Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 53 of 111 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 2210

Thread: Looking for TLKoB midis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by HasiraKali
    Tomorrow. And where did you get the picture in your new avvie?
    It came from the Lighting design footage from the 1998 Tony Awards, when Donald Holder is explaining the concepts he used for the show. The clip is available on lionking.org and a few other places on the web, I'm sure most everyone here has seen it. As far as I know this is the only time it (the mask) has been shown on TV or any media source, please correct me if I'm wrong. And I love everyone else's TLKOB avatars also, very cool!

And thanks for taking the trouble to upload the Leno clip for us, Hasira_Kali!!! I missed that the first time around, it will be a treat to watch. Have a great time tomorrow (of course you will) and Get your you-know-what to the stage door!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Lion_King_300
    It came from the Lighting design footage from the 1998 Tony Awards, when Donald Holder is explaining the concepts he used for the show. The clip is available on lionking.org and a few other places on the web, I'm sure most everyone here has seen it. As far as I know this is the only time it (the mask) has been shown on TV or any media source, please correct me if I'm wrong. And I love everyone else's TLKOB avatars also, very cool!

And thanks for taking the trouble to upload the Leno clip for us, Hasira_Kali!!! I missed that the first time around, it will be a treat to watch. Have a great time tomorrow (of course you will) and Get your you-know-what to the stage door!
    I will. My sister is literally dragging me and like I told Zaya, my dad said he isn't picking me up until I do it. I guess he's tired of listening to me

I remember that footage and I was so mad because the day before the Tony's my VCR broke and we couldn't get a new one. Are they all available on LK.org? I haven't really looked for them I guess.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    http://www.disney.co.uk/MusicalTheat...ry-acttwo.html

there's a pic of the mask part on this page...really tiny, but that's really the only pic I know of...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Here's one from the Netherlands.

And an OBC shot.

Oh and for fun, the mask from Simba's Nightmare.

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    d..n girl, you have like everything...do you have any pics of the original LA cast, or the London cast from these days, or something

btw. how many times have you seen the show then ?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I have some of the LA cast. A lot of the stuff isn't labeled since they're used on news sites and stuff so it's hard to tell who a lot of people are.

I've seen the show 4 times, once on Broadway and 3 times so far here. I'm going again tomorrow night

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Aha! So then I'm still leading with 6 so far bwahahaha

Aw...unrecognizable LA cast..would do

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Here's an LA pic. I put a link because it's too big to post here.
    http://thesellingpoint.net/images/lk...nniversary.jpg

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh yes yes, I know that one, Brian's the first guy in front, saw that, went crazy

was like...wait a minute ...I know you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow Amanda you do have all the rarest TLKOB pix!

Where did you get the 3rd pic of "Simba's Nightmare?"

Sorry I typoed earlier, I meant lionking.net instead of .org, here's a direct link for you:

Broadway Musical info

The mask is featured at the closing of Julie Taymor's book "Pride Rock on Broadway" now that I remember it, but I still don't think it has been shown on TV or video, besides the Tony Awards broadcast I linked to.

I guess that's a good thing, IMHO it's the best and most meaningful part of the play when Mufasa's ghost talks to Simba during that song... sends shivers down my spine just thinking about it! I seriously would pay the price of the ticket just to see COL and that scene, call me crazy!

As for seeing the show, I'm currently tied with you Zaya at 6 times myself, but I've also seen it in four different states over the period of about a year:

Twice in Seattle, WA December/January 2004-2005 (Front MEZZ row G, ORCH row V)

(lost my TLKOB virginity on December 9th, 2004, bought my sister a ticket for her 16th birthday, says it was the best birthday present she could have received )

Once on Broadway June 2005 (Front MEZZ 3rd row, these were AWESOME seats)

Twice in Portland, OR September 2005
    (ORCH row Y, ORCH row Q)
    With Starlioness and Sharifu the first time, and with 2 of my friends the second time

Once in San Jose, CA February 24, 2006
    (ORCH row B, thanks Audra!)
    With Sharifu and Vidan to celebrate my 20th Birthday!

