Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 38 of 111 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for TLKoB midis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh I don't think they have pictures but they have pictures of themselves in the free playbill that everyone gets so they could sign that.

I was going to yell something like "Break a leg tonight Yando" or something like that... y'know something that let him know that I knew who he was as an actor. Oh well, maybe I'll get to meet him in San Jose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    None of them.
    The Madness of King Scar is by far my favourite scene, and it isn't listed -sob-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was thinking about making a new topic on this, but I thought that, since there's already one based on TLKoB, I might as well ask here:

I have a horrible memory, and no matter how much an event means to me, I can barely remember it. Even though I was completely enthralled when I saw the tour production, I can't remember much of it. I'm interested in making story-versions of some scenes, in ways I think could fit into the actual movie. Namely the MoKS bit, but also small scenes, ones that didn't occur on the soundtrack and were just dialogue.

There was one I found very amusing: the scene after Simba's and Nala's first encounter with the Hyenas, and Mufasa toys around with Zazu, telling him Sarabi wanted him to fire Zazu. Another is Scar taking Simba to the Gorge- doesn't Simba start pouncing Scar's tail? I'm pretty sure there's some dialogue there.

In short, I was hoping that a few people who remember some/most of the dialogue in as many scenes as they remember could post what they recall. :fini:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i saw the lion king at the lyceme theatre in london and it was totally amazing. the whole show was fantastic. the animals in the audience, the correct dialogue and the songs from the lion king 2. i don't have a bad word to say about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Ralli
    There was one I found very amusing: the scene after Simba's and Nala's first encounter with the Hyenas, and Mufasa toys around with Zazu, telling him Sarabi wanted him to fire Zazu. Another is Scar taking Simba to the Gorge- doesn't Simba start pouncing Scar's tail? I'm pretty sure there's some dialogue there.

In short, I was hoping that a few people who remember some/most of the dialogue in as many scenes as they remember could post what they recall. :fini: [/B]
    Ahh yes, the classic "Zazu gets fired" scene. The real reason this scene came to be is that, in the planning for the show, it was discovered that the stagehands needed extra time to set up the elaborate "Wildebeest Stampede" scene, about three and a half to four minutes to be exact.

If you've seen the show, you probably remember that there is a lengthy shadow puppet sequence before the stampede scene but this alone wasn't enough, so the script-writers were sent to work to devise a dialogue scene between Mufasa and Zazu that would not only be funny, but also develop those characters personalities, which it also did beautifully.

It went something like this:

<All action takes place upstage in front of "rock" screen, Mufasa and Zazu enter from stage right, Mufasa looking out toward audience>

Zazu: About last night sire... I'm so terribly sorry. You know how those cubs are always getting into mischief, and as you know I am better suited to royal affairs than tending tots! But when Sarabi asked me to babysit those two of course I obliged, after all, SHE'S the boss.

<Mufasa slowly turns his head toward Zazu, audience laughs>

Zazu: And... you're... the BIG boss...
    Sarabi wasn't too upset with me, was she, sire?

Mufasa: Zazu, she was livid! I tried to calm her, but she insists that I...

Zazu: What?

Mufasa: FIRE you!

Zazu: FIRE?!?!?!

<Mufasa walks towards stage left, Zazu goes nuts>

Zazu: <kisses Mufasa's entire body, starting at his feet up to his head>

I love you!

Mufasa: Zazu!

Zazu: AAUGH! FIRED! <continues to freak out, bang head against floor multiple times>

Mufasa: Zazu...

<Zazu slowly looks up at Mufasa>

<slowly, reassuringly> It's... a... joke!

Zazu: <dumbly looks out at audience>
    Sire, your sense of humor never fails to abuse me.

Mufasa: Haha, sometimes I can't resist ruffling your feathers!

Zazu: But sire, last night... you weren't too hard on Simba, were you?

Mufasa: How could I be hard on him... I want to encourage his curiosity, but that son of mine seems to want to plunge headstrong into danger without thinking!

Zazu: That reminds me of a cub I knew long ago, a certain headstrong cub, and as I recall, he achieved some prominent status.

