Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: what kinda car?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'd love to have a little Beetle car, yellow .... (Obsessed with them!
    But I have a white Audi right now ... Maybe I can get a Beetle in the future...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Originally posted by King Simba
    Yeah, that's the name. They're quite expensive though so I don't think I'll be able to afford one straight away.
    *hmm* not really that expensive (over here) ... I can't remember the actuall price though.
    I used to know them all.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by nathalie
    *hmm* not really that expensive (over here) ... I can't remember the actuall price though.
    I used to know them all.
    According to this site, Street Ka's in the UK are around ?9000 upwards.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I think I want a Honda Accord Hybrid, or maybe something that runs on water. (Apparently the technology already exists.) I don't think I could justify to myself buying an expensive car, but I've always liked BMW's.

Right now I've got a '03 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6, and a '05 Honda Civic that my dad's using.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    At the moment, my parents drive a 2001 Toyota Avensis. My sister has passed her test but my parents won't let her go on their insurance because they think the car is too big.

My mum was gonna get a small car for herself at one time. One problem, nowhere to park.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Xinithian

But, my parents refuse to allow me to buy a used car, so I'll have to get a Mini Cooper S.
    My Mom didn't want me to buy any car....but I told her...My Money, My Choice.....

So I have a DaeWoo...aka Stereo on Wheels....

I want a Ferrari....or a Lambourghini....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Ford GT-40 is the only car to ever enter the Le Mans races and named the name "Ferrari Killer". And even to this day, the new GT is is a "Ferrari Killer"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Man, just about everybody on here want's an italian "supercar." For me you can keep them, I'd take a muscle car any day of the week, cause they are cheap to fix, noisy as anything, and you can beat on them and not have a care about it, unlike one of those high dollar italian "supercars." Oh and one more thing about the idea of the P-51 motor in a '59 Caddy Eldorado, nice idea, but make sure you get the actual motor, cause it wasn't an allison, it was a Rolls Royce-Merlin 12 cylinder, and it had two variations, supercharged and non supercharged.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A ferrari
    haha.. or some other cool car

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Nalinda
    A ferrari
    You're not stealing my car, Woman!!!....

And even to this day, the new GT is is a "Ferrari Killer"
    ...Doesn't matter, the new Lambuorghini is the fastest thing on the road....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh and one more thing about the idea of the P-51 motor in a '59 Caddy Eldorado, nice idea, but make sure you get the actual motor, cause it wasn't an allison, it was a Rolls Royce-Merlin 12 cylinder, and it had two variations, supercharged and non supercharged.
    Allisons were used originally; made in Indianapolis, but underperformed at higher altitudes, so in the war cooperation effort the US made the planes and sent them to Britain, where Rolls put in their Merlins with higher horsepower and better thin-air management.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hmm, never knew that, all i have ever seen on shows about P-51's say they only used the Rolls-Merlin engine. Also, that's all my father can ever remember seeing or hearing for that matter, since he grew up near an airport that still had P-51's flying in and out after WWII. Only thing I can figure than is that the Allison was in the very early P-51's when they were still testing the design of it, because the ones you normally here about are not the original design, but the sleek beauty that it became.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by lion_roog
    ...Doesn't matter, the new Lambuorghini is the fastest thing on the road....
    Nope, the Enzo is the fastest street legal production car, if you go by Top Gear's results.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A tuned up Ford GT will leave the enzo in the dust. People and there High reving euro cars dont know what they are missing when you hear hte sound of a low looping idle of a straight piped V8.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Wolfman Jack
    Man, just about everybody on here want's an italian "supercar." For me you can keep them, I'd take a muscle car any day of the week, cause they are cheap to fix, noisy as anything, and you can beat on them and not have a care about it, unlike one of those high dollar italian "supercars." Oh and one more thing about the idea of the P-51 motor in a '59 Caddy Eldorado, nice idea, but make sure you get the actual motor, cause it wasn't an allison, it was a Rolls Royce-Merlin 12 cylinder, and it had two variations, supercharged and non supercharged.
    There's a difference though. The Ferraris and exotic cars will always be desired, gain price and are limited, whereas the muscle cars wont always be desired, depreciate in value and are common. There's also another element to supercars that make them supreme... sure, a modified car can beat it in performance, but it's the fact that you're getting first-class luxury, great performance and a rare and desirable car all in one that makes supercars better in my opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    One thing you forgot, muscle cars gain money everyday, especially since Barret-Jackson started really selling them. Last time I saw it the top selling car was a muscle car, to be exact a 1970 Plymouth Superbird. Right under that if I remember was like a 50's Buick. And really I wouldn't consider a Ferrari or Lambo exotic anymore, since they mass produce them. Also, if you own an exotic, how oftn are you really going to go out, and run the hell out of it. I mean honestly, how often do you see somebody take a Ferrai 360 down the 1/4-mile, never for me. A muscle car you can do that, and if something breaks, it can be fixed very cheap. Whereas, if you drive an exotic, you have to take it somewhere, and spend a couple thousand to get it fixed. For me doorslammers will always rule.

