Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 100 of 111 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 2210

Thread: Looking for TLKoB midis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ahaha, nooo, It's because I'd be a visitor too since I'm not working there anymore...and a crew employee is allowed to have two visitors for a backstage tour. A cast employee isn't allowed to have anybody for that matter, LOL.

But you're making a point the HK, hahaha

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Aww Zaya, why couldn't you do that last summer? (Although Brian wasn't there that night) But still I would absolutely love to go on a TLKoB backstage tour...
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Here's an interesting TLKoB related article from Playbill.com

The Lion King Recording Jumps Up on Billboard Cast Albums Chart
    By Ernio Hernandez
    20 Sep 2007

The cast recording of The Lion King roars up the Billboard's Top Cast Album chart to place fourth on the countdown.

Decca Broadway's Wicked continues to remain atop the chart, a position it has held since the chart's debut in January 2006. Rhino's Jersey Boys and Mamma Mia! (also on Decca) are right behind.

Walt Disney's The Lion King, which jumps three spots from last week and Decca Broadway's Spring Awakening round out the top five.

Ghostlight Records' The Drowsy Chaperone re-enters the chart at No. 14. Entries from last season, Legally Blonde (Ghostlight Records), Mary Poppins (London cast on Walt Disney) and Curtains ( Broadway Angel/Manhattan) also appear on the chart.

Along with Wicked, the cast recordings of Mamma Mia!, Monty Python's Spamalot and Avenue Q have remained on Billboard's Top Cast Album Chart for the full 90 weeks since the chart's inception.

Legally Blonde recently joined the company of those that have unseated the release of Stephen Schwartz's Wicked, which has topped the chart for 81 of the 90 weeks the chart has been published. The only other recordings to topple the stronghold are Spring Awakening, the Columbia Records two-disc "Harry On Broadway" release (with Broadway's The Pajama Game revival and selections of Connick, Jr.'s Thou Shalt Not) and The Color Purple for one week each. Jersey Boys enjoyed a four-week run at No. 1 following its Tony win and also reclaimed the top spot the week of Feb. 8.

Billboard added the Top Cast Albums chart to its listings Jan. 12, 2006. The chart measures sales of albums from stage musicals. Broadway recordings mostly fill the 15-slot table, but cast albums from other locales are also eligible. The addition of the chart to Billboard's 112 charts generates exposure for the genre which does not often chart on the Billboard 200. The Schwartz musical, which opened on Broadway in October 2003 (album released Dec. 16, 2003) appeared at the top of the first chart.

Billboard can be found on the web at www.billboard.com. Full charts are available by subscription at www.billboard.biz.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Lion King opened in France tonight. I'm on the lookout for photos. I'm thinking there might actually be a cast recording for this cast.

http://www.leroilion.fr/ It looks like all of the photos on the site are from the German production.

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    French photo.

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    .. i just have to add this cuz im so excited that its only 11 days left till ill see the show myself finally ..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey that's great Kiara!!! I'm so excited for you, I know you've been waiting a very long time. I still remember my first time seeing TLKoB and I hope it's just as magical and memorable for you. Seeing it at the Lyceum in London, right?

FINALLY the French production opened! I would be just shocked if they didn't release a cast album, most likely it's already out and available at the Mogador theatre gift shop.

To celebrate the opening of the Le Roi Lion, here's a link to an audio version (mp3) of the beautiful Il Vit en Toi (He Lives in You) music video that I converted so you can put it onto an ipod or burn onto a CD.

Features the current cast members:

Zama Magudulela as Rafiki, Jee-L as Mufasa, J?r?my Fontanet as Simba, and various ensemble members.

Il Vit en Toi

(Right-click and "Save link as")

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Sweet!

Hey Tim, where have you beeeeeen?! How's it going?