Mufasa: <laughs> Zazu, you've known me too long. <both exit stage left>

And that, plus a line or two and maybe a few wording errors, is the added dialogue scene. I don't have the script, I recalled that just from my own memory (I've seen TLKOB 5 times in the last year) and I too really like this dialogue and it adds a ton to Zazu's character that we weren't able to see in the movie.

Hope everyone enjoyed this and brought back some memories! Let me know if you'd like me to recall some more TLKOB scenes and I'll do my best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you so much, Lion_King_300. Do you think you could post any more dialogue that you remember? I'd really like some from the interaction between cub Simba and Scar before the stampede. Isn't it a little different than from the movie? But if you remember more than just that scene, would you mind posting here or PMing me with it?

Eee, thanks so much for that much, anyway. It brings back memories. It's an awful thing to be unable to remember seeing such a great show. I only remember bits and pieces of scenes, but never the voices or very little of what is said outside of the movie or soundtrack. Lucky you, though- seeing TLK five times in one year. Wow! I've only seen in twice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have never seen TLKOB at all
    I would of really liked to.

Recall the whole script please

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Lion_King_300
    (I've seen TLKOB 5 times in the last year)
    So you've seen TLKoB for a total of five times right? (I believe you saw TLKoB in Seattle during December, but I think you included that) I keep forgoting how many times you said you've seen the show.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, twice in Seattle, once on Broadway and twice in Portland.

Actually just before the stampede scene I remember the dialogue being very similar to the film, but I'm a little weak at remembering this particular scene, the only part I know for sure is different is that Scar asks Simba to stay on "this ledge" instead of "this rock."

And for those of you wondering if there's any difference between the touring productions across the country and the show on Broadway in New York, after I went to see TLKOB in NYC in June I came up with four major differences:

1. Pride Rock is larger on Broadway, about five or ten feet taller to my estimation

2. The dancers for the "Grasslands Chant" actually came up out of the floor to start the song, in the touring production they start out on stage.

3. During the "Lioness hunt" the dancer holding the gazelle that is "eaten" at the end of the song falls through the floor during the strobe light effect so only the gazelle is left on stage. In the touring show he/she stays on stage and prances off, leaving the gazelle puppet.

4. In the He Lives in You reprise, the Ghost of Mufasa is backlit SO much better than in the touring show, in the touring production it appears more solid and doesn't glow but in NYC you can see dots of light that the light shines through to create an AWESOME effect that makes the image more powerful.

For proof of how powerful it is, the audience GASPED in awe when the ghost was revealed in NYC but they've never gasped in any of the touring productions (not so say that it's bad or anything, they're just doing the best with what they have to work with when they take the show on the road) But definitely this was the most noticable difference for me, especially because I love this scene so much!

I think that's about it, everything else was very minor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for providing that comparison. I always wondered what differences existed between the Broadway and touring shows.

I'm not sure about the rest of the audience in Portland, but I know I gasped when Mufasa's ghost appeared.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You're welcome, it's something I had jotted down in my diary from my NYC/Europe trip but I didn't get a chance to write about yet.

In the touring production I do remember some people did gasp or show some form of amazement, but it was nothing like the response at the New Amsterdam, and from what I recall Rafiki sang extremely well in NYC, she had a crystal-clear voice and really projected the words out into your soul.

Imagine over a thousand people gasping at the same time... it truly sounded like that... that alone sends the chills down your spine.

And also the sound is overall quite better there than other theatres understandably because the show was meant to be at the New Amsterdam, I remember learning that they had installed subwoofers underneath every section of the audience in NYC and during the stampede scene you could literally feel the ground shaking and vibrating under you!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Wow... I want to see TLKoB in New York... I hope I can someday.

I've never even been to New York.
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you everyone for sharing your experiences with the musical show.

I missed my chance to see the Lion King on Broadway in Baltimore, MD and New York City.

I got some photos of the New Amsterdam Theatre though.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/5277863...tags/lionking/

I hope I can go to New York City to watch the Broadway Show before the show stops running.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^ Great pictures, StarionWolf.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I found another TLKOB news clip today that I don't think has been uncovered yet, it's an interview with one of the ensemble members of the Broadway company and how his acting experiences relate to his South African heritage, it's quite a good clip and features a lot of close-up video from the show, check it out!

