Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Come Home...Disneyland's 50th Anniversary Homecoming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Come Home...Disneyland's 50th Anniversary Homecoming

Disneyland, Walt Disney's original Happiest Place On Earth, is turning 50 years young on July 17th, 2005!
    50TH

This is a worldwide 18-month celebration that will spark new attractions, shows, and parades in Disney parks around the globe- even a brand new park, Disneyland Hong Kong, will be introduced in China later this year!

The festivities officially begin on May 5th. But the festivities are already beginning. Disneyland park here in Anaheim is really sprucing up with preparations for the "Happiest Homecoming On Earth," as fresh coats of paint, brand new attractions, and a whole lot of sparkling gold trim are being unveiled one by one.

Huge murals will showcase literally thousands of photos of park guests in photomosaics, called the Happiest Faces On Earth. Here is one I spotted in Adventureland that you might find interesting...

Sleeping Beauty Castle will look superb, with ornate crowns and jewels to decorate her turrets and towers!

A new innovative firework spectacular is already being tested after park hours! The show is more elaborate and longer than any Disneyland firework presentation ever, with a new flight by Tinker Bell and special shells to re-enact favorite attractions, such as laser effects for Star Tours and bomb fireworks fired between the castle and the Matterhorn for Pirates of the Caribbean.

New attractions are coming on the way for Disneyland, too. Already open is Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters, an interactive dark ride in space where young and old space cadets alike can shoot laser guns at targets to defeat the Evil Emperor Zurg. The effects are amazing- you feel like you are submersed in a video game.

Lastly, a new parade is being introduced at Disneyland called Walt Disney's Parade of Dreams. Just yesterday some filming was being done of a few of the floats- here is a sneak peek of my particular favorite!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Awesome 2 Die FR! I need to go back there, the last time I was there was 6 years ago... long time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've beent o Disney World, but never Disneyland.

Interesting topic buddy =)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hehehe, that'll be just a couple weeks after I move to Florida, guess I better make plans to drive over to Orlando to see it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    2 Die FR is our Disneyland expert! Thanks for all the cool pictures and info! TLK float makes me think of the TLK parade Disneyland had in 1994! (Although the new one is a little different)

Well I am going to be going to Disneyland soon, sometime next week with STM, LKD and Woes. But that's before May 5. But I am going back there in the summer with my mom and sister. That way we can stay longer at the park and I can see all the new stuff!

Oh I can't wait, I get all excited when I go to Disney parks.

And do you know what this means? Hopefully some new TLK merchandise... I better bring a lot of money with me when I got to Disneyland.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ophhh, awsome float

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I love living 15 minutes from Disneyland :nukasm: I'm so there.. hehe.. did any of you see Adolescent Simba in the last parade they had?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Awesomeness. I want to go back to Disneyland sometime, the closest one for me is in Paris. I did go to the one in Florida though.

Anyways, I did see a Disney parade whilst I was there and unfortunately I can't remember seeing anything relating to TLK for some reason. My mum did take some photos and stuff though.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Awsome to see TLK back in the mix of things right here at my home Disneyland! Thanks for the info 2 Die FR!! And yay *weeeeeeee* Sharifu!! only a few more days!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yes! I hope one of you guys will have a camera... We should take pics.
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    haha i wish i with you guys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    More pictures of the Lion King float...

Simba and Nala are both elaborate audio animatronics. Their movements are fluid and lifelike. Nala nods to the crowd, and Simba shakes his head and moves his front paws to face different directions. Very slick.

Here are a few pics I found online...
    Nala's lookin' sassy!
    Oh I just can't wait to see this
    The floats are extremely detailed
    Pumbaa just swings all day
    The site says this part of the float expands during the parade stop and will feature "Spanish web dancers." Don't ask me what that means lol

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Omg wow, you are awesome 2 Die FR! I think it's so cool how you have such a passion for the Disney parks.

Cool pictures! I definitely have to go back to Disneyland in the summer to see this!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Sharifu
    I think it's so cool how you have such a passion for the Disney parks.
    There's something magical about Disney parks. Everything is so clean, fresh, new, and very smile-inducing. The parks are the next step past the animated movies to finalize the illusion of a fantasy turned into reality. The magic is real. And I am a firm believer. It's something like a hobby to stand back and appreciate what Disneyland can do, and I can't think of a place more worthy for the attention!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Oh I totally agree... The Disney parks are magical... They just don't compare to other theme parks. It's just not the same feeling. I can't wait to see California Adventure, it's a new park to me, a new experience! Oh and I can't wait to see that animation thing you and Brad have told me about there!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    w00t! 50th! We should have an online party!

Shanghai is jealous of Hong Kong...
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/3266307.stm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ah, yes, Disneyland Hong Kong...
    Set to be unveiled in September 2005
    Wow...So Shanghai's jealous, eh? Well I'm not too surprised, to be honest. Who wouldn't want a Disney park to benefit from? I dunno if Disney will actually follow through, like it says in the article, the two Chinese parks might make too much competition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think I brought up an older article... this would be the right one...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/2137993.stm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    *cries* i wanna go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

very cool float!

Disney is amazing, everything is perfect, every detail in place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Sombolia
    I love living 15 minutes from Disneyland :nukasm: I'm so there.. hehe.. did any of you see Adolescent Simba in the last parade they had?
    Why, yes, I did see him in fact...

Young Simba was an audio animatronic in that parade too. Simple movements, kinda nodded and winked, but it was obviously fake. Cute, though.

That was in the Parade of the Stars, Disneyland's last parade. Pretty floats, gold leaf, cloud-ish, but done on a very small scale and it ran for over four years. Thank goodness that parade is being replaced, Disneyland desperately needs to blow some new life to their street performances.

Cool Sombolia, I live real close to D-Land myself!
    Or was that obvious?