Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 40 of 111 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for TLKoB midis

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Sharifu
    Well I actually checked the touring cast for Phantom and I haven't seen any coming near my area. Maybe someday I'll go to New York, and if I do I'll see some musicals while I'm there.
    Phantom probably won't be going to Cali anytime soon. They're opening an extremely shortened version in Las Vegas this spring. It's going to be 90 minutes... which I don't see how they're going to do that. The show is 2 hours and 15 minutes. What are they going to cut?

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Roku
    I want to see it SOOOOO bad....but I can't!!!
    Why not? Where do you live?
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by HasiraKali
    Phantom probably won't be going to Cali anytime soon. They're opening an extremely shortened version in Las Vegas this spring. It's going to be 90 minutes... which I don't see how they're going to do that. The show is 2 hours and 15 minutes. What are they going to cut?
    That's just wrong... there's nothing you can cut out!! It's impossible... it's all so great and awesome... *wants to see it again*
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'd like to go see it sometime, though I have to find someone special who would want to go see it with me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Lion_King_300
    Actually the show is 2 hours 45 minutes including a ten-minute intermission - so that'd be just about cutting the show in half - not possible!

Where did you hear this information about TLKOB going to Las Vegas, Hasirakali? I did some extensive searching and couldn't find anything about it. It is interesting that TLKOB has never been to Las Vegas, but it's not like that city needs any attractions, there are so many shows there already, and Vegas isn't exactly a family-oriented city!

If it really is 90 minutes then it must have gone through some major retooling or reworking of the story...
    I was talking about Phantom of the Opera. Sorry for not being specific enough. There are no plans to butcher TLK is such a way thank heavens.

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Hehe I knew she was talking about Phanton, since before that sentence she said about Vegas, she said, "Phantom probably won't be going to Cali anytime soon."
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was talking about Phantom of the Opera. Sorry for not being specific enough. There are no plans to butcher TLK is such a way thank heavens.
    Oh yeah, lol, you're right *breathes a sigh of relief* I didn't read the word 'Phantom' I just assumed that everyone would be talking about TLKoB

@Kintaru: Pick me, pick me!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    *Picks Azerane* Hehehe, well it looks like we have a winner! If you can get here, I'll be more than happy to take ya.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah... if I can get there... heh. You really must see TLKoB though, it's dissapointing you missed it in Philly... I think I remember you saying it was going there after you were leaving.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, right after I move they finally tour in Philly. What kinda crap is that? Hehehe.

And I'm sure you can make it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Maybe when you go back to visit you can go an see it, if it's still on, it should be though, it was running in Sydney for a long time and it's still running in Melbourne and that's been going since July and is gonna go into next year.

Hehe, yeah, hopefully.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Has it been mentioned that TLK is moving in New York? From the New Amsterdam to the Minskoff? If it has been mentioned, ignore me. I'm musing.

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Where are you going to see it? Phantom tickets on tour and even Broadway aren't really that hard to get, especially if you go alone. Just remember, when something is listed as "Sold out" it might not actually be. More than likely it just means that there are single seats throughout the theater but nothing together.

Pennsylvania. It's playing at the Benedum, I believe, and I wouldn't be concerned about, but it's playing during the holiday stretch, so the good seats tend to go fast during that time period. I dunno. Hopefully, I can grab them. I just have to remember to get a moment to call the box office.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Melbourne show just released alot of tickets with the last show scheduled for 21May 2006. The majority of the tickets for that performance were allocation exhausted so It seems as though that will be the last show. Probably all reserved for the VIP's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Has it been mentioned that TLK is moving in New York? From the New Amsterdam to the Minskoff? If it has been mentioned, ignore me. I'm musing.
    Oh that is a little saddening to hear! We'll all miss that huge billboard in Times Square... the New Amsterdam was just incredible looking inside, the sound and acoustics was so good in there! Anyone that hasn't seen TLKOB in the theatre it was meant to be shown it better get their tickets quick before the show leaves! I'm planning to go to New York on December 14-15 to try out for Who Wants to be a Millionaire and while I'm there I will be sure to see TLKOB one last time at the New Amsterdam! From things I've read and photos I've seen the Minskoff is a bit smaller and not as ornate inside as the New Amsterdam, about 100 seats smaller. TLKOB is still pretty much selling out every night too so this is quite a surprise.

Guess Disney finally figured it was time for a change... but I doubt Mary Poppins will achieve anywhere near the status that TLKOB has on Broadway, even with it's el primo location.

I don't think it has been mentioned HasiraKali and I sure as heck didn't know. Thanks for the news!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I think they figure that the audience TLK has will follow it wherever it goes. I know I would if I lived in NYC. But I really don't understand the move since they spent so much money making the theater fit the show instead of the other way around. Also, the Minskoff has a history of first run flops. And you know how theater folk can be. Maybe they're superstitious and don't want to jinx Mary Poppins before it even opens. TLK has already proven itself so the theater really won't make a difference.

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That's weird. Wouldn't it cost much less money to just install Mary Poppins at the Minskoff (only one installation), than to have to install TWO shows (both Mary Poppins and TLKoB) at different theatres?

I see HasiraKali's theory; but I'm just curious if anyone has read Disney's explanation of why they would pay for two installations when they easily could have just paid for one.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I don't think Disney has made an explanation yet. It really doesn't make much sense. I guess they figure that the New Amsterdam is already pretty equiped to handle a show like that. So they'd be doing one big renovation either way. Who knows.

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just got back from the Spokane, WA show, and it was absolutely superb. I'll post a write-up tomorrow: for now, I'm catching some sleep!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That's great Bahati, glad you enjoyed it, quite a trip for you from western Oregon!

I'm curious as to any differences/changes you noticed from the Portland production if there were any you can remember, and maybe any differences in the theatres themselves. Look forward to hearing from you.