But I think Hasira_Kali will pass both of us because I think she said she plans to see it seven times in San Antonio
    :nukawha:

I do regret not being able to see it at the Lyceum though when I went to London for a tour of Britain last June, the show was all sold out on the last day of our trip, which was the only day we could see it

I really wanted to see the London cast that everyone had been raving about, but at least I was able to get some pics and a few souvenir flags outside the theatre as some consolation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Aw a shame you didn't see the London cast...I like must have seen it in all different combinations

So here's my life story (scroll down if you don't want to read all of it, haha)

First time last year February (yeah, a bit late but I had to actually get to London first) saw it with like the best cast ever and it will allways be the best performance for me...Gugwana Dlamini was Rafiki then...yeah and I had the worst seats ever (all the way up on the second balcony) cause that was all I could get. Then I went to the theatre next day however and a man sold me his stalls (it was row L i think) ticket for 10 pounds!!! The cast was all changed and there was like a bunch of understudies that day, but I did see the same Nala and Simba.

Then I had an amazing 2nd row tick. for 7th July 2005, surely I couldn't use that *tears*, but went to see the play again next day.

November 2005 was, like I was told before, really not that great, and there was a not really convincing Nala understudy wich made the whole acting thing go on poor Simba boy. But it's lion king, it's always amazing

The last time was this February (finally went to see it with a friend again, cause I was usually alone, tho I always manage to sit next to some friendly people who talk and ask and want to go to the stage door with me after the show)

So can't wait for August (I think I'll go see it some time sooner too anyway) cause alot of the cast changed recently

I really only got to see the same Simba all the time

wow..I write too much, who's gonna read that...let me shorten it a bit

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Lion_King_300
    lost my TLKOB virginity on December 9th, 2004
    Hehe, TLKoB virginity, that's still so funny to me.

Originally posted by Zaya
    wow..I write too much, who's gonna read that...let me shorten it a bit
    I did! Really you don't write too much. I like reading long posts, especially about TLKoB.

Hmm well compared to you guys, saying I've seen TLKoB four times doesn't sound like very much. Well even when I wanted to buy tickets for San Jose, my mom said, "You're going to see that show again?!" I didn't tell her I'm seeing in London this August... XD

I don't know if I posted where and when I saw the TLKoB, but it was always the US touring cast, and all the same one. (I believe there is two traveling US casts.)

I first saw the show in San Francisco, California, on September 18, 2004, with my mom and sister.

Second time was in Sacramento, California on May 21, 2005, and I saw it with STM.

Third time was in Portland, Oregon on September 13, 2005 with Lion_King_300 and Startlioness.

Four was in San Jose, California on February 24, 2006 with Lion_King_300, Vidan and Muruwa. (She's been a friend of mine for over 10 years, but she's not too well known on Lea)

But yeah I look forward to seeing it in London.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Haha, my mum does the same...I don't think she knows how many times I've seen it but she assured me she's coming to visit me in London in summer just to see what the heck is it with this musical and this guy

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    So she hasn't seen TLKoB?

Well my mom does like TLKoB... She did see it with me the first time, but our seats really weren't that good. She really wanted to see TLKoB again in San Jose when her boyfriend (now ex boyfriend) paid for the tickets. I got the tickets for them, (he paid me back) and I got them really good ones too! That didn't work out though since their relationship didn't last. Oh well.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    aw...a shame...no my mum hasn't seen it yet...cause I always "run" away to London by myself but she did pay for two of my tickets like...go see it, I know you want to

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My mother saw it for the first time last year when i was in it, and then again here. She cried during Circle of Life.

"it was just so amazing and breath taking!"
    "...you know, it would have made more since if you had cried the FiRST time you saw it. Ya know, the show where i was actully in the first number?!"
    "You're so selfesh!" ::still crying::

My ma's insane lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Haha mums what part did you play?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i was in it four times. Zazu one, Timon twice, then i was a tech intern as the lighting designer. (i only got to run the board once or twice but i was backstage every show.)

So it was really odd to see it here, because i'd never actully SEEN the show *GASPETH*. Only been in it in some form. But i think maybe doing the show before sitting in the audiance for sure made me appreciate it more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    hmmm...what do you do if you're backstage as zazu then? Sorry me just curious

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No, what i meant is when i was doing tech work, i was the lighting designer. BUT i only actully did the lights and worked the lighting board a few times when the actully lighting person wasn't able to make a show. BUT i did get to be backstage and hang out during the show. But only the show that i did tech. Not the other 3. LOL