Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A TLK Game Project.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This thread should be moved to the Savannah since it's talking of a TLK game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Gah, five people have told me to put it five places

I'd like it to be moved though, it'll get more hits somewhere else, and we need all the volunteers we can get

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I dunno nothin' about game programming...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Then come try to learn some stuff. Modeling isn't that hard, we can teach ya

I'm still learning a lot and I'm having fun with it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Guys, WE NEED 3d GRAPHIC ARTISTS . No matter if you're beginner in these programmes. There are two criterions: You must be decided and demanding .

We also need PROGRAMMERS. If you know any programmer, who would be interested in making the game, programming a completed engine, please warn them about this opportunity!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Welcome to Lea Zoltan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, I've seen him around on TLKFAA and The Majilisi a lot. Hey Zoltan. :kovusmile

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ZOLTAN! -attacks- Welcome to Lea dude =3

*cough* Yes.. we need that stuff like Zoltan said, he's working on the project too ^^;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've gotten the basics of OGRE and am starting to program.
    I just need to know how ya guys expect the game interface to be.
    Some stuff i've already done:
    - 1st and 3rd person camera modes, 3rd person fixed camera mode
    - Freelook camera with mouse
    - Basic movement (walk- W,S,A,D, hold shift- run, jump- to be added soon)
    - Terrain collision (i.e.: character walks on terrain, not through it)

More stuff can be added very easily, OGRE is awesome.
    I don't mind being the only programmer (if none others can be found), i work well alone, and i know i can get this done. The only problem's that school's started for me, and my 'A' levels prelim exams are coming in 9 weeks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Awesome Kovu!

I'm really pleased, the project's really starting to take off... and to think, it was first a stupid musing. ^^;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey here guys. oh geez, we should steal some of those smilies .... :Ooo:

ok, just kidding!... I'll shot them myself

It's great, that the project has ya, Kovu! I've added you to the dev site's developer list.
    plus I've made an account for you.

There's another programmer, FuzzyLKD, but now he has other things he must deal with, so the soonest he could be back is in one and half months.

Ah, and please give me your MSN address.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    How long doi you think it will take to make this cause i like the sounds of it... soz i have no skill in computer art graphics design, and stuff like that. plus this computer is jammed with problems so, :E

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Due to the temporary unavailability of the Majilisi, which will be dealt with as soon as humanly possible, this thread can server as the Developer's Lair.

@Kovu: Great to hear Think we can go ahead and get some scenery models in ASAP and see how they look? They probably won't be textured, if they are, it'll be from my digital camera and the rocks in our driveway, but I figured it'd be good to give the developers something to see; you know, to make sure people know that we aren't just sitting here talking with no action being taken.

Another question: Does OGRE support sub-divisions? Kinda like poly's, but a bit different? Also, do we have to do anything to make a model solid, or does the engine to that for us?

@Hanshilo: We don't really have a time-frame set up for completion, we're just focussed on getting moving right now. It is a game though and it won't be a weekend project, it'll take months or longer; but we'd be happy to have anyone we can get

Unfortunately, I won't have my computer containing some models back before the end of the week, so I stayed up the last two nights redoing a lion model; it should be done by saturday evening. It's made completely of NURBS, but it's easily convertable to poly's. As a side note, do we want the lion's mouth able to move (part of the model), so that i can talk, snarl, etc... or do we want it to be solid and the mouth simulated with a texture. The current lion model I'm doing has the mouth and nose as part of the model, and it's fairly complex for a game engine, but I made sure to add the history of the mouth and nose so I can undo it easily.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was thinking, since we don't know now how long the Majilisi's gonna be down, should we set up a temporary forum in it's place? By the looks of it the monthly fee hasn't been paid, since lkd.com is down too...

But on-topic, looking good, pnt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Let me answer before Kovu.

Ogre won't decrease the poly number of our objects so we must make it lowpoly as much as we can.

Anyway I've just checked out my old X-men Rogue model. Its head is built up from 1500 faces, but I wasn't bothered by face limits that time, so I let myself to make it more detailed. So I guess that proves that we can make lion faces that can show the expressions we want, with less then 1200 polys for a head, and with more then 1800 polys for the body. < I love these smilies :Ooo:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Guys, just thought I'd tell you that your site is down because LKD can't pay the bill at the moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I figured that's what happened.. =/

I've set up a temporary Majilisi on proboards, and if it's okay pnt, we can use it until kopr.com comes back up.

http://majilisi.proboards50.com

I had to make the pride's sections categories instead of boards, because that was the only way to limit access. xP And the delevoper's lair is password based, so once you join, I can PM the password to you...

Whaddya think, pnt?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    We'll use the temporary forum provided by Sombolia for now

The forum should be up by this weekend, everything's being taken care of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Do anyone know here how oer where could we contact (one of) the Pride Rock's designer(s)?

Anyway the queston is : which part of the Pride Rock is the sunbathing-place located at? (we can see it in the scene, when Simba calls Nala to accompany him to the Elephant Graveyard.

Any ideas? I have two, but that's too much:Ooo:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    pnt - yay!

Zoltan - I didn't think the sunbathing place was on Pride Rock.. hmm. Perhaps I should watch the movie again.... it didn't look like it was on Pride Rock..