Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who's Herard The Lion King in 5.1 in the Disney Enhanced Home Theatre Mix?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Who's Herard The Lion King in 5.1 in the Disney Enhanced Home Theatre Mix?

I know All of you have seen (maybe except a few). However, have you heard in 5.1 the Disney's Enhanced Home Theatre Mix on the Second Edition? If you haven?t you are not experiencing the fullness & the unforgettable experience of the great Audio Mix in 5.1.
    So whats your Take?

My Favorite parts in Surround Sound are the
    1.The Circle of Life Presentation
    2.The Stampeede (Very Sad)
    3.Hakuna Matata - Lifting up the log part (make you cringe)
    4.Can You Feel the Love Tonight (The Love in the air & the Beauty)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    We have 5.1, 2.0 and DTS.

And we can also just watch that special Disney sound thing.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have a 5.1 home theater in my house.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think we have a 4.1 Surround Sound although I'm not too sure. We have far too many TV's in our house, in different rooms.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    5.1 in my room for me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I got an optical cable for my PS2 a lil back...dunno if I've tried watchin TLK with the uber-sound yet tho...>.>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Shatara
    I got an optical cable for my PS2 a lil back...dunno if I've tried watchin TLK with the uber-sound yet tho...>.>
    I have one for my Xbox the games are seet. But watching TLK is great on there. Useing the optical cable is more acurate in the surround sound field testing i've done, that any of the other cables that are used.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've heard it and t sounds awesome. There wasn't a moment in the movie were you couldn't hear ONE speaker. In the Circle of Life sequence, when you see Zazu for the first time flying the whole soundfield explodes. Drums give the Sub a real workout and the African chorus surround you. The stampede is also great, you hear the wildebeest running from one speaker to another and Can You Feel The Love Tonigh will never sound better. All the songs will give your home thater a workout and the last third of the film never stays quiet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    7.2 here. Yeah baby, yeah!
    1240 watts if needed

Removed dead link

I'll say that the Disney Home Theater mix is quite a bit better than the regular 5.1 Dolby mix on the DVD. However, the stereo PCM mix on the Lion King laserdisc is also very powerful, and the surround is much better with ProLogic IIx than the original ProLogic.

Edit: I finally hit 100 posts!
    Last edited by soulImbibe; July 10th, 2014 at 05:33 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The whole thing

Surround sound increases every bit of immersion. It's like being there. *wants to hack up a stereo for 100.1 surround-ation sound*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ive got 5.1 system on my computer here

seen TLK using both Dolby Digital and DTS, and both are great

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just have 2.0....no subwoofer. It's still pretty good though, the stampede etc is great...and a personal favourite of mine is the little bit where Simba is running across the desert, the big crash at the start of that and the African chorus sounds great!

I always used to use the PS2 to play DVDs but I got a proper Samsung DVD player at Christmas and it made a huge difference to picture quality. Trust me, if you can avoid using the PS2 then do so, the colours....the textures...I wanna go watch it now!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Watched it in the Home Theatre Mix and it's amazing. I love the stampede but my favourite scene is the Circle of Life. It sounds like you were one of the animals heading to Pride Rock.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I reckon if you have a really good sound system, it can really change the way you feel about a movie. I have 5.1 THX certified speakers on my computer and a THX certified soundcard (which cost me a lot but i'm really happy with them), and movies (especially TLK) sound fantastic, and it really changes the experience. The Circle of Life in DTS is so powerful

I've watched movies on my computer before, and then gone and watched them on a normal stereo system, and they are usually nowhere near as involving when you don't have good sound. Eg. the nightclub scene in Collateral was absolutely great with good sound, but on normal speakers it really seems nothing special.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation Confusion With DTS & Dolby Digital

Some of you have been useing the
    [i]DTS[/B]
    But for your information is is not DTS Track on The Lion King Second Edition, or the Laser Disc eather. There is one one Type of format on that DVD, which is the Dolby Digital, there is no DTS on that DVD.
    It's all Dolby Digital, the standard mix in Dolby Digital, and the Enhanced Home theatre Mix that usese the Dolby Digital format.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    To Fear The Paw:

The United States Lion King DVD came with an Enhaced Home Theater Mix (Dolby Digital) but it was only for Region 1. All of the European LK releases came with a DTS track which I still don't understand why it wasn't included in the U.S release.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Confusion With DTS & Dolby Digital

Originally posted by Fear The Paw
    Some of you have been useing the

But for your information is is not DTS Track on The Lion King Second Edition, or the Laser Disc eather. There is one one Type of format on that DVD, which is the Dolby Digital, there is no DTS on that DVD.
    It's all Dolby Digital, the standard mix in Dolby Digital, and the Enhanced Home theatre Mix that usese the Dolby Digital format.
    The European edition has a DTS track...

Edit: Sorry, lolopimp, I guess we posted at the same time...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Whats this 'Disney Home Theatre Mix' thing?

As far as I can recall the European DVD only has two mixes - the standard version and the enhanced IMAX version.

Anyone care to clarify the situation?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have a $550 1000 watt 6.1 home surround system running off 2mm thick high definition fiber optic cables and Ultra high performance speaker wires that are really thick! also my 10" sub has a high defintion sub wire going to it. My dvd player is a High Definition Sony Progressive Scan player, I spare no expense when it comes to my surround sound in my room

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, you all have nothin' compared to my sound system...

Right below the TV screen I have two "integrated" 5"x3" pounding speakers, attached right to the TV plastic! They match right in. 2.0 surround sound! Tell ya what, it rocks the house.

/sarcam so thick ya need a knife