TLKOB News Interview

(it's the second one down on the list)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks for showing us your pictures starionwolf.

And thanks for that clip Tim! I always like to see new clips about TLKoB. I can't wait to see TLKoB again.
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    go here to cast fo TLKoB!!

http://disney.go.com/disneytheatrica...l/casting.html

have fun!!

Avatar drawn by Azerane - thank you! :3

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Oh I found that clip today too. :loL: Small world. The little clips are great. Gopher!

And just out of curiousity, is anyone else going to the show when it comes through San Antonio next April? Just wondering if anyone wants to try to meet up or something.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Simbaspirit
    go here to cast fo TLKoB!!

http://disney.go.com/disneytheatrica...l/casting.html

have fun!!
    Heh, I would love to be in TLKoB... But really I don't think I can sing too well. I'm terribly shy singing in front of people. But deep down inside I would really love to sing and perform in front of people, and being in TLKoB would be so neat... I practically listen to, and sing (when no one is around) to TLKoB CD everyday. Ah well... I don't live where TLKoB plays in the same place all the time, like in New York and London. Even if I could sing well, and in front of people, I think I would be in a traveling cast, I'm not sure if I would like that. Well doing that for years anyways... I mean, I know the touring casts and been doing this for at least two years? Or almost two years? I'm not totally sure... How often do you think they see their family and friends from home? But well I think I'm more talented in drawing instead.

Originally posted by HasiraKali
    Oh I found that clip today too. :loL: Small world. The little clips are great. Gopher!
    Are you talking about that last clip Lion_King_300 posted?
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    (Sorry about the double post, but I had to do that since these next posts are rather long)

