Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 39 of 111 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for TLKoB midis

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    (Sorry about the double posting again, still too long...)

Anyways, that was a extremely long story to post about but I just felt like talking about it. (Hey it?s about TLKoB) Even before we started talking about TLKoB, we went out to eat and when we came home, Louie (a kid that?s staying here at our house with his sister and mom, which is a long story how they started staying here) was watching Simba?s Pride. Even I said to him, ?Wow you like this movie? This is like your third time watching it?? Then Tyler said, ?Oh I can?t wait to play TLK world in Kingdom Hearts II!? And I was surprised he said that? Really I didn?t think he and his sister even liked TLK. Because every time I would talk about it, Tyler never said anything. (And normally when someone talks about something you have an interest in, you usually speak up too) I even remember talking about TLK at his house and I remember his sister saying she didn?t like TLK. (I had no comment? Everyone has their own opinions) XD So I was quite surprised to find out later that night that she bought TLKoB tickets. Then later we were in the hallway, I said, ?You?re never seen this movie huh?? And he?s like, ?No I haven?t?? I?ve showed him TLK 1 ? before, just because he wanted to, (Probably because he likes the Timon and Pumbaa Show) even though in my opinion I don?t really like it that much. (He liked it though) I prefer Simba?s Pride to TLK 1 ?, but maybe that?s just me. (Nothing compares to the original first TLK though) Well here I am rambling about my friends and TLK. I was just rather surprised about this interest they were showing in TLK in general tonight? They know about my obsession with TLK, yet they never really seemed to show too much interest in it. Well I hope some of you liked reading this long story?
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    oh my gosh!! im goona see TLKoB in 12 hours!!!! now for the 7 hour drive... :shout:

Avatar drawn by Azerane - thank you! :3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There's so many potential routes to pursue if one wishes to become involved in TLKoB. The on-stage acting is but a single element. The musicians, technicians, wardrobe assistants, and host of other staff all work together to provide crucial ingredients to the full TLKoB experience.

I'd love to be part of the behind-the-scenes crew. Some sort of technician or other.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Costumes totally. Or just running crew would be awesome. My best friend is training to be a dancer and is planning on auditioning for TLK when he graduates from Uni next year. He said he'd let me come play backstage. If I ever have the opportunity to interview for a position on the tech crew, I will totally take it.

Sharifu: Sorry. Yes, I was talking about the clip Lion_King_300 posted. And congrats on your second row seats. Mine are second row for one of the performances too. We'll compare notes.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Bahati
    There's so many potential routes to pursue if one wishes to become involved in TLKoB. The on-stage acting is but a single element. The musicians, technicians, wardrobe assistants, and host of other staff all work together to provide crucial ingredients to the full TLKoB experience.

I'd love to be part of the behind-the-scenes crew. Some sort of technician or other.
    Yeah that's so true... I do think it would be neat to be the puppet supervisor...

HasiraKali, how many times are going to see TLKoB while it plays in San Antonio?
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Sharifu
    HasiraKali, how many times are going to see TLKoB while it plays in San Antonio? [/B]
    Seven. But that might change when it gets closer to April. If I could afford it, I'd go to all 50 something performances... but alas, I am a poor college student.

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Wow 7!!! How much money are you spending for these tickets?

I'm only seeing the show once while it's in San Jose... My mom already thought it was weird enough I was seeing it again after seeing it three times already, but she doesn't understand.
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Wow 7!!! How much money are you spending for these tickets?

I'm only seeing the show once while it's in San Jose... My mom already thought it was weird enough I was seeing it again after seeing it three times already, but she doesn't understand.
    Spent way too much. But I've been saving to do this for 3 years. I've been putting a little money aside each month specifically for TLK. I've even cut back on my ebaying just so it wouldn't kill my account totally.

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Wow... So you knew for a very long time that the show was coming to San Antonio huh? Were all the tickets you bought, orchestra seats?
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Wow... So you knew for a very long time that the show was coming to San Antonio huh? Were all the tickets you bought, orchestra seats?
    It was supposed to come through two years ago and then they switched it to this year and then to next year. So I'm actually getting to go more than I would have if it had come when it was supposed to. I have two sets of orchestra (one set's in the VIP section ), two sets of Mezz, and three seperates for Mezz. I'm so excited. I stare at them every day.

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    it. was. amazing. totally worth the two 8 1/2 hour drive. lots of stuff was diiferent then what i thouhght! more l8er. have had NO sleep

Avatar drawn by Azerane - thank you! :3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    And anyways, instead I asked my buddy Tim, our own member Lion_King_300 if he wanted to use that extra ticket we had. I know he lives kind of far away from San Jose, but I asked him just in case. I considered asking him first because, I know he?s a big TLKoB fan, and he?s willing to pay the normal theater prices for TLKoB tickets. The day I bought tickets for, is on his birthday (February 24, and I had no idea at the time I bought the tickets that that day was his birthday). We can hang out again (We met in Portland last September to see TLKoB together with Lea member Starlioness, it all worked out great since I was visiting my mom in Oregon during that time). And also we can go sight see in San Francisco, I thought he might like to see that city? To meet Lea members Vidan and Muruwa as well, since they will be seeing the show with us too, and also because I have second row seats. Tim seemed all two happy about this and quickly considered to go. (He doesn?t have to pay for a hotel, I told him he?s welcome to stay here at my place for the weekend and he?s going to fly! Yay, I?m glad and this will be so fun Tim! I can?t wait!)
    Yeah, 2nd row seats, it wasn't even a question as to whether I would go or not. That is going to be the best Birthday present ever to go see you and TLKOB again from that close!

