Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2034 - end of civilization?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2034 - end of civilization?

Scietists have recently discovered a huge asteroid which is flying towards are precious earth. They say it will hit us in 2034 (or 2036) and will cause a global climat crisis which means, in short, we will all die.
    I read it in the newspaper yesterday, and I know newspapers are not always to be taken seriously but it was still kinda cool when I read it

Anyways, what's your opinion on this statement? And even if it is true, what could we do about it to stop it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    We could all do a dance then maybe it will miss us....or we could ask it nicely to hit another planet or something?

I think its BS that will happen...everyone knows the earths gonna turn into icecream and melt
    Members I have had the pleasure to meet: STM [x2], Sharifu [x2], Taneli [x2], King Simba [x4], Shadow [x1], Nathalie [x2], Lucy Lioness [x2], This Land [x4], Daniel [x2], Nephilim [x1], KanuTGL [x2], Revo [x1], Naline [x1], FCSimba [x9], Leorgathar [x1]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, that's a little freaky. Maybe (if it's true) by that time we could set up something like they did in Armageddon. XD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There have been meteors and asteroids, etc, etc that have come close to Earth several other times, several thought they would hit several times, but few did, and those that did, didn't do much damage, the only ones that did are in the gulf of Mexico and in the middle of Arizona I believe.

Still, if you go by the bible it says that a meteor will hit the water and turn almost all of the earth's water to poison, not sure if it is a real meteor or if that word was a metaphor or not. Anyway, interesting topic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    each 30 million years, our earth passes through a higher concentration of stars and other stuff in our solar system. The chance an asteroid will strike us at that point is much higher as normal. Earth has been lucky several times, the moon and especially jupiter have stopped several strikes which could have been fatal. The last big impact was Chixculub, probably the impact that caused the extinction of the dinosaurs (just a theory). I think there is a pretty big chance this is true, but maybe we are again in luck this time... ^^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    omg now im scared lol... yea the bible does say all that stuff about the meteor... im definetly watching the new movie tonight called revelations... and i think im gonna go do some light reading... if the bible can be considered light reading

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Banzai
    omg now im scared lol... yea the bible does say all that stuff about the meteor... im definetly watching the new movie tonight called revelations... and i think im gonna go do some light reading... if the bible can be considered light reading
    good luck with it

well, can the bible be taken seriously? Maybe, maybe not.
    example: The bible told us the stroy of Noah, well, there could be a source of truth in this story. If you believe the story of atlantis, and agree with all scientific proves that atlantis could have existed, (you should read "Blueprint of Atlantis" once) and therefore, the flood in Noah's story is true (again referring to Blueprint) the bible could be correct at some points.
    Still, that won't say anything. Nostradamus predicted the end of the world by 1999 (or was it 2001), which obviously wasn't correct. Although many of his predictions has come true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    O_O

STL.. hold me..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's a possibility that something like this could happen, but don't put to much "stock" in it as they say.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The most prominent theory made by scientists in regards to how we got our moon is that a meteor the size of Mars crashed in to the side of our planet billions of years ago and took a huge chunk of earth into orbit around itself. That being said, I do think that is the most credible theory for how the moon was formed, but I don't really believe we should be worrying about a meteor smashing into Earth and causing the end of civilization as we know it.

It COULD happen, but, you know, a lot of things could happen. I think worrying about the things WE are doing to the planet is more worth our time than worrying about what foreign space objects could do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i gotta say... anytime this tragedy can happen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nostradamus wasn't a writer of the Bible Solid Raven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That's old news, had it all over the news in 2000, they already said it'd miss us by a "safe margin"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Solid Raven
    good luck with it

well, can the bible be taken seriously? Maybe, maybe not.
    example: The bible told us the stroy of Noah, well, there could be a source of truth in this story. If you believe the story of atlantis, and agree with all scientific proves that atlantis could have existed, (you should read "Blueprint of Atlantis" once) and therefore, the flood in Noah's story is true (again referring to Blueprint) the bible could be correct at some points.
    Still, that won't say anything. Nostradamus predicted the end of the world by 1999 (or was it 2001), which obviously wasn't correct. Although many of his predictions has come true.
    Also, it's also believed that the flood created the polar ice caps. (I think that's what you call it)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    This sort of thing confuses me. If you take the Bible literally, the earth is only something like 6,000-10,000 years old. Yet here are people saying the Bible is literal and then that every some odd million years we have a period when the planet's near a meteor field. O.o That is so contradictory.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Dude, 2012 is the year of the uknown.

The myan calender which was created uber many years ago, as contiunesuly counted each year till 2012, where it just stops.... now thats freaky imho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by HasiraKali
    This sort of thing confuses me. If you take the Bible literally, the earth is only something like 6,000-10,000 years old. Yet here are people saying the Bible is literal and then that every some odd million years we have a period when the planet's near a meteor field. O.o That is so contradictory.
    It makes me laugh when people say they take the Bible completely literally. That would mean God is a sedimentary, igneous, or metamorphic rock formation because he is spoken of as a rock.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Kovster
    Dude, 2012 is the year of the uknown.

The myan calender which was created uber many years ago, as contiunesuly counted each year till 2012, where it just stops.... now thats freaky imho
    A lot of scientists think that's not the case either. They think the Mayans were killed off by the smallpox from Europe before they could finish it. We talked about that in one of my classes today.

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Originally posted by pntbll248
    It makes me laugh when people say they take the Bible completely literally. That would mean God is a sedimentary, igneous, or metamorphic rock formation because he is spoken of as a rock.
    Exactly! And a lot of the species on the planet today aren't mentioned in the Bible... so are they figments of our imagination?

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Bible doesn't say that the Earth is 10,000 years old, please go and show me the scipture where it says so cause I would seriously love to read it

As for the rock thing *whacks Pnt ont he head with the stick* You know that it's talking about Jesus being the rock that we can stand on, not an actual rock xD