslash
    Got it from a used music store, love it, has great Lebo M. songs on it, great drivin' music.
    Ditto! Best TLK cd out there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Sombolia
    ^ Isn't that illegal? I thought you could only download music like that for backup copies, but oh well.
    shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.............................

love the songs, great for relaxation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I like the African music on the CD. The lyrics and instrumental sounds are really wonderful.

I have an Enhanced CD that I bought from the Apple Macintosh section of the store.

The Music and Data disc has a quicktime clip of Lebo M. and Jimmy Cliff singing Hakuna Matata. This is the same clip that is on The Lion King SE DVD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I love that CD. My favorite tracks from it are Hakuna Matata, Kube, Lea Halalela (of course), Lala, Warthog Rhapsody (tickles me), and Noyana
    There might be one more I can't think of. I listened to Busa waaay too much a long time ago, and now it just gets boring so I don't listen to it often. Most of the other songs just don't do it for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I really liked the album too, got it fall of last year. It was really amazing the first time I listened to it--the African music was very original. After (many) repeated listenings I still enjoy it but it doesn't hold quite the same magic it did originally.

Just out of curiousity, does anybody on this forum own "Mannheim Steamroller Meets the Mouse"? It's a DVD-Audio surround disc with some Disney remixes. Wondering if it would be worth my $.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Some of my songs are Hakuna Matata, Lala, One By One, Noyana, Busa and The Lion Sleeps Tonight. I like just about every track on there though.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, it's a great CD. I love how they took a few of the songs off of ROTPL (Lala and Lea Halalela), created English lyrics for them and adapted them for the broadway musical... while still keeping the enchanting melodies. Very cool. I love every track on this CD with the exception of Warthog Rhapsody... just doesn't go well at all with anything else on the CD.

The He Lives in You track on this CD is pretty much the same one as Return to Pride Rock (TLK II soundtrack). The one from the movie is about 2 minutes shorter and has a big chunk of the chorus taken out of the middle. Still makes for a great opening scene, IMO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I bought it used off of e-bay a while back. It is a great cd. I like every song on it.

Thanks for the banner, Sombolia.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That's the news I was hoping to hear!

I really like HLiY in SP and was hoping it was the same in RotPL. Now I just have to wait for delivery....like waiting for paint to dry...oy...
    :metoo:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think acrylic paint dries fast.

Thanks for the banner, Sombolia.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have it and I love it! I bought it in a double CD pack with the special edition soundtrack. I think the only song that I don't really like is Kube! *shudders* dunno why but for some reason that song just gets to me. But other than that the songs are awesome. They are jsut so powerful and the african rhythms and lyrics are just amazing! I love to listen to it while I draw/colour
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by W-Eyed-Wanderer
    That's the news I was hoping to hear!

I really like HLiY in SP and was hoping it was the same in RotPL. Now I just have to wait for delivery....like waiting for paint to dry...oy...
    :metoo:
    Yeah, it took a while for this other CD that I ordered over the net to come. It took around 2 weeks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by King Simba
    Yeah, it took a while for this other CD that I ordered over the net to come. It took around 2 weeks.
    That's not all that bad. I've been waiting 6 weeks for a Deep Purple CD I ordered online. They shipped it just fine but the post office screwed up my mail forwarding, and nobody knows where it is now