Hmm, well today I had a few friends over. And I had fun, it?s been a while since I had any of my friends over. I was showing two of my friends today, two of my TLKoB books. (Pride Rock on Broadway and just a big thin book called The Lion King The Broadway Musical? It just mostly has pictures. I think they?re sold only for $10 at the theater gift shop) They thought a lot of the costumes were really neat and I showed them a lot of puppets that I liked in the show. My friend Tyler said that his sister bought tickets for the show here in San Jose. And I said, ?Oh and you?re not going?? And then he said, ?Well I wasn?t invited.? Then I said, ?Oh.? Since they were showing so much interest in the show now, I grabbed my dad?s laptop (since mine is having problems charging) and showed them TLKoB clip that Bahati posted a while back, about TLKoB coming to Portland. (Which if you haven?t seen already, shows a lot of ?behind the curtain? types of things.) Which even made them even show more interest then just seeing the books. (Obviously it would do that) Then I showed them another clip that is a little similar, but also had some different things, a clip that Lion_King_300 posted about TLKoB in Seattle. At least my friend Tyler said he wanted to see the show now? I told him, ?Well I told you and Ashley (my other friend that was over) about TLKoB coming to San Jose last summer, and I told you how Anna (another friend of mine, who is also a member here too, Muruwa) wanted to see the show with me, and you guys didn?t seem too interested at the time. You asked me how much the prices were and then you didn?t seem to say anything else. So when the time came around to buy tickets, I didn?t even bother to ask you guys.? I told Ashley earlier in the day about going to see the show again in San Jose, I was wearing my one and only TLKoB shirt and she said she liked my shirt so that?s how that came up. I told her how my friend Eric (Vidan) wanted to get another ticket for a friend of his, but it ended up he couldn?t go. I told her I was considering asking her, because I thought she might like to go, but I just knew she wouldn?t be willing to pay the price for the seats that we got. (Second row on a Friday night, and Friday and Saturday showings are the most expensive) She asked me about much and I told her about $80 and she was like, ?Whoa!? But I told her how they were second row seats and I wanted to see the show in the best seats I could find. After seeing the show three times, I wanted to be as close to the stage as I could. I want to see the actors in their costumes and all the puppets up close. TLKoB is such a piece art. And also, this might be the last time I see the show, so I want good seats. (But I might be lucky enough to see the show in London this summer, but well we?ll see) And anyways, instead I asked my buddy Tim, our own member Lion_King_300 if he wanted to use that extra ticket we had. I know he lives kind of far away from San Jose, but I asked him just in case. I considered asking him first because, I know he?s a big TLKoB fan, and he?s willing to pay the normal theater prices for TLKoB tickets. The day I bought tickets for, is on his birthday (February 24, and I had no idea at the time I bought the tickets that that day was his birthday). We can hang out again (We met in Portland last September to see TLKoB together with Lea member Starlioness, it all worked out great since I was visiting my mom in Oregon during that time). And also we can go sight see in San Francisco, I thought he might like to see that city? To meet Lea members Vidan and Muruwa as well, since they will be seeing the show with us too, and also because I have second row seats. Tim seemed all two happy about this and quickly considered to go. (He doesn?t have to pay for a hotel, I told him he?s welcome to stay here at my place for the weekend and he?s going to fly! Yay, I?m glad and this will be so fun Tim! I can?t wait!) But yeah, anyways, back to my friends I was talking about that I saw today? After I showed them some clips I told them I can still see what seats are left and still available to buy from the theater for them. I also told them, ?Well it?s up to you guys, and how much you?re willing to pay?? Then they said, ?Well if it was cheaper I would go?? And I said, ?Well I mean I don?t know when TLKoB will be around this area again, and it?s in the very city we live in.? And they said, ?Well if it?s this popular it will probably be back.? But seriously I don?t know about that? I check the official Disney TLKoB site every once and in while and I haven?t seen any touring production coming around this area again. (Does anyone know how long the casts will be touring the US?) Well after they left, out of curiosity I was looking for tickets, on the same night that I would be going, and well there wasn?t really good seats for 2 seats together left, but there were some pretty good single seats left. I could have gotten two separate single seats that were only separated by a row or two, that weren?t too far from the stage and near the middle. I really wanted to get those seats for them, so I called them and I told Tyler about it, but also those seats were the most expensive ones? I felt like telling them they should just go all out and buy them, instead of getting cheaper ones, since I myself have seen the show in the Mezzanine once and it can?t compare to the emotional experience you get in the Orchestra. (I know that sounds weird but that?s how I feel, and even I think this will probably be their only chance to see it, so I say get the best seats you can) But I told Tyler that you aren?t going to get anything cheaper then $50... Even on a weekday, and after the fees are added. I told him whatever seat you guys are going to get, it going to be around $50 - $80. Then my friend said, ?Well, it looks like we?ll have to miss this.? And I said ?Well ok? Give me a call if change your mind.? I felt disappointed that they weren?t willing to pay that much for tickets. But oh well, it?s their loss? I wanted them to experience TLKoB but I don?t want to pay for their tickets, or part of it? It?s just too much for me. I offered to do it for my friend Anna, (Muruwa) but she showed interest in seeing the show for over a year now, back when TLKoB was playing in San Francisco. She told me she was willing to pay $50 at the most to see TLKoB, and I was willing to pay the extra $30 for her ticket, as a Christmas and Birthday gift? (It seems fair, I mean that?s like, $15 for Christmas and $15 for her Birthday, and we normally get gifts for each other during those times, I don?t usually exchange gifts too much with my other two friends that I was talking about) Well I tried, but I can?t offer to help pay for their tickets? (Not that they were asking of course) I?m already trying to save up to go to Europe next summer. It?s too bad, I wish they would go, I know they have the money, but I guess I can?t blame them? I?ve never seen a Broadway show before TLKoB, and when I first saw the prices I had no idea they were going to cost that much. But I should have told them, that the prices here for the show in San Jose were cheaper then what they were for the show in San Francisco? (Well I remember like all the Orchestra seats were $100! And I know the show in New York costs just as much, but still I would like to see TLKoB in New York someday) Ah well, I tried? Even after all this, STM called me later, and I was telling him about the this, and he said, ?It sounds like they would only be willing to see the show if it came to Portland again.? Ha, that?s because he knows when I saw the show in Portland, Tim got seats for around $30, really incredibly cheap for Orchestra seats? But they would never travel that far? Seriously they wouldn?t. (And I seriously doubt TLKoB will come back to Portland anyways. The shows that will play in California, will always cost more. Pretty much everything costs more in California)
    My Lion King Fan-Art