Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 33 of 111 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for TLKoB midis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Sharifu
    I want to work for Disney too. I want to be an animator.
    I looked up some things today, like the Disney College! How awesome would it be to go there... I'm considering it, and I'm not sure exactly what department I'd aim to work in, I've almost finished (6 months to go) my degree in Digital Media. Done a bit of 3d and stuff but I just want to be involved in Disney somehow, so magical!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    It is! I hope you can work for Disney in some way!
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Sydney show

Originally posted by simba's girl
    Hey, I've been to the Sydney show twice and managed to get some wicked seats the 2nd time! 3rd row from the front! I'm totally in love with the Australian adult Simba, he's so gorgeous and I was in heaven watching him sing Endless Night so close! I really want to go a third time... some of my friends think I'm crazy and that its not THAT worth going so much but I'm just in love with this show. I listen to the soundtrack all the time and I'm pretty sure I'm going to fly down to Melbourne for a weekend and see it again there! Has anyone else been to the Sydney show? The Simba I like (Turanga Merito) has been in the role for about 8 months but recently I met the original Simba, Vince Harder who was also on our XFactor here in Australia. And speaking of favourites, my fave songs are "He Lives In You", "Endless Night" and "Shadowland" - how about you guys/girls...?!
    *gasp* you met Vince.. he was really cool, I thought his voice was really good, all the time I just wanted to hear him sing a song from tlkob, hehe
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by simba's girl
    When did you see it in the US? Did you get to see Jason Raize??
    I might have, I saw TLKoB the same year or the year after it first came out on Broadway(NYC). Course I was still a little kid then and didn't think of the actors. so yea... just my little pointless interjection

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I might be lost in Georgetown D.C. I can find my way around n Downtown D.C.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'll go by myself in July or August.

I'm going to look for a map of Baltimore now. Or maybe I can print an online map.

Bye

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ooh Lucky you!
    I've never been to a TLK musical at all.. But I hope I'll go sometime :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No! Joking.. (sorry for the double post)
    I've been to a theater (if that counts) in Disney Land in Florida.. But that was when I was 5 years so... I hope to see some musical or something soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Im glad your saying how great the close seats are. Ive got front row ones for the last show but Id been told that the front few rows were to close and you have to look up. The first time I saw TLK it was Vincent. Thought he was ok so am looking forward to seeing Turanga.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Azerane - yeah I met Vince at Hillsong a few weeks ago, he sang "Let Me Love You" and was really good! He's really nice but that night I felt bad cos all these girls were swarming him and asking for photos so I didn't... he's married after all! lol, don't think those girls knew that...

Lunarcat - I can't believe its been out for so long! Until last year I hadn't even really heard that there was a stage production. I saw it for the first time this year and just was so amazed that it began all the way back in the late 90's!

Simba2662 - Yeah the front seats are great in terms of being able to see the actors faces and stuff, I didn't have to look up too much, the only thing that was weird was that when Young Simba is lying on the desert stage, you can't see him at all (but I knew from having gone before). Thats pretty much it, everything else was amazing and it was good to be able to see the stage and not many audience members... took you right into the setting of the show!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    God dag! Hur m?r du? I hope you can see a musical in Sverige soon. Ja?

Vi ses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for sharing the cool reviews. The Lion King Musical started in 1997 in New York City. I would go to New York but the bus fare is expensive. I might get lost in NYC too. lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I love the city of Baltimore!! I lived in Locust Point till I was nine. Then, I moved about twenty minutes or so away from there. I still remember my old number an address.

Thanks for the banner, Sombolia.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well last night went off with a bang. It was a standing ovation with streamers and confety coming down from the roof. Scar said a few words as all the actors stood there with a tear in their eyes. The seats were so amazing I def reccomend the stalls over the dress circle if you can get close. Rafiki was just awesome, up there with Tsidi de loka. Simba hit the high notes well and nala was stunning.
    Was a night to remember.

Busa Simba

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    wow , sounds like it was a great night

wish i was there

glad you had fun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ARGH! I'm SO jealous! I booked tickets and almost chose the last night but there weren't enough good seats so I went earlier but I was so wanting to be there Sunday night cos I just KNEW there would be something special happening! And how sad is this... I didn't but was going to send a note to Simba who I think is gorgeous but just wanted to encourage, but I didn't... I had to go away and couldn't get the note to the theatre in time...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the info lionloversam. I want to visit Baltimore and the inner and outer harbor.

Do you happen to know anything about the street car/light train? I have a question about riding it. I know I need a ticket and I need to press a button to open the door. When I'm on the train, how do I know which station the train is approacing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by starionwolf
    When I'm on the train, how do I know which station the train is approacing?

I think they will display it on a screen at the front of the car or announce it over a loud speaker. But I don't know for sure.

Thanks for the banner, Sombolia.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ok, thanks. I think the conductor will announce the next station on the loudspeaker too. If I go to Baltimore I'll take some pictures of some buildings and Penn Station.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm going to see it also with my family, but can't remember what day though.

As for the light rail they announce each stop when you get to it and the next stop, plus they have a map on the ceiling of each car to show all the stops and when your stop is next just push the yellow strip around you to let the driver know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ok, thanks for the information. I'll look for the yellow strip.

I was wondering where you were Wolfman Jack. I'd go with you, but you don't remember what day you are going. I need to buy my ticket soon before all the upper balcony seats are sold-out.