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Lion_King_300
    Seeing it at the Lyceum in London, right?
    Kiara is seeing the show in New York.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by HasiraKali

Hey Tim, where have you beeeeeen?! How's it going? [/B]
    I'm doing great!!! It's 3:30 AM and I just got home from work (I had a very very good night )

Otherwise I just started my final quarter at the University of Washington finishing up my journalism degree and I'm taking a full load of classes so I'm pretty busy.

After I graduate in a couple months I'm planning a trip go see TLKOB at one of the touring cities - haven't chosen exact dates yet - and I'm going to try catch performances on at least two nights and make arrangements to interview some of the actors and crew as well. I'll write a couple articles and freelance a bit and see where that goes.

I applied for a PR internship with Walt Disney World starting in January, officially titled "Media Relations" so if I can somehow land that job I can set my foot in the door and hopefully get a chance to do some PR work for Disney Theatrical as well - or more specifically TLKoB which would be my DREAM job!

I hope everything's going well with you too - I remember you saying you're going back to school soon?

I should probably stay on topic here, but at least send me a PM!

----------

YAAAAY Kiara you're be at the Minskoff Theatre! I totally wasn't even aware you're leaving next week for New York - shows how much I follow what people are doing around here :woeisme:

I'm excited for you, as *cough*Hasira_kali*cough* would say, that you're finally losing your TLKoB virginity!

It will be worth the wait, and be sure to set aside some money to get souvenirs at the gift shop!

----

And Amanda that new avvy is SO COOL!!! I'm going to change mine soon, I'll try do something a little different too. That ghost mask is starting to creep me out a bit.

And I probably shouldn't be spoiling what it looks like to TLKoB virgins, since that is my favorite scene in the whole show.

And HLIY reprise is still leading the poll in this thread too, still holding a slight lead on CoL!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    uhm, yea thats right, im going to NY on friday the 12th, seeing TLKoB the 17th 8pm Thanks for telling Audra, i totally forgot this thread ^^;

I have no idea what theatre it is, Shat hasnt print out tickets yet or told me where it is but is there more than one theatre? .. I looked up on Google and found a Lyceum in NY as well ..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    You might get to see Wallace! I haven't been able to find out exactly when he's starting on Broadway, but I know he's not on the tour anymore. I hope you enjoy the show.

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Kiara enjoy the show to the max! Tell us all about it afterwards, we're always glad to hear it

And yeah, the french one officialy opened on Thursday, I hope I'll be able to get hold of some tickets soon and a signed program ( I was invited for the opening night and party but couldn't make it because it's still quite far away from home... and my wallet won't permit it... But I heared it was amazing, Rafiki was jawdroppin, so was Mufasa...I'm not sure how Simba was

Will keep you posted if I get something new on that

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I find this funny in a weird way.

Lion King Is Crime Victim
    Oct 16, 2007 11:47 PM
    By Beth Hillyer
    HONOLULU (KHNL) - One of the stars of the hit production, "The Lion King" was the talk of the Honolulu Police station today.
    The man who plays "Mufasa" was there because he got ripped off during his first week on island.
    Lion King Mufasa has been vowing crowds around the world and here in Hawaii.
    With his amazing voice and elaborate costumes Mufasa delights those in the audience.
    But actor Geno Segers wasn't delighted when he found himself a crime victim.
    Someone stole his only mode of transportation, his bike. "I was here for about a week, went out to get my bike and my bike was gone."
    He doesn't have a rental car. Here for three months he uses the bike to get around "My mode of transportation is my bicycle. I brought it from St. Louis to Cleveland to Honolulu which cost me quite a whack. "
    It's worth about one thousand dollars including shipping and custom upgrades. "I was riding through Ala Moana park and I saw a bike that looked like mine. I had a bit of an obsession and I checked again on closer look it couldn't have been anybody else bike but mine." Police arrested the suspect sleeping under Seger's bike. he told police bought the bike off someone else. Now Segers is reunited with his bike. he says the audiences here are the best he's encountered in his four years touring and he doesn't harbor any ill feelings about his stolen bike.
    What you may not know about the man in the Lion King costume Geno Segers is from North Carolina but lives in Australia. He played professional rugby and is a business entrepreneur.. Like his character Mufasa, he also has a son.
    Now... is anyone else picturing Geno riding around on a bike in full costume?

