Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: what kinda car?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Heh a "mint" 1970 Ford Mustang 429boss will sell for no less then $100,000.00.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Wolfman Jack
    When I mean top selling I mean in price. It beat out classic Ferrari's in price. I never said a "supercar" was designed for drag racing, I merely used that as an example. They make way more the 2000 cars anymore, unless it is the Enzo, which i know is limited run (still wouldn't have one myself, think it's pretty fugly). And yes I know they have track meets, but how often do you actually see somebody run a vintage Ferrari or somethin like it with the risk of puttig it into the wall. People with classic American cars do that. I was watching the Goodwood Festival of Speed on Speed channel, and a guy driving the HEMI Under Glass wheeled it and wrecked it and had no remorse of it knowing it could be fixed even though it is a very historical car here. But the guys driving the "exotics" and "supercars" just plotted along, even the ones in modern F1 cars. Also, since I read Hot Rod Mag I see a lot of other guys that do the same thing and go out and really beat on them. I see guys pushing classic Trans Am cars to the max all the time, sometimes with a resulting spin or trip to the wall, you don't see that with vintage "exotic" cars.
    There's NO way that could be the most expensive car. The Aston Martin DB4 Zagato was 3 Million dollars, and that wasn't even the most expensive car. I think the most expensive car was the 1955 Mercedes W196, selling for 24 million pounds. here's the article

Of course people aren't going to take a classic exotic out to the track... most of them are collectors anyways. They have other more fun cars to take to the track, and often buy cars that are simply made for the track. They could have a supercar for weekend cruising, but then a totally road-illegal car designed only for the track (like a modified Ultima GTR) that they race.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think Shelby Cobra's have sold for more, even though I know there's almost none left. I could be wrong though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Race Cobra's with little history go for around 700kand street ones for like 100 to 300k if they are real and correct(you can buy glass body replica's all day long). And when I said the Superbird was most expensive, I said for a specific auction, not overall. I said it was highest selling at Barret-Jackson. I saw when the highest selling car that ever rolled across the block at Barret-Jackson (this was a different auction)and it set a record. And no it wasn't a supercar, or even an Aston for that matter, it was a 1954 Oldsmobile Rocket 88 concept that sold for over 3 mill. And really that's my point, all they do is let the car sit in their garage or what-have-you, basicly sealed up never to hit the road again. That is why I have my opinion that muscle cars are better in every way. There is only one private collector that I consider a car guy, and that is Jay Leno. he actually drives all his cars and bikes, usually a different one everyday. He even drives his Stanley Steamer, a very rare find anymore. Also, he has gotten caught for doing over 70 in one of his 30's Dusenburgs. This just goes to show nomatter what the car is it is meant to be driven, even if they only made a few of them. I see less vintage Trans Am, NASCAR, and Dragsters than I do of vintage exotics, that should tell you something. So I stand by my opinion that a muscle car or a classic car from here in America creams an exotic any day of the week, even if the whole thing is only held together with chewing gum and duct tape.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by lion_roog
    [B]You're not stealing my car, Woman!!!....
    Noo, I wont steal it!
    I'd borrow it Or go with uu!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Nalinda
    Or go with uu!
    ...Could you handle going with me???....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ...Could you handle going with me???....
    Of course.. Since I know how to handle men

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Of course.. Since I know how to handle men
    ...Well, you have yet to meet someone as crazy as me...I am untamable!!!..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ...Well, you have yet to meet someone as crazy as me...I am untamable!!!..
    Great! I can tame you since I know I can beat you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Wolfman Jack
    Race Cobra's with little history go for around 700kand street ones for like 100 to 300k if they are real and correct(you can buy glass body replica's all day long).
    Some people don't know this, but the original Cobras were British cars with ford V8 engines. They were based on the old AC Ace.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have a 1990 Buik regal... I can't wait for it to fall part. I love older cars, cars from the late 80's. So another Buik or another Mustang (My brother just sold his '89 )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I want a 1999 Nissan Skyline GT-R R34.

Also wouldn't mind owning a nice DeLorean. *nods*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by John

Also wouldn't mind owning a nice DeLorean. *nods*
    I wouldn't. Unless if you modify it, the 0-60 rate is 10 seconds! Also, I hear that the reliability on those are bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nothing can beat the Rocket Car!....I could just see myself cruising to Phoenix at 500mph....

Great! I can tame you since I know I can beat you
    ...I would like to see you try and tame me!!!....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There is no tame animal, only trained.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Xinithian
    I wouldn't. Unless if you modify it, the 0-60 rate is 10 seconds! Also, I hear that the reliability on those are bad.

Really? That doesn't do me no good then...I guess I was hooked on it because of it being made mostly of stainless steel.

I also heard something about replacement parts being a real pain in the butt to get a hold of, or maybe not...don't know for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Xinithian
    yup and the only one worth buying is in the Future , I can't believe those are V6 cars!!!

People thought they were ugly back when they first came out, I mean a car with no paint?