And it too would be my dream job to work for TLKOB somehow, not as an actor/performer but backstage somewhere. Even to work backstage though at a production as big as that requires an extensive drama background, however which I don't have... oh well maybe there's another way. It would just be so great to know you're a part of that team putting the experience together for thousands of people every night.

HoLy CoW! 7 times HasiraKali??? That's unbelievable!!! I'd think it'd get a little repetitive after the third or fourth time especially in the same run, even being a big fan of TLKOB, I've seen it five times but spread out over 10 months and at 3 different theatres, 7 times would be a little too much for me. But it's cool that you'll get to see it from different viewpoints and you've obviously been waiting a long time for this!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Certain shows don't get repetitive for me. I've seen Phantom 5 times. That was spread out though... Nah it won't be repetitive. That's what's great about live theater. Everytime you see it, it's different. The audience, the performers change things up, and of course when things don't go as planned, it can be pretty amusing.

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    TLKoB is amazing, but oddly enough...I got...well...I can't say tired of it, nor repetitive, but it was...pretty much the same.

Well, before I saw it the first time, I had seen Cats about five times, and of course TLKoB was jawdropping for me. The second time I saw it, after perhaps my sixth time seeing Cats, I was...in a way...taken back.

Because the thing with Cats is it's always different. Yes, the song sequences are the same, the characters are the same (in the US tour), but sometimes the actors/actresses are different and they'll have different interpretations of the characters and they never do the same thing in the background. It's always different for me. I've seen it seven or eight times (I've actually lost count!)...which is pretty "unbelievable" in my case, since my family is about lower-middle-class. And I'd like to point out the fact that I am not obsessed with Cats...I'm actually not very active in the fandom at all, no where near as much as TLK.

But anyway, yea, I was really, really surprised when I saw that TLKoB was almost exactly the same as the last time I had seen it, even with maybe two or three different actors/actresses. Of course I would notice things I hadn't noticed before, but I was so used to seeing characters doing almost whole different things in parts that wasn't choreographed (dancing and so on).

And so ends my totally pointless tale of the differences between TLKoB and Cats. Which no one will give a crap about...BUT...oh well. *wonders how much of someone's time she has wasted*

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Cats is a pretty changable show. Everytime I saw it, I noticed different trash pieces in the set. I'm a hardcore theater person so I always notice itty bitty things no one else would. Like I noticed, last time I saw Phantom that the chandelier didn't rise at the right point in the music and was still going up when the overture was over. I'm sure I'll pick up on that kind of thing with TLK too. And I'm slightly obsessed anyway.

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Hmm, TLKoB is the only broadway show I have ever seen... I do want to see The Phanton of the Opera... And I also want to see Tarzan! (Maaaaybe Beauty and the Beast, but I don't know, I'm not really a huge fan of that movie.) I did see that Aladdin musical at California Adventure though... It's sort of like a broadway musical.
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I want to see it SOOOOO bad....but I can't!!!

But I have the soundtrack and love it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Aww, you're missing some of my most favorite filler moments...the lionesses' hunt, Zazu and Mufasa's banter, Nala's journey...

I'm a hardcore theater person so I always notice itty bitty things no one else would. Like I noticed, last time I saw Phantom that the chandelier didn't rise at the right point in the music and was still going up when the overture was over.

*is jealous* I can't afford the time or money to see theatre that often, but I very much enjoy the few times I year I get to. I'm hoping to grab tickets for PotO, but I wouldn't be surprised if they sell out before I get a chance to grab them.

I have to add that I think TLKoB succeeds because it doesn't many any attempts at realism. That's really where I think the TLK ice show goes so wrong. The cunning artistry and prop manipulation really goes a long way to making the experience memorable, even if your imagination has to fill in the gaps.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Where are you going to see it? Phantom tickets on tour and even Broadway aren't really that hard to get, especially if you go alone. Just remember, when something is listed as "Sold out" it might not actually be. More than likely it just means that there are single seats throughout the theater but nothing together.

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Originally posted by HasiraKali
    Where are you going to see it? Phantom tickets on tour and even Broadway aren't really that hard to get, especially if you go alone. Just remember, when something is listed as "Sold out" it might not actually be. More than likely it just means that there are single seats throughout the theater but nothing together.
    Well I actually checked the touring cast for Phantom and I haven't seen any coming near my area. Maybe someday I'll go to New York, and if I do I'll see some musicals while I'm there.
    My Lion King Fan-Art