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Look! First pic of Wallace on Broadway!

Nala is Kissy Simmons of course.

From this article: http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hi...lion-king.aspx

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    yea, so i saw the show 2 days ago and i dont really have time now to tell about it all, but once i have been uploading all pics and stuff, and when im back in sweden again ill let ya all know

all i can say about it now is that it was assome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Great article about Kissy Simmons and how she got enraptured by the show and landed the role! I remember seeing her the only time I got to see the show in NYC in Summer 2005, she was unbelievable. By far the strongest voice of any Nala actress and one of the few things I do remember about that particular performance was her rendition of shadowland.

And YAAAY for Wallace on Broadway! I knew he'd get there eventually, I hope he's there to stay - at least as long as Kissy.

Now let's all guess what she does during Act I that she doesn't want to talk about...

1) Spends some "quality time" alone with Wallace backstage since neither have to get ready until a half-hour into the show.

2) Watches/listens to some kind of TV program or music to relax before the show, but is too embarrassed to reveal

3) Gets a full-body massage in a private suite in the theatre to relax her muscles, doesn't want to reveal to make the rest of the cast envious

I'm leaning towards #1 since Kissy really seemed to get along *well* with the former Broadway Simba Josh Tower, and I think she's still playing the field.

------

Anyway, so glad to hear you enjoyed TLKoB Kiara, can't wait to hear a more detailed story and some pics when you get back!

------

And that's sad that someone stole Geno's bike, I'm really glad that he got it back. Geno = The BEST Mufasa EVER. He deserves more. My bold prediction is that he will be on Broadway before 2010. Quote me on it!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm guessing she does something totally embarrassing. Or maybe yoga. She seems like the yoga type.

Geno is the best Mufasa ever. Followed very closely by Rufus Bonds, Jr. Then Nathaniel.

Can't wait to hear about your trip Kiara!

I found another picture today.

This is Vicky Ekanoye from the current London cast. There aren't enough picture of Sarabi.

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I feel like I'm the only one here anymore. I miss y'all.

Here's another article with pictures of how they apply Rafiki's makeup.

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...710210304.html

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sooo .. Im back home .. All depressed and sad and miss my buddy and US oh so much i cant describe it

I just uploaded all pics from my trip, and so also the ones from TLKoB, even if it was forbidden to take pics, i did try to take one of the scene .. Another one took one after the show ofthe bowing, and i wanted to do so too but .. I did record whole show on mp3 tho XD .. (and forgot the mp3 at Shats place, so he better send it back here once he find it). I thought the ghost of Mufasa was really cool and tried figure out how the heck they did that with the light .. O_o But i kinda liked the opening scene most so .. They solved lots of things in the show really good, like the stampede .. and it was pretty much what i expected, ive heard others seen it and such ..

I got some TLK stuffs too
    The plushies and the drink thing is from the Disney Store in the Walden Galleria in Buffalo tho .. The puzzle and memory i got on Amsterdams airport. I got the TLKoB CD finally on the concert itself .. i mean show .. the Nightwish concert was the day after :woeisme: (i got a NW cd and the last DVD in buffalo as well, and their new cd in London, so have things from all around the world now XD) .. so wheee I was also gonna buy this one but never did, and forgot to buy THIS ONE too I forgot it, and will never forgive myself for that >.< It was so beautiful and played CoL ... I was like so wanted to buy every thing i saw, and i had enough money for that, but im glad i didnt do now, cuz then i wouldnt have money enough now to go back to US in december ..
    On another note that Shat (especially) and i found funny was that the Nokia Theater (the concert) and Minskoff Theater (the show) was in the same building XD (see here)

The theater and trip and day as well can be found here ...