Oh and one more thing, last thing I heard, the Saleen S7 was the fastest production car, best part about that is that it's not an exotic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone ever heard of the Kruse Company, specializing in collector car auctions? Ever heard of the Auburn-Cord-Duesenburg Festval and Kruse Fall Auction in Auburn, Indiana? It's a mecca for car enthusiasts... largest auction for collector cars in the world, I think. Anyways, I go to it every year, just 20 mins. down the highway, and it's amazing.

http://www.kruse.com/auctions/aubfall05/index.asp

10,000 cars expected! *daydreams*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Wolfman Jack
    Last time I saw it the top selling car was a muscle car, to be exact a 1970 Plymouth Superbird. Right under that if I remember was like a 50's Buick. And really I wouldn't consider a Ferrari or Lambo exotic anymore, since they mass produce them. Also, if you own an exotic, how oftn are you really going to go out, and run the hell out of it. I mean honestly, how often do you see somebody take a Ferrai 360 down the 1/4-mile, never for me.

Oh and one more thing, last thing I heard, the Saleen S7 was the fastest production car, best part about that is that it's not an exotic.
    Top selling car? What do you mean by that? You mean fastest selling? Highest price (which it couldn't be)?

Mass produce them? What do you mean? They only make like 2000 cars, I'll get the actual production rates in a second when I find them.

Go out? People go out with exotics all the time... they go to clubs and meetings/gatherings with them. They drive them on most weekends. And if you mean drive it on the drag strip, that's not what supercars were designed for anyways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    When I mean top selling I mean in price. It beat out classic Ferrari's in price. I never said a "supercar" was designed for drag racing, I merely used that as an example. They make way more the 2000 cars anymore, unless it is the Enzo, which i know is limited run (still wouldn't have one myself, think it's pretty fugly). And yes I know they have track meets, but how often do you actually see somebody run a vintage Ferrari or somethin like it with the risk of puttig it into the wall. People with classic American cars do that. I was watching the Goodwood Festival of Speed on Speed channel, and a guy driving the HEMI Under Glass wheeled it and wrecked it and had no remorse of it knowing it could be fixed even though it is a very historical car here. But the guys driving the "exotics" and "supercars" just plotted along, even the ones in modern F1 cars. Also, since I read Hot Rod Mag I see a lot of other guys that do the same thing and go out and really beat on them. I see guys pushing classic Trans Am cars to the max all the time, sometimes with a resulting spin or trip to the wall, you don't see that with vintage "exotic" cars.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow 0,0 I just want...a car? Lol, whatever i can afford. I'm not very good at naming cars and stuff like that...i don't speak that lingo, lol xD But i want a nice looking car that's fast and gets good mileage.