I recently had a very in depth conversation with one of my friends. His old best friend sent him an email the other day and basically told him that they never wanted to see his face again. It hurt him pretty bad. Not to mention that I also told him off the same night he got the email. (Before I knew about the email).

Now first, I came to find out about this because Josh (my friend) and Brian (another one of my friends) had went gambling, using real money, but no actual winnings. The thing is, I didn't know there were no actual winnings, and Josh decided to take the money right out of my wallet, I didn't realize it till much later. And when he returned he put it on my desk and said nothing to me. No apology, nothing. He basically stole from me with no regret or anything....

That's why I went into his room not too long afterwards and told him that I didn't appreciate that and I expected better from him and such. I told him that I knew that they'd bring the money back, but I felt as though my trust had been violently attacked.

He apologized and told me about the email. I felt sorry for him, but still slightly aggravated. However, we begant o talk. He was supposed to leave at the end of this semester, but he was considering leaving earlier than planned, and I was already going to miss him enough when he left at the end, but if he left early it would suck more. He considered himself to be worthless and annoying to everyone around him.

Now, I never would have expected someone like him to be like that. he seemed like a popular person to me, I mean, I had never heard anything but good about him. he told me about his past, how his sister is a druggie and had sold his dog for drug money... He told me about the present, how his parents, in their three bedroomed house didn't have any room for him there, his sister didn't live there anymore, and they had no other kids, yet they couldn't fit him there.

We talked about the future. How he would be leaving and missing all of us, and wanting to leave before he made any more memories with his friends. But then again he didn't feel like he had that many friends int he first place. he felt like he just got in everyones way and annoyed them accidentally. He told me how he was worrying about what to do in the near future, so many different problems he was going to have to face.

And we mostly talkeda bout memories. he didn't want anymore memories that would later bring him pain. he said that college/uni friends don't keep their friendships. And that the memories would only bring him pain.

I comforted himt he best that I could. I told him to focus ont he present, to ask god for guidance and grace, to know his friends will be there, tha tnot everything goes the way we want it to, but nothing stays bad or good forever, all things have a beginning and an ending. And a whole bunch of stuff that i myself had learnt ove rthe years. I also told him a lot about myself. And we discovered that we're more alike then we realized. And I told himt hat it was going to hurt seeing him leave. But together, I think we decided to have the best time we could with what little bit of time we had remaining =)

On the 29th I'm throwing a big ole' party for all of the friends that I've made at college.. when I first started, josh and Brian were the only ones, it has now grown to over thirty people =)

I just really wanted to share this with you guys. ^^